~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I find life to be a lot simpler by believing everything is shit until something proves that it is not shit.

It's overkill. There's a line between, "Lower expectations so I won't be disappointed," to, "Hopeless pessimism and irrational contradictions," and we cross that line numerous times to where we contradict our own reading of the country depending on whom we're talking about. I have to admit that I respect Kal's viewpoint of, "Y'all are celebrating too early," but constantly being amazed at how much 2016 broke people's brains permanently. :p 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It's overkill. There's a line between, "Lower expectations so I won't be disappointed," to, "Hopeless pessimism and irrational contradictions," and we cross that line numerous times to where we contradict our own reading of the country depending on whom we're talking about. I have to admit that I respect Kal's viewpoint of, "Y'all are celebrating too early," but constantly being amazed at how much 2016 broke people's brains permanently. :p 

Can't say I blame them. 

Nearly three years later, and this country is a complete dumpster fire, to the point that I can't decide whether it would be better to have the Dems win in 2020 and try to salvage what little can be saved, or have Trump get reelected and just get this apocalypse over with. 

I legitimately feel like if Trump wins in 2020, that's it.  There is no hope for humanity.  Climate change will kill us all in a just a couple decades.

3 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Can't say I blame them. 

Nearly three years later, and this country is a complete dumpster fire, to the point that I can't decide whether it would be better to have the Dems win in 2020 and try to salvage what little can be saved, or have Trump get reelected and just get this apocalypse over with. 

I legitimately feel like if Trump wins in 2020, that's it.  There is no hope for humanity.  Climate change will kill us all in a just a couple decades.

Oh, I definitely blame them. Most of them aren't doing anything besides mope online. Do you really think we weren't a dumpster fire 15 years ago and all these people didn't exist then? That African-Americans weren't facing discrimination? That LGBTQ weren't facing discrimination? That black people weren't gunned down wrongfully? That sexual abusers weren't getting away with their deeds (but are actually getting taken down now)? That we weren't in a shitty war with neocon warhawks in charge of all levels of government?

We have people leading protests to protect the environment nationwide, including my state of Florida which houses numerous environmental groups who get little sleep leading the fight statewide to ban fracking and protect our natural beauty, people from older generations creating climate adaptation centers to help the younger generation who would feel the effects, a host of young people who decided to get into public service and journalism after 2016, young girls like Greta Thunberg who spoke to the UN and made worldwide news, thousands of young and old people who protested the sham health care Republican bills and helped to defeat them, women and men across the country bringing down former giants such as Epstein and Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes who would have gotten away with everything just 20 or 30 years ago, lawyers and activists across the country who challenge every bad bill and executive order Republicans try to shove down people's throats, white cops who are actually getting put to justice because black Americans never quit fighting and other white Americans/minorities joined with them, lawyers on opposite sides of Bush v Gore who helped make LGBT equality closer to reality along with *gasp* politicians who signed laws legalizing it, stopped defending DOMA and overturning Don't Ask Don't Tell, numerous voting rights groups fighting nationwide to end gerrymandering and fight Republican restrictions to voting (including Stacey Abrams who still refuses to call the Georgia governor legitimate and finds the fight for electoral balance more important than her 2020 aspirations), young kids who got off their ass to protest gun laws that have been shitty for ages and decided they had enough of waiting, people who decided to get up and vote even in small elections to make a difference in their community...

And I'm supposed to overlook how many people decided not to lay down despite having little power in 2017 and 2018? I know my ass got up for every referendum and judge reappointment, shit I always opted not to do in years past. I'm using my power as a meteorologist to talk climate change, do climate change/extreme weather stories and publicly school idiots who think they're smarter than I am on it. 

A lot of white liberals are realizing the crazy shit that most minorities already knew were there and already want to give up even though the latter fought to make things better for centuries and continue to do so. Either you try to fix the problem or you're part of it. Irrational defeatism where someone's logic isn't even consistent? Fuck that shit. 

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Oh, I definitely blame them. Most of them aren't doing anything besides mope online. Do you really think we weren't a dumpster fire 15 years ago and all these people didn't exist then? That African-Americans weren't facing discrimination? That LGBTQ weren't facing discrimination? That black people weren't gunned down wrongfully? That sexual abusers weren't getting away with their deeds (but are actually getting taken down now)? That we weren't in a shitty war with neocon warhawks in charge of all levels of government?

We have people leading protests to protect the environment nationwide, including my state of Florida which houses numerous environmental groups who get little sleep leading the fight statewide to ban fracking and protect our natural beauty, people from older generations creating climate adaptation centers to help the younger generation who would feel the effects, a host of young people who decided to get into public service and journalism after 2016, young girls like Greta Thunberg who spoke to the UN and made worldwide news, thousands of young and old people who protested the sham health care Republican bills and helped to defeat them, women and men across the country bringing down former giants such as Epstein and Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes who would have gotten away with everything just 20 or 30 years ago, lawyers and activists across the country who challenge everything bad bill and executive orders Republicans try to shove down people's throats, white cops who are actually getting put to justice because black Americans never quit fighting and other white Americans/minorities joined with them, lawyers on opposite sides of Bush v Gore who helped make LGBT equality closer to reality along with *gasp* politicians who signed laws legalizing it, stopped defending DOMA and overturning Don't Ask Don't Tell, numerous voting rights groups fighting nationwide to end gerrymandering and fight Republican restrictions to voting (including Stacey Abrams who still refuses to call the Georgia governor legitimate and finds the fight for electoral balance more important than her 2020 aspirations), young kids who got off their ass to protest gun laws that have been shitty for ages and decided they had enough of waiting, people who decided to get up and vote even in small elections to make a difference in their community...

And I'm supposed to overlook how many people decided not to lay down despite having little power in 2017 and 2018? I know my ass got up for everything referendum and judge reappointment, shit I always opted not to do in years past. I'm using my power as a meteorologist to talk climate change, do climate change/extreme weather stories and publicly school idiots who think they're smarter than I am on it. 

A lot of white liberals are realizing the crazy shit that most minorities already knew were there and already want to give up even though the latter fought to make things better for centuries and continue to do so. Either you try to fix the problem or you're part of it. Irrational defeatism where someone's logic isn't even consistent? Fuck that shit. 

...thanks, I needed to read that.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

We have people leading protests to protect the environment nationwide, including my state of Florida which houses numerous environmental groups who get little sleep leading the fight statewide to ban fracking and protect our natural beauty, people from older generations creating climate adaptation centers to help the younger generation who would feel the effects, a host of young people who decided to get into public service and journalism after 2016, young girls like Greta Thunberg who spoke to the UN and made worldwide news, thousands of young and old people who protested the sham health care Republican bills and helped to defeat them, women and men across the country bringing down former giants such as Epstein and Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes who would have gotten away with everything just 20 or 30 years ago, lawyers and activists across the country who challenge everything bad bill and executive orders Republicans try to shove down people's throats, white cops who are actually getting put to justice because black Americans never quit fighting and other white Americans/minorities joined with them, lawyers on opposite sides of Bush v Gore who helped make LGBT equality closer to reality along with *gasp* politicians who signed laws legalizing it, stopped defending DOMA and overturning Don't Ask Don't Tell, numerous voting rights groups fighting nationwide to end gerrymandering and fight Republican restrictions to voting (including Stacey Abrams who still refuses to call the Georgia governor legitimate and finds the fight for electoral balance more important than her 2020 aspirations), young kids who got off their ass to protest gun laws that have been shitty for ages and decided they had enough of waiting, people who decided to get up and vote even in small elections to make a difference in their community...

And I'm supposed to overlook how many people decided not to lay down despite having little power in 2017 and 2018? I know my ass got up for everything referendum and judge reappointment, shit I always opted not to do in years past. I'm using my power as a meteorologist to talk climate change, do climate change/extreme weather stories and publicly school idiots who think they're smarter than I am on it. 

I read this in Chris Evans’s voice.

Can you send me daily inspirational messages?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

We have people leading protests to protect the environment nationwide, including my state of Florida which houses numerous environmental groups who get little sleep leading the fight statewide to ban fracking and protect our natural beauty, people from older generations creating climate adaptation centers to help the younger generation who would feel the effects, a host of young people who decided to get into public service and journalism after 2016, young girls like Greta Thunberg who spoke to the UN and made worldwide news, thousands of young and old people who protested the sham health care Republican bills and helped to defeat them, women and men across the country bringing down former giants such as Epstein and Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes who would have gotten away with everything just 20 or 30 years ago, lawyers and activists across the country who challenge every bad bill and executive order Republicans try to shove down people's throats, white cops who are actually getting put to justice because black Americans never quit fighting and other white Americans/minorities joined with them, lawyers on opposite sides of Bush v Gore who helped make LGBT equality closer to reality along with *gasp* politicians who signed laws legalizing it, stopped defending DOMA and overturning Don't Ask Don't Tell, numerous voting rights groups fighting nationwide to end gerrymandering and fight Republican restrictions to voting (including Stacey Abrams who still refuses to call the Georgia governor legitimate and finds the fight for electoral balance more important than her 2020 aspirations), young kids who got off their ass to protest gun laws that have been shitty for ages and decided they had enough of waiting, people who decided to get up and vote even in small elections to make a difference in their community...

And I'm supposed to overlook how many people decided not to lay down despite having little power in 2017 and 2018? I know my ass got up for every referendum and judge reappointment, shit I always opted not to do in years past. I'm using my power as a meteorologist to talk climate change, do climate change/extreme weather stories and publicly school idiots who think they're smarter than I am on it. 

:clap: you know what I say to white friends of mine who lament how "fucked up the system is all of a sudden"?

bruce willis welcome to the party GIF by IFC