Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

I think that article has it backwards. AAA games, while nice to play on game pass, are generally games that are locks for you to buy. So even if you didn't have game pass you would probably still buy the game. The other things that come to game pass generally are things you'd want to try out, maybe not buy or buy at a lower price which is what gives game pass it's value.

All right, time for some reductive math! Let’s say that you’ve signed up for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate tier, which costs $15 a month and includes standard access to the game library plus a number of other perks. Let’s also assume any big-budget games, exclusive or not, that hit the service cost an industry-standard $60. By that math, you’d need to play two full-price games via Game Pass every four months to justify the cost.

What am I missing here? 15x4=60. Just one $60 game justifies Game Pass Ultimate for 4 months in my book. And more commonly, one $15-20 game a month still makes it worthwhile. The flashiest part of the service is when big games hit it on day one, but the lasting value is all the other shit on there for you to explore. It’s a slow time for big releases across the board, perfect time to dive back into the back catalogue and find something new to play. 

And people who bought years of it in advance did the conversion trick, right? So they bought a bunch of XBL and paid practically nothing for Game Pass. 

Dumb “based on a couple tweets” article, but it did its job- I read it and now I’m talking about it. 

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think that article has it backwards. AAA games, while nice to play on game pass, are generally games that are locks for you to buy. So even if you didn't have game pass you would probably still buy the game. The other things that come to game pass generally are things you'd want to try out, maybe not buy or buy at a lower price which is what gives game pass it's value.

• True 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Gamepass 2023 looks amazing, but man, the next couple of months are bleak. 

I keep getting free months anyway through the ms rewards system, im good for like two years, but that's a disappointing list. Too bad they hadn't gotten Cult of the Lamb or Cowabunga Collection. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Good on you if you held off on buying Fenyx Rising!

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve almost grabbed it for $15 so many times! 

I too came close to buying Fenyx Rising several time at that $15-20Cnd price tag, but I held strong. Almost bought it for my PS5 because it would be on sale more then the Xbox for some reason

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 10:20 AM, crispy4000 said:

I'm really interested in how Tinykin turns out.

REALLY FUCKING WELL. 

I just played about 2 hours of it, through the second level. It’s very good. I’m pretty surprised by it, I didn’t follow it and it’s totally my thing. It reminds me of Spongebob Bikini Bottom kinda. @Brian

• Halal 1

TW_Coming-Soon_9.6.22_8-c0039c5b9d012918
NEWS.XBOX.COM

If your dream was to find yourself playing as a super dog, restoring magic to a Disney Dreamlight Valley, or really coming to terms with how badly You Suck At Parking, have I got some games for you – and also might question what you dream about regularly. While you’re updating your ordered list of […]

You can play the Disney Animal Crossing on game pass and Metal Hellsinger too!

• 2 weeks later...

Game Pass updates from TGS:

Deathloop - 9/20

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch; Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition; Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey; and Fuga: Melodies of Steel are all playable with Xbox Game Pass. 

Ni No Kuni 2 -2023

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
TW_Coming-Soon_11.1.2022-93e6537d19fc03d
NEWS.XBOX.COM

If you have ever wanted to solve a mystery in Bavaria centuries ago, mix it up with some aliens, or manage some football clubs – you have some really eclectic hobbies, and we have some games for you. With plenty of games available today, games coming soon, and updates to some of the games you […]