Have you been cheated on? Have you cheated?

Nokra

Cheating  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been cheated on?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you ever cheated on someone?

• Yes
    • No

I'm curious what the numbers are like for this question. I recently had my first definite experience with being more or less cheated on and it pretty much sucks as much as I imagined, though maybe a little bit less. The fear of the thing was once again worse than the thing itself.

So I'm curious to know how common it is among D1Pers, in both directions. If you feel like elaborating, I'm happy to get the details to understand better. But I'm also interested in the numbers and it's all anonymous.

For this poll I'm saying yes, I was cheated on, and no, I have not cheated on anyone.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Does cheating with someone count? Like having sex with someone who's cheating while you're single?

Personally I would say no it doesn't count; to me, if you're not in a relationship you can't cheat or be cheated on. 

Sorry to hear that @Nokra it sucks. I have never cheated but I have been cheated on multiple times :( let's put it this way I never had a relationship where one didn't cheat on me. It created insecurities and honestly lots of mistrust. With that said you cannot go on with not trusting the next person you're with. Just know if someone does it's on them and you deserve better. It's also better to know than living blindly giving your best while the other person doesn't. So be glad you found out. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I've been cheated on once and I have never and never would cheat on someone I was with.

I personally don't get when people cheat. You want something else with someone else go have fun and leave me be. But cheaters not only cheat then on top of that they lie. 

26 minutes ago, Triage said:

I personally don't get when people cheat. You want something else with someone else go have fun and leave me be. But cheaters not only cheat then on top of that they lie. 

Cowardliness or a lack of respect for other's feelings. In my case I was young and emotionally cowardly and so didn't leave my mate like I should have. I regret that. It still stings 20 years later. Won't happen again. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Cowardliness or a lack of respect for other's feelings. In my case I was young and emotionally cowardly and so didn't leave my mate like I should have. I regret that. It still stings 20 years later. Won't happen again. 

Probably*

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Triage said:

Sorry to hear that @Nokra it sucks. I have never cheated but I have been cheated on multiple times :( let's put it this way I never had a relationship where one didn't cheat on me. It created insecurities and honestly lots of mistrust. With that said you cannot go on with not trusting the next person you're with. Just know if someone does it's on them and you deserve better. It's also better to know than living blindly giving your best while the other person doesn't. So be glad you found out. 

Thanks @Triage. It sucks every day a little bit less but I think I'm still a little bit in that stage where I'm questioning myself and whether there's something I did wrong that drove her to that. I can logically know that it was her decision and that it says more about her than it does about me, but it still feels a lot like a rejection. I know the trick is to get over that feeling, but that's easier said than done. :p 

I also feel a little silly for feeling this upset over it because we weren't even officially together and we hadn't even known each other very long, but still... I wanted it to work and thought that it was going well. So maybe part of the reason I'm upset is because I realized in retrospect that it was a classic case of seeing the other person through rose-colored glasses, where all of the red flags just look like flags (-Wanda Pierce from Bojack Horseman). I seem to have made a habit of this lately and it's not doing me any good. :/ 

4 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Thanks @Triage. It sucks every day a little bit less but I think I'm still a little bit in that stage where I'm questioning myself and whether there's something I did wrong that drove her to that. I can logically know that it was her decision and that it says more about her than it does about me, but it still feels a lot like a rejection. I know the trick is to get over that feeling, but that's easier said than done. :p 

I also feel a little silly for feeling this upset over it because we weren't even officially together and we hadn't even known each other very long, but still... I wanted it to work and thought that it was going well. So maybe part of the reason I'm upset is because I realized in retrospect that it was a classic case of seeing the other person through rose-colored glasses, where all of the red flags just look like flags (-Wanda Pierce from Bojack Horseman). I seem to have made a habit of this lately and it's not doing me any good.  :/ 

congratulations on the sex!

• Haha 1

@Nokra sometimes it's  hard not to think what could you have done differently at least it was hard for me each time when I was young.  It was either because it was a new relationship and that person wasn't sure what they wanted, my oldest daughter's father we were together since ages 16 and 17 and his curiosity got a hold of him, one during my pregnancy last couple months where I wasn't myself then my baby took over my life. But then I thought how imperfect those people were and I didn't go off fuck someone else. So question is would YOU cheat if they didn't meet your expectations or depending on circumstances?  Or maybe the person made a dumb mistake in the heat of the moment. In my opinion don't dwell on what you could have done differently. The cheater would have cheated either way.

• Thanks 1