Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

Played a bit of Ghost Song's recent demo, surprisingly it didn't hook me.  Got a Tian Ding demo as well from Next Fest but haven't tried it yet.

Somerville honestly looks like the standout here, even with Pentiment and Vampire Survivors.  Edit: This post aged poorly.

Lots of neat stuff leaving:

• Art of Rally (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Fae Tactics (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Next Space Rebel (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • One Step from Eden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Supraland (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Yeah. Phil said PC and streaming is where they expect the largest increases. TV's, i

Upcoming streaming boxes, PC, everyone with a decent internet connection can at least play games. 2023 looks killer for them.

I've always been  sony pony, back to psx. FF7, Metal Gear, FF9, Wild Arms, Brave Fencer Musashi, SotN. Sony holds a ton of teenage nostalgia for me. NES/SNES was my childhood, but PSX was my teens. That said, my Series X is seeing more and more use compared to my PS5. That will change for a little while with God of War and Tactics Ogre Reborn, but next year will probably mostly be an xbox year.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Brian changed the title to Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month, update: Star Wars Skywalker Saga Dec 6th!
TW_Coming-Soon_12.1.2022-e310d106018f474
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We have games available for you to play today, games “coming soon” (fake but should be real trademark here), and even something you can play now that maybe you didn’t...

Available today are Eastward and The Walking Dead Final Season. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

These are the types of games I love finding on game pass. Little indies that I didn’t know about before. I love the big AAA games as well, but I’ve discovered so many great smaller games on there, like Chained Echoes and Vampire Survivor, that I have never expected to play or even find out about, but ended up among my favourites of their year.

• 3 weeks later...
Buddy-Pass-Key-Vis-1920x1080_EN-5ad3ddde
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We know that gaming is best with friends, so today, we’re introducing the Xbox Game Pass Friend Referral offer, which lets Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass members give up to five friends a free 14-day PC Game Pass trial. Invited friends must be new to Game Pass to redeem the free trial. […]

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
WWW.GAMESINDUSTRY.BIZ

The majority of Xbox Game Pass subscribers pay full price and use the service on console. That's according to a heavily…

The majority of Xbox Game Pass subscribers pay full price and use the service on console.

That's according to a heavily redacted Microsoft slide deck, spotted by Tweaktown, which was among the latest wave of court documents to be released from the platform holder's legal battle against the Federal Trade Commission.

Towards the end of the deck, Microsoft gave an overview of its digital gaming ecosystem as of April 2022, which showed that of the 33.6 million subscriptions on its Xbox consoles, 21.9 million were for Game Pass (excluding PC), with the remaining 11.7 million being Xbox Live Gold.

Since Microsoft has announced Game Pass had a total of 25 million subscribers just a few months before, more than 20% of the service's users were on console.

The company also declared that Game Pass Net Rev/Sub (net revenue per subscription) was $9.26 – just shy of the $9.99 price tag, suggesting most subscribers pay full price. This has grown 14% over the previous quarter and 12% over the previous year.

By comparison, Microsoft was receiving $6.10 for each Xbox Live Gold subscription.

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I downloaded Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

@skillzdadirecta how is that?

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

it's ok... a little slow. I only played a couple of matches as a victim. Didn;t do killers. There's really no action. All about hiding and solving puzzles.

From what I've gathered, that game probably isn't long for this world.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There are only so many live service multiplayer games a person can stick with at a time. These are destined to drop off at some point if they even get off the ground at all.

Didn’t help that it was a EGS exclusive at launch. 

• True 1