Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Information Thread (Launching 10/04/19)

Pikachu

I respect the fact that the gaming industry is working closer together to not waste assets.... Bungie giving Ubisoft leftover Destiny characters to use in their game is a good thing...

So.. they specifically said they listened to the community... hence bloused boots.

-Everyone in the community hates the drone flood in P v P so what do they do? they drone flood the SP lol..

-They confirmed no AI teammates for SP (synch shot mechanic is done through drones now)..... so whats the point of vehicles with turrets in SP?

-they went from improve the squad AI to Remove...

For those of you who enjoyed it and look forward to it good....

all I can say is that the Wildlands premiere had me hyped up for the game and what it could potentially be.... this one is quite the opposite, some of the new mechanics would have been great in Wildlands ...

I will take the wait and see approach but this at the moment looks like the Socom 4 of GR..

I’m not sure how I felt about that. The “gameplay” video looks like the characters had magic bullets half the time, managing to kill guys while their aim is off. 

Any who, I kind of liked having the AI team mates in Wild Lands. I liked setting up for a breach with them at one entrance, me at another. Or syncing shots so they snipe some dudes as soon as I grab a target for interrogation. Not having them in this one I kind of feel like I might be missing something. 

I’m not sure if they’re trying to make single player feel like PVP by having other Ghosts as our enemy. Fighting other ghosts that also also look to be better equipped than  me will feel annoying too. 

Im guessing the "other" Ghosts if any will likely fill the roles of the buchones from the previous games...

the cinematic setting the scene vs the gameplay video are complete opposites of one another...

My biggest problem with this idea is that Ubisoft is still emphasizing the coop aspect of the game with the four-man Ghost team on the box cover and the gameplay reveal involving said team raiding a drone lab. The entire narrative is based on the premise that Nomad has lost his greatest weapon (the team), but everything else Ubisoft has shown serves to reinforce the usual GR concept of working as a team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this as bad as the alarmists on the internet are saying? Buggy? Boring? Etc?

You can omit the MTX element, because i never buy any of that shit anyway.

I thought the demo was okay, but I cant really judge from my enjoyment of that because i always have a hard time getting into betas when i know i'll have to do everything over again. I just don't know if the gameplay loop will hold up.

Brandon Tyrell's review in progress basically outlined his rinse-and-repeat loop and it seems pretty Ubisoft.

The thing that makes me curious is that ALL Ubi's games have that loop, and games that were critically praised like AC Odyssey STILL only break down into that one simple loop.

If anything I can see Breakpoint being Odyssey but without some of the personality and Kassandra's upskirts.

I dont know where i'm going with this. 

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Is this as bad as the alarmists on the internet are saying? Buggy? Boring? Etc?

You can omit the MTX element, because i never buy any of that shit anyway.

I thought the demo was okay, but I cant really judge from my enjoyment of that because i always have a hard time getting into betas when i know i'll have to do everything over again. I just don't know if the gameplay loop will hold up.

Brandon Tyrell's review in progress basically outlined his rinse-and-repeat loop and it seems pretty Ubisoft.

The thing that makes me curious is that ALL Ubi's games have that loop, and games that were critically praised like AC Odyssey STILL only break down into that one simple loop.

If anything I can see Breakpoint being Odyssey but without some of the personality and Kassandra's upskirts.

I dont know where i'm going with this. 

I'm kinda in the same boat... I liked Wildlands even though it's still a gross bastardization of the Ghost Recon IP. That said, I can't get myself excited about this at all (or the Ubi Loop) right now. I guess I'll just kinda need to be in the mood for it and see it on sale at some point in the future.

It's not that I dislike the games at all, it's just that I feel like I've been there/done that too many times at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing it on XBX and its fine. Its not great, but its... fine. 

I personally havent encountered all the bugs and glitches others have so i cant comment on those. I've put about 30 hours into it.

I'm not gonna say that other peoples' opinions dont have merit, but the "gameplay loop" that everyone is trashing is exactly the same loop the Ubi uses in other games that have gotten universal praise.

14 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I've been playing it on XBX and its fine. Its not great, but its... fine. 

I personally havent encountered all the bugs and glitches others have so i cant comment on those. I've put about 30 hours into it.

I'm not gonna say that other peoples' opinions dont have merit, but the "gameplay loop" that everyone is trashing is exactly the same loop the Ubi uses in other games that have gotten universal praise.

Is it like the Division? Which would you say is better?

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Is it like the Division? Which would you say is better?

It depends. I played through the entire campaign in The Division 2 and enjoyed it quite a bit but it became very grindy. Ghost Recon has a gear score, but being able to pull off a headshot negates the need for it. I personally like the fact that i can sneak up on a group of three, pop off three quick rounds, and move on. I dont need every bad guy to be a bullet sponge.

People take off points for the "unnecessary" gear score but i actually like that i'm not limited by it.

That said, Div 2's narrative is a lot tighter and more scripted. GR's is more open and unpredictable (i.e. "bland").

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It depends. I played through the entire campaign in The Division 2 and enjoyed it quite a bit but it became very grindy. Ghost Recon has a gear score, but being able to pull off a headshot negates the need for it. I personally like the fact that i can sneak up on a group of three, pop off three quick rounds, and move on. I dont need every bad guy to be a bullet sponge.

People take off points for the "unnecessary" gear score but i actually like that i'm not limited by it.

That said, Div 2's narrative is a lot tighter and more scripted. GR's is more open and unpredictable (i.e. "bland").

How does it compare to Wildlands? I like the idea of an open world ghost game, but the gameplay loop got bland after awhile for a game so big. I plan on getting Breakpoint, but not for awhile.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How does it compare to Wildlands? I like the idea of an open world ghost game, but the gameplay loop got bland after awhile for a game so big. I plan on getting Breakpoint, but not for awhile.

If the gameplay loop got old for you, i say wait it out to see how the game evolves. Right now its a very simple gameplay loop; it just happens to be one that i personally enjoy.

Wildlands was definitely more densely populated, for better and worse. They got rid of the GTA-like "infamy" meter, so there's no endlessly spawning choppers, guys driving up in jeeps, etc. Its more similar to AC Odyssey where there is a guy that has a radio that can call for backup. Take out that guy first and if the shit hits the fan you're still limited to dealing with the current bad guys. Even if he does get the call off, you'll have a chopper or jeep show up with some additional guys, but its not endless like in Wildlands. I prefer Breakpoint's setup in that regard.

So I streamed a bit of my play session earlier today and I thought I'd link it in here to give you guys a better idea of the gameplay. For whatever reason, it's not loading for me right now but if it doesn't pop up soon i'll download it and post it to youtube or something.

The beginning of the video shows a pretty good infiltration and clearing of an area. It'll give a good indication of the overall gameplay. The rest of the video is me arguing with my cat and completely botching/completing a mission objective.

Removed. Of course the ONE video I'm trying to share doesn't work :/

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Aren’t personal preferences great?

The difference that that you called called it shit while praising a game of a lesser quality. There are plenty of quality things I dislike, but I don't call it shit. Like, you can prefer McDonald's over Five Guys, but that doesn't make Five Guys shit. 

On 10/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, Biggie said:

My god this looks fucking awful 

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The difference that that you called called it shit while praising a game of a lesser quality. There are plenty of quality things I dislike, but I don't call it shit. Like, you can prefer McDonald's over Five Guys, but that doesn't make Five Guys shit. 

I didn’t say or call it shit. I said it looked awful. Learn to comprehend and read. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Again learn to read and comprehend 

I mean, I really don't get what I am supposed to be butthurt about here. That is why what you said doesn't make sense. What did you say that was meant to induce any butthurting?