Andrew Luck has retired

RedSoxFan9

On 8/24/2019 at 10:22 PM, eggydoo said:

I’m not sure why people are expecting Colts fans to react in any other way. Finding out your franchise QB is retiring during the 3rd quarter of preseason game isn’t ideal for a well thought out response.  Plus this is the second in three years Colts season ticket holders have believed Luck would be the starting QB only for him to not play the season. 

The man made nearly $100M playing football and doesn't want to destroy his body (any more than he already has) for more money. That seems like a very reasonable decision to me. Dude can now do whatever he wants football related forever, or he can put that architecture degree to work and get paid to be a consultant when the next city decides to mortgage it's future to build a stadium. It's almost surprising this doesn't happen more often.

5 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’m not sure why people are expecting Colts fans to react in any other way. Finding out your franchise QB is retiring during the 3rd quarter of preseason game isn’t ideal for a well thought out response.  Plus this is the second in three years Colts season ticket holders have believed Luck would be the starting QB only for him to not play the season. 

Agreed. I've never understood why anyone would expect a rational reaction to anything from a group of drunk fanatics.

10 hours ago, TwinIon said:

It's almost surprising this doesn't happen more often.

Other than the desire for playing football for 15 years this is probably the way to go. Play for 4 years, have a lot of money and then do what you want.

Of course the NFL doesn't want players to think this way. :p

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Other than the desire for playing football for 15 years this is probably the way to go. Play for 4 years, have a lot of money and then do what you want.

Of course the NFL doesn't want players to think this way. :p

Also, not many players are in the position Luck is in. Very few make $100M in 5 years, very few would have his same prospects outside of football.