The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

Trump chimed in on his favorite show:

Calling the footage "disturbing" and saying that his "heart goes out to the parents and the family and the friends," Trump nevertheless gave the accused murderers some wiggle room, claiming "there could be something that we didn’t see on tape. If you saw things went off tape and then back on tape."

Of course he gave them wiggle room.

This is the guy who filmed the video... he was actually with the other two guys and might not just be a witness but a suspect.

The lawyer who leaked the video is a friend of the suspects and thought the video would actually clear them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8302641/Attorney-leaked-Ahmaud-Arbery-lynching-video-thought-CLEAR-friends.html

Attorney Alan Tucker told Inside Edition Friday that he was responsible for releasing the footage, which showed his pals Gregory and Travis McMichael engaged in a fatal altercation with Arbery in Brunswick on February 23. 'I really thought releasing the video would put the truth out to the public,' Tucker stated. 'If he [Arbery] had just froze and hadn't done anything, then he wouldn't have been shot.' 

This shooting is part of an ongoing pattern of corruption and cover-ups in this part of Georgia.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/ahmaud-arbery-murder-raises-long-standing-issues-with-glynn-county-das-handling-cases/CZNCBJJY35HDLOFQGQYYNACCG4/ 

• Guillotine 1

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is the guy who filmed the video... he was actually with the other two guys and might not just be a witness but a suspect.

Yeah, that came out a few days ago. What a bunch of morons.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Actually the request is for the feds to investigate the two prosecutors who didn't bring charges previously not for the Feds to take over the case.

A press release from the Office of the Attorney General says that the request for the investigation includes but is not limited to the communications and discussions by and between the Office of the District Attorney of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit and the Office of the District Attorney of the Waycross Judicial Circuit related to this case. Both of these District Attorney’s recused themselves from the case for different reasons, citing prior professional relationships with Gregory McMichael.

I mean the story you linked to isn't that long and CLEARLY states what the request is.

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Actually the request is for the feds to investigate the two prosecutors who didn't bring charges previously not for the Feds to take over the case.

He's asking Barr's Justice Department to look at this. What do do you think he's hoping will happen? 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's asking Barr's Justice Department to look at this. What do do you think he's hoping will happen? 

He asked Barr's justice department to look at the handling of the case prior to charges being brought this week...not the actual case. It's a separate thing bro. I mean even Arbery's FAMILY is happy about this...

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/10/853581211/georgia-attorney-general-asks-for-doj-probe-into-handling-of-ahmaud-arbery-case

In a statement, attorneys for Arbery's mother and father praised the attorney general's request for a Justice Department investigation.

"We are pleased that Georgia AG Chris Carr has officially asked the Dept. of Justice to investigate the handling, and potential cover-up, of Ahmaud Arbery's murder," wrote S. Lee Merritt, Benjamin Crump and L. Chris Stewart. " ... There are far too many questions about how this case was handled and why it took 74 days for two of the killers to be arrested and charged in Mr. Arbery's death."

Now what Barr's justice department does with this will have little to no bearing on the actual shooting case... which is NOT what the Georgia A.G. is asking the Justice Department to investigate.

There is an AWESOME interview on Cuomo right now with Cuomo and the guy who shot the video and his lawyer. As soon as they make the video available I will link but the lawyer is saying that this guy is NOT connected with the shooters and wasn't there with them to confront Arbery. This lawyer is the very stereotype of the "Southern Lawyer" :lol:

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There is an AWESOME interview on Cuomo right now with Cuomo and the guy who shot the video and his lawyer. As soon as they make the video available I will link but the lawyer is saying that this guy is NOT connected with the shooters and wasn't there with them to confront Arbery. This lawyer is the very stereotype of the "Southern Lawyer" :lol:

Does he sound like Foghorn Leghorn?

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Is this your Jeff Sessions impersonation?

No, I think the guys doing the lynching were the ones doing a Jefferson Beauregaurd Sessions III impression.

6 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

NRA response:

noooo.png

I guess DeMarcus Cousins got bored with the NBA being closed.

Seriously, big guy looks like Boogie in a beret.

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Even as a milquetoast white man, I would feel FAR more comfortable with armed Black Panthers in my neighborhood than a bunch of fucking 2A dweebs.

I can all but 100% guarantee that the Black Panthers have VASTLY greater trigger discipline than any of those Y'all Qaeda yokels.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Does he sound like Foghorn Leghorn?

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

"Now ah'm jus' a simple country atturney who ain't none too wise to your slick n' fancy ways of doin' lawhyerin' in this here in the Big City."

Ya'll are joking buuuuut...

The title of the youtube video is "How Not To Lawyer" :lol:

"My client is a mechanic with a high school education and if you ever been to the high schools around here, that ain't saying much!" :lol::lol::lol: That's the guy's LAWYER.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The part where he basically calls his client a dumbass killed me :lol:

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

The part where he basically calls his client a dumbass killed me :lol:

The President walked out of another Press Conference today . He also was unable to back up the hysteria he is creating by retweeting conspiracy theory accounts. All of this is happening in the middle of a global pandemic, but it's this video clip that really makes me feel like we're beyond fucked as a society.  This type of buffoonery should have never made it on air. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

To be fair, that was over 50  years ago, before the NRA became overtly political.  I believe there was essentially a coup of the org's leadership in the late 70s or early 80s that transformed it into what it is today.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"My client is a mechanic with a high school education and if you ever been to the high schools around here, that ain't saying much!" :lol::lol::lol: That's the guy's LAWYER.

• Haha 3

So it appears as though Arbery was indeed seen walking around inside a vacant construction site in the moments leading up to the 911 call, not just out for a jog and randomly assailed as the original narrative suggested. But the home owner for the construction site has said the video does not show Arbery stealing or attempting to steal anything, so it would likely be no worse than a misdemeanor trespassing charge if any crime had been reported.

But how many people go into homes under construction just to look around? No justification to stop him and even less to do so while armed. And the odds that anybody would have even noticed if a white guy had been doing exactly the same thing is zero.