~*Official Prime Minister Liz Truss Thread of Anglo-Saxon Embarrassment*~

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

These guys seem bright

Maybe they can implement a "ehhh surprise me?" feature when you don't know what to watch on Netflix, except do it for healthcare. Give me a random treatment. 

• 2 weeks later...

The stories hd e list Wakefield (held since 2019) and Tiverton & Honiton (held since 1997).

I look forward to the next PMQs to see how this plays out.

Also, for those interested in a ‘working class’ guy showing how to overthrow capitalism, you’ll enjoy the work Mic Lynch is doing in the rail strikes.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that can stop this now is if Boris manages to get a taxi to Buckingham and ask for a dissolution of Parliament (general election) prior to his party ousting him. If he can do that, then they can't really remove him as leader and he leads them into an election. The two outcomes are that his party loses (best outcome), or they win (his own best outcome). Because how could they remove him afterward if he receives a new mandate from the public? Obviously they still could replace him.

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

If he refuses to leave, that means the Exchequer has to place the sword in the stone and all of the knights of the garter try to pull it out while the Royal Mace Polisher watches, right?

I think they all get into a circle and jerk the guy behind them, and the last one to cum becomes Prime Minister.

Basically, the Conservative Party constitution doesn't allow another vote of confidence in Johnson so close to the last, so they can't remove him. If they can convince the Queen that he has lost confidence, she can offer another person the chance to govern (though who would that be, and how would they be selected?). BUT, knowing Johnson's luck and the universe we live in, there's a good chance the Queen will just die and then nothing can happen.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I love it. Let's do another general election and give SNP the mandate for Scottish independence (and hopefully Labour/SNP majority).

BoJo has an absolute hard-on for Ancient Greece, so I'm not surprised at all that he fancies himself as Leonidas at Thermopylae.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I love it. Let's do another general election and give SNP the mandate for Scottish independence (and hopefully Labour/SNP majority).

It would be funny to see a Labour [sic] government only for the rug to be pulled from it by Scottish independence 

Oh I forgot my favourite scenario:

• Boris refuses to resign
  • Conservatives choose new caretaker leader, go to Queen, she fires Boris
  • Conservatives hold leadership race to pick the new permanent Prime Minister...and Boris runs again and wins

That's exactly the sort of batshit thing that the UK could have happen.

An unnamed MP close to Boris Johnson tonight described some of his critics as “treacherous”.

The situation - with some of his cabinet ministers urging him to quit - echoes that which faced Margaret Thatcher in 1990. When several senior ministers told her then her time was up, she did resign.