The Outer Worlds - Information Thread, update - "Spacer's Choice Edition" announced for $60 ($10 if you already own base game + both DLC expansions)

23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm definitely still getting it despite the somewhat average reviews since it's a fun, if somewhat sedate, game. I'm just waiting until both DLC packs are released before diving back in (like I did with Control, which I'm almost done AWE after finishing Foundation recently). 

You save $2.50 on the expansion pass or DLC if you have game pass! :o

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You save $2.50 on the expansion pass or DLC if you have game pass! :o

Oh, it isn't price - I don't want to have to re-learn the story and controls twice. So I usually wait until all the DLC is out and then do it in one go, heh. I wouldn't have played the base games of either Control or The Outer Worlds had I known story DLC was incoming but they didn't announce DLC until after awhile each game's release. :p 

33 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh, it isn't price - I don't want to have to re-learn the story and controls twice. So I usually wait until all the DLC is out and then do it in one go, heh. I wouldn't have played the base games of either Control or The Outer Worlds had I known story DLC was incoming but they didn't announce DLC until after awhile each game's release. :p 

I'm not saying it's the price. I'm just informing you of a remarkable discount you will receive when you purchase!

Story and controls twice? There's nothing to learn and I'm pretty sure this is a self contained thing. Hell I'm not even sure how to access it :|

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm not saying it's the price. I'm just informing you of a remarkable discount you will receive when you purchase!

Story and controls twice? There's nothing to learn and I'm pretty sure this is a self contained thing. Hell I'm not even sure how to access it :|

Ah I appreciate the heads up then! And yeah, twice because I'll have to dive back into this world more generally yet again in the next DLC. May as well do it all in one go later. 

• 4 weeks later...

THE OUTER WORLDS PATCH 1.4.1 RELEASE NOTES

Changes/fixes that are included in this patch are as follows:

General:

• Fixed some spots on Gorgon where players could become permanently stuck
  • Improved lipsync animations throughout Peril on Gorgon
  • Removed a transition on Scylla that loaded an invalid area
  • Fixed a spot in the Olympus Orbital Pharmaceutical Station where players could become stuck
  • Fixed an issue where the Employee Benefits Science weapon could be used to resurrect dead companions on SuperNova difficulty

Audio:

• Fixed an issue where audio logs could play while on the Pause menu
  • Fixed an issue where the first line of some dialog sequences wouldn't have audio
  • Improved audio performance to reduce instances of audio dropping out

Design:

• Adjusted spawn conditions on some Gorgon marauder encounters
  • Fixed an issue where ADA could give out-of-date information about how to get to Stellar Bay
  • Fixed an issue where Gorgon canid variants would become stuck in behavior loops
  • Fixed an issue where the Special Delivery Science weapon could sometimes not drop properly
  • Improved loot drops from Gorgon canid variants
  • Fixed an issue where players could see incorrect Peril on Gorgon end slides upon completing the game

Quests:

• Updated "Makes Space Suits, Won't Travel" to allow for Gorgon marauder armors
  • Fixed an issue where quest beacons wouldn't update properly under some circumstances when investigating leads in the Sprat Shack
  • Fixed a duplicate quest beacon during the quest "Kept Secret But Not Forgotten"
  • Fixed an issue where a quest item for "The Ambrose Intersection" could become permanently stuck in the player's inventory

UI:

• Fixed an issue where invalid text would appear in Skill descriptions
  • Improved text wrapping on Save/Load screen for certain text sizes and aspect ratios
  • Fixed the "Nietzsche's Reward" Perk not being properly reflected in weapons' damage stats on the Inspect screen
  • Fixed an issue where Max's Trickshot ability's description erroneously included the "Stun" effect
  • Improved text wrapping on weapon Inspect screens
  • Added information to the main menu to reflect when Peril on Gorgon is installed
  • Added an indicator for Improvised weapons on the Inventory screen
  • Adjusted text color for damage text for Cold Damage
  • Fixed inconsistent coloring of adjusted skill values on the Skills screen under certain circumstances
  • Fixed some audio log UI issues when stopping or restarting the logs at specific points

It's a 33 gig update so I thought there would be more to it. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

the-outer-worlds-murder-on-eridanos-dlc-
WWW.VG247.COM

It’s hard to think of a better setting for space-age sleuthing than The Outer Worlds.And in this second and final story DLC, Murder on Eridanos, the crew of the Unreliable is once again called upon to accidentally fill the boots of the renowned captain, Alex Hawthorne.Drafted in by the Rizzo’s corporation to investigate the untimely […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Outer Worlds - Information Thread, update - "Murder on Eridanos" Opening Cinematic Trailer (17 March 2021 release)
16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's interesting because I started playing the DLC of this a couple days ago. It reminded me that this second bit of DLC was supposed to come out so I looked and it said "some time in 2021" and then they announce it's coming out in 2 days!

I'm finding myself more and more waiting until all of the DLC comes out before I play games like this. For instance I haven't played AC: Valhalla or Cyberpunk yet, even though I want to, because my time is precious (not really) and I don't want to play the whole thing over gain when new DLC comes out.

21 hours ago, ARZ said:

I played the hell out of this game, made it to the last world and never touched it again. I enjoyed it, no idea why I stopped....maybe I didn't want it to end? LOL

You did yourself a favor because to play the DLC you have to be before the point of no return. (Well have a save point before that point anyway)

Also, you need to be somewhat leveled to play the DLC because they'll actually kill you, something I feel like the rest of the game wasn't much of a worry. :p

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Reinstalled it! I think I'll play a set character this time...either a sassy gunslinger space cowboy, or a charming big game hunter.

If you want to go an interesting build (I haven't tried this but I did read about it) but dump a bunch of your points into leadership. I guess it makes your teammates OP and you really don't have to engage in combat too much. :p

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you want to go an interesting build (I haven't tried this but I did read about it) but dump a bunch of your points into leadership. I guess it makes your teammates OP and you really don't have to engage in combat too much. :p

Yeah I did try that on my first playthrough (lets you have two companions at once, and they are more powerful). It was fun since I was a sniper build...but even though stealth sniper is always easiest in these games, I always get bored. Have to force myself to get up close! lol

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah I did try that on my first playthrough (lets you have two companions at once, and they are more powerful). It was fun since I was a sniper build...but even though stealth sniper is always easiest in these games, I always get bored. Have to force myself to get up close! lol

I mean that's not a perk that's just how the game is, you'll always have two companions unless you tell them to f-off.

I didn't do any particular build, I have like an OP pistol and some other stuff but anything getting up close is not very satisfying so I like the idea of having companions take everyone else out. (I mean I've gotten up close using a tossball blocker and knocking people around but it's not like super exciting is what I mean)

In any case hope you have fun!

Game Information

Game Title: The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos

Platforms:

• PC (Mar 17, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (Mar 17, 2021)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Mar 17, 2021)
  • Xbox One (Mar 17, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (Mar 17, 2021)

Developer: Obsidian Entertainment

Publisher: Private Division

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 78 average - 56% recommended

Critic Reviews

GameSpew - 9 / 10

Ultimately, Murder on Eridanos serves as a magnificent send-off to The Outer Worlds. It’ll keep you hooked from beginning to end; it’s a shining example of how to do downloadable content and has me eagerly awaiting the Fallout: New Vegas sequel that only exists in my head.

Noisy Pixel - 9 / 10

The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos has everything that fans loved with a little extra to make it the proper send-off for this title. The whodunit direction was a smart way to focus on the amazing writing this game offers while causing the player to break down the possible suspects and solve this mystery. This expansion is Obsidian at their best and compliments this entire experience so well. It’s just sad that there won’t be more.

Game Revolution - 8.5 / 10

Aside from annoying mega canids that can loop their stun-lock attacks and a handful of interesting weapons, Murder on Eridanos doesn’t add many new gameplay features to its arsenal. It’s mainly just more Outer Worlds, but that’s not a problem when the quality is this high. Interviewing witnesses and potential suspects is a chance for players to more actively engage with its branching dialogue systems and focus on Obsidian’s knack for writing bizarre, loveable, and hilarious characters that appropriately skewer corporate capitalism. It hones in on The Outer Worlds’ strengths and is an excellent way to send off one of the best RPGs in years.

TechRaptor - 8.5 / 10

Say farewell to The Outer Worlds with its final DLC, offering an adventure full of witty dialogue and the best location the game has to offer.

Gamersky - Chinese - 7.5 / 10

Murder on Eridanos continues the high quality of The Outer Worlds,the dark humor carried over from the Fallout series remains a unique experience. The outstanding scene design and compelling story line both make this last DLC excellent.  It can be said that "World beyond the Sky" has come to a satisfying and evocative end.

IGN Italy - Italian - 7.4 / 10

An interesting but flawed DLC that can provide some new fun adventures in Obsidian's sci-fi RPG.

IGN - 7 / 10

The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos isn't a grand finale for Obsidian's RPG, but it gives us an intriguing whodunnit in a new location and a reason to return for another adventure with the crew of the Unreliable.

Wccftech - 7 / 10

Murder on Eridanos provides an intriguing story to follow thanks to its murder investigation premise, even though the DLC otherwise maintains all of the pros and cons of The Outer Worlds and its previous DLC, Peril on Gorgon.

Kakuchopurei - 60 / 100

[T]he latest Outer Worlds DLC is worth the 6 hours just for its premise, its colourful location, and the payoff for both sides of the story.

• Thanks 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Outer Worlds - Information Thread, update - "Murder on Eridanos" DLC reviews from OpenCritic posted
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Outer Worlds - Information Thread, update - "Spacer's Choice Edition" announced for $60 ($10 if you already own base game + both DLC expansions)

I ended up playing both DLC's together last year after beating the main game a few years ago and the DLC's actually made me like the game more when I thought the base game was just pretty solid but nothing more. If they try to do more with the gameplay loop and make more interesting worlds to explore like they did in the DLC's I'm in for more with Outer Worlds 2.

I have the game and its two expansions, I only played it briefly a while ago and quite enjoyed what I played of it. I plan on playing it again, and finishing it and it’s expansions sometime this year.

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

It was one of the worst games I’ve ever played

You hate sci-fi, don’t you? :lol:

3 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I have the game and its two expansions, I only played it briefly a while ago and quite enjoyed what I played of it. I plan on playing it again, and finishing it and it’s expansions sometime this year.

You hate sci-fi, don’t you? :lol:

I love sci-fi.  Outer Worlds was shitty sci-fi.