'Face/Off' Reboot in the Works at Paramount

Pikachu

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/face-reboot-works-at-paramount-1238422

Paramount is bringing back Face/Off. The high-concept action film is getting a reboot via 22 Jump Street scribe Oren Uziel, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

John Travolta and Nicolas Cage starred in the 1997 action-thriller from John Woo, which centers on two arch enemies exchanging each other's identities (and faces). The story follows FBI agent Sean Archer (Travolta), who is tracking down terrorist Castor Troy (Cage). When Troy boards a plane in Los Angeles that crashes and is severely injured, Archer undergoes surgery to remove his face and replace it with Troy's in order to go undercover as the criminal. In a twist, Troy then awakes from a coma and forces the doctor who performed the surgery give him Archer's face.

Only way this works is it's a remake where they get Woo, Cage, and Travolta back but Cage and Travolta play the opposite roles than they did in the first one, further confusing matters.

Boom, done. Money made. 

Otherwise this is a horrible idea and the first is untouchable, a perfect 90's film from a certain time and place and era. 

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Nicolas Cage is actually a really great actor who has a lot of tax/money issues that began in the mid-2000's. Anyone who has seen Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, Kick-Ass, and many more know this to be the case. 

I know. I was just poking fun at Merc because he used the batting average numeration incorrectly for what he was trying to say :P

I was about to list out a bunch of other Cage movies I love but actually I'll just say pretty much everything he did up through about 2005 was at least watchable while most of it was pretty damn good.

15 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I know. I was just poking fun at Merc because he used the batting average numeration incorrectly for what he was trying to say :P

I was about to list out a bunch of other Cage movies I love but actually I'll just say pretty much everything he did up through about 2005 was at least watchable while most of it was pretty damn good.

Lol after I posted it I realized I put the decimal point in the wrong spot but I was too lazy to fix it.