Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Information Thread (Launching 10/04/19)

Pikachu

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I definitely agree with you about the instant agro in cars....which is why I never drive anywhere, lol. 

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

It's really any time a bad guy sees you... vehicle or not. Supposedly they don't know you exist (at least to the point of the game I'm in) yet they instantly recognize you. They just start shooting.

• 4 weeks later...

I have over a hundred hours into the game... I've kinda ran out of things to do. I finally stopped playing over frustration with Ubi not providing the updates they were promising. The game is just now getting the update that was promised in mid-December and it's not even the major revamp they were talking about.

I'll come back for the Terminator event because there will actually be something else to do now, at least until they re-work the game.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I didn't even get killed by the Terminator.. it was the seemingly endless stream of other guys that kept showing up every time i try to take one out. Seriously, WTF.

I killed him, but had to burn through all my med kits. The next mission I tried I had to face off against two of them at once while trying to steal a truck. I was running all over the base, shooting all the random enemies as I tried to duck for cover to heal up. I barely made it out of that one alive and by the time I'd killed both the terminators, the truck which I took cover behind frequently was barely drivable, lol. 

Helpful hint: You don't need to use the futuristic DMR to do damage to the terminators. You just need it to finish them off.

Get yourself a good LMG that you've upgraded, switch over to your assault class and equip whatever perks tickle your fancy, and hose the shit out of them. Switch over to the DMR once their "core" is exposed and the health meter changes. Then finish them off.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Helpful hint: You don't need to use the futuristic DMR to do damage to the terminators. You just need it to finish them off.

Get yourself a good LMG that you've upgraded, switch over to your assault class and equip whatever perks tickle your fancy, and hose the shit out of them. Switch over to the DMR once their "core" is exposed and the health meter changes. Then finish them off.

I knock their health down with the rocket launcher 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So both breakpoint and wildlands are ~$10 on the Epic store right now.

Are either worth picking up for someone that skipped them both? I see Wildlands has much better reviews, but I'm also wondering if time has made either better. I'd be playing solo, if that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Are either worth picking up for someone that skipped them both? I see Wildlands has much better reviews, but I'm also wondering if time has made either better. I'd be playing solo, if that makes a difference.

Wildlands is definitely worth it. It was a great game that got better after launch. There are some annoying things about it, like infinitely respawning attack choppers if you reach infamy level 5, but there's no consequence for dying so just let them kill you and it all goes away lol.

Breakpoint isn't as good, but it has its moments. I put over 100 hours into each. The problem with Breakpoint was that it was in pretty rough shape when it launched and it was obvious they changed direction mid-development as there were things in the game that had no purpose. They spent all their post-launch energy on un-breaking the game that they didn't really get to improve it. I think they've now just quietly swept it under the rug.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Wildlands is definitely worth it. It was a great game that got better after launch. There are some annoying things about it, like infinitely respawning attack choppers if you reach infamy level 5, but there's no consequence for dying so just let them kill you and it all goes away lol.

Breakpoint isn't as good, but it has its moments. I put over 100 hours into each. The problem with Breakpoint was that it was in pretty rough shape when it launched and it was obvious they changed direction mid-development as there were things in the game that had no purpose. They spent all their post-launch energy on un-breaking the game that they didn't really get to improve it. I think they've now just quietly swept it under the rug.

How about the DLC? Seems like there is a lot of it.

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

How about the DLC? Seems like there is a lot of it.

Wildlands had some pretty good post-launch support. Fallen Ghosts was kind of a preview of what they were trying to do with Breakpoint. It was all single-player stuff.

Breakpoint hasn't had any notable post-launch DLC. Don't bother with the season pass as the game practically dead. The raid was a free update but everything else was lootbox type shit that you could easily do without. As of right now I don't even know if they've updated with the A.I. teammates they promised.

If you're looking to get one or the other, go with Wildlands. It was just a better game overall. You can easily get ten bucks worth of enjoyment out of it.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:55 AM, TwinIon said:

Both are easily worth $10 each. Wildlands is one of my favorite games this gen, it offers a realistically detailed, massive and varied open world Bolivia packed with stuff to do. The story is somewhat thin, but it's a gameplay focused sandbox game similar to the Mercenaries games and is a complete blast to pick up and play. Breakpoint is similar in a lot of ways, but takes place on a fictional island, has sci-fi elements and is more story focused.

I like Wildlands a little more than Breakpoint because it's the better pick up and play and have a good time game, but Breakpoint is a good time as well offering more of a lone wolf action adventure feel to it. If you like third person military action shooters then you can't go wrong with either IMO.

• 1 month later...

I want to get back into this game, but the fact that they had to delay all of this shit for so long, on top of the fact that the "free" season content ran out with literally no incentive to pay money for the premium season pass, I just ran out of things to do. 

Maybe this live event will get me back into it for a few hours, especially if the A.I. teammates are at least as competent as they were in Wildlands.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is this game worth buying cheap? Also can you customize your player character are are you stuck with generic MMA bro?

Character is totally customizable.  And with them adding AI teammates in, the game should be a lot better starting a new game.

It had some rough spots, but I didn't mind Breakpoint at all and I'm glad that they're continued to add to it and fix the shit that people didn't like.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is this game worth buying cheap? Also can you customize your player character are are you stuck with generic MMA bro?

It's definitely worth picking up cheap especially with all of the improvements that have been made to it since it was released. You can choose your character's gender, and customize their look. But I would suggest playing Wildlands first if you haven't as it's the better game IMO. Also, Breakpoint is the sequel to it.

34 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

It's definitely worth picking up cheap especially with all of the improvements that have been made to it since it was released. You can choose your character's gender, and customize their look. But I would suggest playing Wildlands first if you haven't as it's the better game IMO. Also, Breakpoint is the sequel to it.

I have Wildlands and have been playing it off and on since launch. Just started playing it. Again recently. Very underrated game in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

Character is totally customizable.  And with them adding AI teammates in, the game should be a lot better starting a new game.

It had some rough spots, but I didn't mind Breakpoint at all and I'm glad that they're continued to add to it and fix the shit that people didn't like.

What really throws me for a loop is that there are some genuinely interesting locations on the map that aren't utilized for anything except maybe a daily or two. The story missions play out in a relative handful of locations and honestly none of them are nearly as interesting as some of the shit that you find by exploring.

For example, the entire southwest side of the island is woefully under-utilized. I can't help but wonder if there was (more) content that ended up getting cut. You just see so little of the west side of the island unless you take it upon yourself to explore.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

What really throws me for a loop is that there are some genuinely interesting locations on the map that aren't utilized for anything except maybe a daily or two. The story missions play out in a relative handful of locations and honestly none of them are nearly as interesting as some of the shit that you find by exploring.

For example, the entire southwest side of the island is woefully under-utilized. I can't help but wonder if there was (more) content that ended up getting cut. You just see so little of the west side of the island unless you take it upon yourself to explore.

They probably took to heart the critiques that Wildlands had too MUCH shit to do and cut stuff back., Either that or they were planning on adding stuff for DLC content before the game tanked. I've picked Wildlands back up and I'm having more fun playing it the way I think it's intended to be played. Game is much more fun playing as an actual Ghost and waging guerilla warfare than going in guns blazing. I actually watched Clear and Present Danger recently and realized that it's pretty much Wildlands the movie.

I try to play the game pretty much like this now :p

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They probably took to heart the critiques that Wildlands had too MUCH shit to do and cut stuff back., Either that or they were planning on adding stuff for DLC content before the game tanked. I've picked Wildlands back up and I'm having more fun playing it the way I think it's intended to be played. Game is much more fun playing as an actual Ghost and waging guerilla warfare than going in guns blazing. I actually watched Clear and Present Danger recently and realized that it's pretty much Wildlands the movie.

I try to play the game pretty much like this now :p

This is basically what original Ghost Recon was.

Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox anyone?