Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Tweet of the year right here!

Also, I went from having no interest in getting on the next gen train as it left the station. However, if they are really offering their top tier console w/ Live & Game Pass included in $35/month installments, then you definitely have my attention.

Having done the math, you ultimately save just under $1/month vs. buying the Series X outright & paying for Live/Game Pass month to month (based on that potential $500 price point.) The thing that M$ can hang their hat on is this:

"Here's your brand new, most powerful console on the market with over 100+ titles to play right out of the gate for the low price of $35/month locked into a 2 year contract." It's a solid approach and, as the following video by Alanah points out, is no different really with how cell phone plans have been for years.

In their own way, Phil did exactly what he said he would do, which was seriously undercut whatever Sony would slap as a price tag on their new console ... from a certain point of view. If I am already reconsidering strongly and really wanting this now, I'm more than sure plenty of others are weighing the option just as well. Take into further consideration the dreaded (and quite inevitable recession we will soon be mired in), a "paltry, measly, $35/month" plan option isn't really breaking the bank for most gaming consumers.

34 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

It's a solid approach and, as the following video by Alanah points out, is no different really with how cell phone plans have been for years.

A combination of what Xbob and that is what I said before they should be doing before the Xbone even came out. They did do one step updates, just not nearly as frequent as a cell phone and financing it like a cell phone would be the next logical step.