The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

lvoa C, lighweight M4, AA12 automatic shotgun, MG5  all get buffs.     MG5 was my favorite lmg last game until the Big AL came out glad its getting a boost

all Skill Mods got revamped and the Scaling will work how its suppose to changes will also effect item currently in your inventory

all weapon mods are getting revamped also  some of them will get the negative stats removed

Scope sensitivity  and point of view sliders will be added

Sniper Turrent gets a buff

I can, but I've had little desire to play this much past few days. I'm like 450 Gear Score, and I know there's still plenty to do, but I don't find it to be all that interesting or fun at this point.  Kind of some of the initial issues I was worried about.  Core gameplay just isn't fun or varied enough to really drive me to come back, regardless of how much content there is. 

I played a lot of the first one cause I found the Dark Zone fun and I'd hunt rogues all day, but this time around I just dont feel like figuring out and googling every little nuance to get the best PvP builds. 

I'll check it out tomorrow with the new update and see if theres more to make me want to come back.

48 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I can, but I've had little desire to play this much past few days. I'm like 450 Gear Score, and I know there's still plenty to do, but I don't find it to be all that interesting or fun at this point.  Kind of some of the initial issues I was worried about.  Core gameplay just isn't fun or varied enough to really drive me to come back, regardless of how much content there is. 

I played a lot of the first one cause I found the Dark Zone fun and I'd hunt rogues all day, but this time around I just dont feel like figuring out and googling every little nuance to get the best PvP builds. 

I'll check it out tomorrow with the new update and see if theres more to make me want to come back.

you dont have to watch youtube videos to figure out what build you want.   Use the spreadsheet I provided and Theory Craft your own build.  I find that way more fun then just duplicating somone elses build

17 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

this is how im feeling. the amount of content is great. the gameplay is boring after almost 50hrs. 

also - this game is suffering the same issue the first one had with loot. yellow drops are not exciting to get anymore.  at this point im just looking for higher gear score and the right perks and talents. its just stat chasing. if yellow are commons, then there needs to be a fuck ton more exotics and there needs to be a chance for them drop randomly from any enemy in the game.  its good to have specific enemies to target or missions that reward exotics...but its not enough to keep me hooked. 

So tidal basin is on the map a stronghold you can do right now. I haven’t attempted it yet bc of the order I did the strongholds, it’s now 425 and I’m not there yet. 

But the content drop for tomorrow is stating tibal basin will be available tomorrow? 

7 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

*GAMES AS A SERVICE*

If you play religiously, every day, you're going to get burnt out unless it's a game you really, really like. Like with all other games of this type, you put it away and come back once or twice a week to do dailies, weeklies, clan activities, etc.

Yeah I totally get that. I'm not trying to dis the game, its really really well made.  It's an amazing cover shooter.  Great content and such an evolution over the first.  I am just usually addicted to these types of games, but after a few of the updates on Division 1 I lost interest and I think I'm feeling the same with this.  I think too much loot is a bad thing, and this game just gives you non stop loot all over.  I know a lot like that and its just all about tweaking builds and what not, but for me I typically enjoy the feeling of having higher end loot drops in games, and you dont ge tthat in this game yet.  Maybe now with the Gear Sets coming it'll feel better.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yeah I totally get that. I'm not trying to dis the game, its really really well made.  It's an amazing cover shooter.  Great content and such an evolution over the first.  I am just usually addicted to these types of games, but after a few of the updates on Division 1 I lost interest and I think I'm feeling the same with this.  I think too much loot is a bad thing, and this game just gives you non stop loot all over.  I know a lot like that and its just all about tweaking builds and what not, but for me I typically enjoy the feeling of having higher end loot drops in games, and you dont ge tthat in this game yet.  Maybe now with the Gear Sets coming it'll feel better.  

Hopefully the gear set pieces are random drops and don’t require you to target specific factions or missions, etc. then there’s an incentive to just run whatever content you want. 

Just now, elbobo said:

I did but I didn't walk all over, there was no notice to go there and do something. I have not beat the main story yet, is that a requirement? 

walk in where the quartermaster is. right next to him is the specialization dude. 

Just finished Tidal Basin. The setting is cool just like all the other missions, though there was nothing unique about it. Defeat enemy waves...go to next section. rinse repeat. This game could've definitely benefited with unique fights at the end of strongholds. kinda disappointing in that regard. 

in WT5 now. my gear score jumped to 463 I think. I have a few pieces that are 480+. Got 2 set pieces from completed Tidal Basic - both masks..lol. 

After you beat it, the game resets like WT1 where you have to complete missions to unlock the strongholds again. Thats cool bc doing all of that will probably get you damn close to 500. 

my crafting bench is bugged. wont advance to WT5 craftables. kinda sucks. blew a ton of credits on re calibration not realizing how expensive it was. im down to like 25K in credits. 

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

The Pestilence LMG can be found in the Dark Zone from clearing Landmarks or killing Named Elites. It's definitely a PvP only weapon based on it's stats.

Im just really happy they are providing a way to not have to go to the DZ to level up. Im still kinda traumatized from the DZ on PC. 

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

Just finished Tidal Basin. The setting is cool just like all the other missions, though there was nothing unique about it. Defeat enemy waves...go to next section. rinse repeat. This game could've definitely benefited with unique fights at the end of strongholds. kinda disappointing in that regard. 

in WT5 now. my gear score jumped to 463 I think. I have a few pieces that are 480+. Got 2 set pieces from completed Tidal Basic - both masks..lol. 

After you beat it, the game resets like WT1 where you have to complete missions to unlock the strongholds again. Thats cool bc doing all of that will probably get you damn close to 500. 

my crafting bench is bugged. wont advance to WT5 craftables. kinda sucks. blew a ton of credits on re calibration not realizing how expensive it was. im down to like 25K in credits. 

I feel the same way. I watched a stream of tidal Basin earlier. The way they Hyped the hell out of it It was very dissipointing.  I was expecting some special Black Tusk units its suppose to be thier main strong hold. No special boss fight.  WTF very dissipointing.  Just got off work so grinding to go from 389 to 425 so I can do the mission

So set pieces definitely drop randomly, which is cool and you get one at the end of each invaded mission. Problem is except for true patriot they all kinda suck. 

Also - it appears specialization ammo is bugged (at least everyone hopes). I ran tidal basin to get to wt5. I ran the 3 invaded missions and the capital stronghold and I got 1 special ammo drop. Also when it is dropped it’s only 1 instead of 2. Hopefully they fix this ASAP. 

Currently 470. Definitely not jumping massive amounts of levels anymore...but i know all this gear will be replaced, so back to not really worrying about synergies anymore. 

17 hours ago, elbobo said:

oh wow this extended 5.56 mag change completely upends the AR meta, big drop in sustained firepower on those guns now

Ok I *thought* my mag was holding 60 rounds before, and today it only held 40. I just assumed I was confusing it with a different gun.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:40 AM, atom631 said:

Hopefully the gear set pieces are random drops and don’t require you to target specific factions or missions, etc. then there’s an incentive to just run whatever content you want. 

I like when it is a mix of both. You can randomly get them from any or a wide number of sources, and there are some events/specific enemies that it is a higher probability in their loot pool. 

Like me you can get any set piece doing events or missions, but a specific boss in a mission has a higher chance to drop set piece gloves, or pieces from a specific set. This way you can farm if you want to, or if you just need that one piece to finish a set bonus.  

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah, but to be honest, my AR's stability and accuracy was pretty high, so having 60 rounds in a mag was probably a bit OP :p

It almost definitely was... I would just mow dudes down with an ACR with a 60 round extended mag. I'm curious to see how much of a difference the 20 round drop makes.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah, but to be honest, my AR's stability and accuracy was pretty high, so having 60 rounds in a mag was probably a bit OP :p

I bet it was only nerfed for PVP. :thumbdown:

by the end game you should be able to feel OP at times. We can never seem to take damage, but should be able to dish it out. 

I made it to WT4, and the end game is great. Lots of loot, constantly getting good rewards and progress - they really nailed the loot in this game. You can do anything - grind the hardest mission available to you or just go exploring and walk down a dark alley - whatever you do, there are rewards for it. Really lets you just enjoy the game the way you want to play it, but all the high end / more efficient ways of gearing up are there for those that care. 

If I had a complaint it would be that I don't see much reason to switch away from healing Chem and my turret. I try to put the turret away and experiment, but every time I've do I've switch back pretty quick. 

Haven't had ammo for my signature skill yet, so not sure if those are cool or not. This is a ridiculous bug, they better get a fix for this quick. I do like that it's a whole new set of perks to level up only once you hit end game. 

1 hour ago, Man_of_X said:

Mmmmmmm.  Bugged signature skill ammo?  I'm still getting it fairly frequently, but I did notice it drops only one instead of two. 

I'm still getting between one and two per drop. I do have the perk that makes it more likely for an enemy to drop signature skill ammo if you kill them while their under a status Effect, but I haven't had an issue getting that ammo at all.

I’ve gotten exactly 1 special ammo drops since the patch and it was when I joined a buddy’s instance to help him level. As soon as I joined back to my game, it was gone. Pretty sure that’s been it. I’ve been running a bunch of shit too. Finished the weekly invasion and been running the missions to unlock the Liberty exotic and didn’t a Bunch if checkpoints. Nada. It really blows. 

Ive started to optimize my build a little bit. I’m running a 3 piece providence set and a 3 piece d&h set. Trying to bump my crit hit chance up. Currently when I run an SMG it’s 55% and 35% on my LMG. I’ve been stacking weapon damage and SMG/LMG damage. I think I have 20% weapon and 25% LMG and SMG damage each. Plus I have 25% damage to elites.