Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

When my dad was dying of cancer over 3 years ago. He had 3 shows he would always watch. COPS, M.A.S.H. and Jeopardy. He was a Jeopardy fan for years and it would be the only thing we could watch at 7:30 Mon-Fri befor3 we got another tv in the house. So for my dad, he better beat it 

sblfilms i I wish you all the luck/chance to make it on there someday. My cousin was a 3 day champ about 5-6 years ago. So if you do make it, ask when it will air on tv. My cousin shot the shows in late July, but asked when they would air on tv. They told him in November around Thanksgiving. So he started taking that into consideration and started reading/studying bits of thanksgiving trivia and it paid off in final jeopardy. Came back and won over a question involving cooking hotline that people could call during the holiday. It was Butterball and he was the only who got it right.

• Like 1

That’s terrible. He’s always been a class act who is the living embodiment of the very show he hosts.

If you can stomach Chris Hardwick I recommend checking out the Nerdist podcast episode with Alex. I didn’t think it was possible but it made me respect him even more. He takes great pride in what he does and it shows. I wish him the best.

4 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

That’s terrible. He’s always been a class act who is the living embodiment of the very show he hosts.

If you can stomach Chris Hardwick I recommend checking out the Nerdist podcast episode with Alex. I didn’t think it was possible but it made me respect him even more. He takes great pride in what he does and it shows. I wish him the beat

His low key humor really works. 

I don't normally put much personal info on here but I have found 'most' people on this board are good and caring.

My dad just who is about Trebeks age got sent home yesterday and will be receiving at home hospice care.  He also has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  My dad isn't going to beat it.  I hope that Trebek will.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, number305 said:

I don't normally put much personal info on here but I have found 'most' people on this board are good and caring.

My dad just who is about Trebeks age got sent home yesterday and will be receiving at home hospice care.  He also has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  My dad isn't going to beat it.  I hope that Trebek will.

I'm really sorry to hear this. :( If you want someone to talk to, PM me any time. 

26 minutes ago, number305 said:

My deepest and most sincere condolences :(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Brick said:

That was very sweet, although I don't know why he would bet most of his money. 

I was watching it as it happened, and he was doing much worse than anyone else and had much less money. I don't know whether or not he would have figured it out, but at that point with nearly no chance of winning, it was a better way to go out.

Here's a higher quality version, btw:

23 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Dude was looking for a laugh, got a tears instead and instantly got uncomfortable 

I'm pretty sure it's you and a few others who are uncomfortable, dude. :p 

That was a lovely moment, and he's wearing a purple ribbon on TV as part of awareness of pancreatic cancer and raising money to fight it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...