Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Austria Ascending’s reviews are not very good unfortunately 

HE3gy9XlVPmfjeLWetvbcrRyouBalA2hXtigqUSV
OPENCRITIC.COM

Astria Ascending is rated 'Fair' after being reviewed by 19 critics, with an overall average score of 67. It's ranked in the bottom 34% of games and recommended by 50% of critics.

Oh bummer. I just saw it as I was setting to download Scarlett Nexus and remembered seeing it before and that it looked interesting. Oh well. I might give it a shot at some point since I already downloaded it. 

8 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Scarlet Nexus, AI Somnium Files (releases today) and Mighty Goose (releases today) coming to Game Pass. #BestDealinGaming

lol they sneak fucking Scarlet Nexus and AI on the same day Avengers comes out. They are really out of control.

Also everyone play AI! It’s really great, by the creator of 999/zero escape series.

Haven’t gotten to combat or anything yet but I gotta say the level of detail and density of the Avengers amusement park type place is fantastic. Lots of interactivity too. They nailed that kinda design with the shops leading into other areas and all that.

I’d kill a terrible man for Disneyworld Adventures with this kind of density and scale to it. And to let you just ride the rides molddled in 3D. Especially do the shops like they do here.

Edit: yooo why didn’t anyone tell me that this game looks incredible on pc! I’m playing as hulk and i’m like damnnnnnn.

Okay actually this seems really good? So the whole game is a single player story based Avengers game and then it has a post game of live service coop type stuff? Seems like a good deal actually.

I forgot this is the tomb raider team, and replace guns with fists and it really does feel like a Tomb Raider game, and I mean that as a compliment. Like the wild set pieces, the way platforming feels, the shitty stealth. Well the last part isn’t a good thing but so far this is a loud wild ride and that’s the part of modern tomb raider I like.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Okay actually this seems really good? So the whole game is a single player story based Avengers game and then it has a post game of live service coop type stuff? Seems like a good deal actually.

I forgot this is the tomb raider team, and replace guns with fists and it really does feel like a Tomb Raider game, and I mean that as a compliment. Like the wild set pieces, the way platforming feels, the shitty stealth. Well the last part isn’t a good thing but so far this is a loud wild ride and that’s the part of modern tomb raider I like.

Ya the core campaign is really well done.  It's the Live Service stuff afterwards that is really poorly done.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

BEEN SAYING THIS FOR OVER A YEAR. The actual game itself is good. It's the looter post game that was poorly thought out. And as I also said, each indidual Avenger not only plays differently, they each could easily star in thier own games with their move sets and powers. ALL of them are awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How much of it did you play? As you level Hulk up he gets REAL fun. Smashing everything and one shotting bosses... like this

Have you played the Black Panther dlc yet? Is it just a couple hours or is it the size of small game?

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How much of it did you play? As you level Hulk up he gets REAL fun. Smashing everything and one shotting bosses... like this

I don’t remember. It was enough time for me to dislike weak hulk and the core gameplay loop. I will DL the game and give it another shot. Any character considered the most fun to use?

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I don’t remember. It was enough time for me to dislike weak hulk and the core gameplay loop. I will DL the game and give it another shot. Any character considered the most fun to use?

Hulk and Iron Man are fan favs but you have to build them with the right abilities and gear. A lot of people like Thor too. There's plenty of guides on how to build the different characters.  

In the single player campaign you'll be switching between all of the characters,  you don't "main" a character until the post game.

All of the characters are fun in opinion. I've maxed all of them except for Ms Marvel and Black Panther so I'm a little obsessed with game and may not be the most impartial lol

• Haha 1

Def check out Avengers if you haven’t and give it a shot ya. On pc at least it’s quite astonishing looking, and if you have intel then you get some rad destruction physics too. The consistent level of detail and high quality assets is impressive. 

They are very clearly capable of making a great Avengers game, and still made a very good one it seems. I’d love them to get another chance maybe just via a huge dlc expansion that really just focuses on the single player campaign because they excel when it’s just doing that and not shoving stuff to collect down my throat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...