The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

8 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Anything over 250K is decent, you should be able to handle everything up to hard difficulty without issue. For Challenging you're going to want to have 500K + dps, especially if you're not able to play with a full group.

yeah hard seems to be OK right now. I have around 185K armor and 52K health and I can survive around 2-3 hits from a yellowbar shotgunner (depending how close). 

maybe ill give a challenging mission a shot and see. 

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Left side of the screen it shows the requirements, there’s quite a few items you need 

holy fuck!!! this was the problem. LMAO. i had like 3 printer filaments. ive been selling off all my mods that i didnt need because i was low on credits. i wound up scraping a bunch and i was able to upgrade. 

:facepalm:

EDIT - I do want to say that in my defense, it never showed a pop up screen saying i didnt have enough material. so i never even looked at the requirements or anything (TBH, i didnt even know materials were needed bc every other time it just upgraded. still dumb on my part for not paying more attention. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

does it require printer filaments to upgrade? i thought it just required you to progress throug the world tier. Im in WT5 and i was able to upgrade my bench, but the numbers never actually changed. All my gear is stuck at 400-440. Sucks bc I have everything I need for the liberty exotic but it shows only up to 440 if i craft it. 

I really want the chatterbox, but im going to wait until this is resolved. but maybe i should deconstruct some mods i dont need to see if that makes a difference. doubful

Yes, when you look to the left it tells you all of the materials you need to upgrade the bench. What you're short on will be shown in red. Your bench is probably still at the world tier 4 level if 440 is your Max crafting level. I got to World Tier 5 yesterday and upgraded my bench no problem. I was short on Printer filaments like I said, but I deconstructed a bunch of outdated mods and got like 90 of them (You need 30 I think) It's easy to miss but that MAY be your problem. It's not letting you upgrade because you may be short on Printer filaments or one of the other materials you need to upgrade.

EDIT: I read your later post... glad you were able to resolve it. Like i said, it's easy to miss if you don't pay attention.

I have a question, is there any easy way to switch between grenade types? They way they did it in this game seems like another step backwards from the first. I don't like how they handle special ammo and grenades in this at all. Was way more intuitive in the first game. 

@atom631 I didn't upgrade my bench until I hit WT1 simply because I couldn't see the option on the screen. It was there, but because of the transparent ui and small font I didn't even know it was an option until I read a post mentioning upgrading the bench. I just assumed I'd get better blueprint a later 😂 

Did a bunch of missions last night to get the chatterbox exotic smg, and I'm glad I did. It's just a really fun gun to use. 

I was doing those missions on hard with randoms, and the enemy difficulty in this game is really weird. For one mission we had a full group of four, and everything was bullet spongey and situations could get out of hand if someone went down. It was a good challenge, but maybe a bit on the annoying side. Then the other two  missions were just me and a single other player, and we breezed through like nothing. I get that it scales up to match the extra players, but it doesn't seem like it's balanced quite right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

holy fuck!!! this was the problem. LMAO. i had like 3 printer filaments. ive been selling off all my mods that i didnt need because i was low on credits. i wound up scraping a bunch and i was able to upgrade. 

:facepalm:

EDIT - I do want to say that in my defense, it never showed a pop up screen saying i didnt have enough material. so i never even looked at the requirements or anything (TBH, i didnt even know materials were needed bc every other time it just upgraded. still dumb on my part for not paying more attention. 

Lol.  Did the same thing.  I'm only on WT3 right now, but it's very easy to miss.

The hunters are cheap fucking bullshit. They can heal their armor in the same time I can reload an assault rifle. We went through three rounds of I destroy his shields, then have to reload, while he completely heals, repeat. Until he decided to just punch me in the face and shot me. 

So so nice a melee can completely shatter my bullet resistant armor. Such shit. 

And the world is now so over populated that I am nearly out of ammo by the time I get to one of the hunters. 

If if the world is this populated, then the disease barely killed anyone. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The hunters are cheap fucking bullshit. They can heal their armor in the same time I can reload an assault rifle. We went through three rounds of I destroy his shields, then have to reload, while he completely heals, repeat. Until he decided to just punch me in the face and shot me. 

And the world is now so over populated that I am nearly out of ammo by the time I get to one of the hunters. 

How are you able to see the game through all those tears?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

you shouldve messaged me. I wouldve run them with you. 

also - use an LMG and the liberty exotic handgun. Its crazy how long I can keep shooting. my LMG has the 20 additional bullets too, so after i take down a yellowbar im still with over 100 rounds in the gun. its an awesome combo. 

Hunters aren't so bad unless they get the drop on your and / or they disappear (apparently because of a bug)

I've managed to do 7 solo. If there are other npcs in the area, I would use that to your advantage as they are easily distracted 

The armor repair does suck though 

yesterday i was key farming and i hit just about all the UG locations other than the northwest corner of the map. I only got 4 hyena keys :|. However, a ton of outcast and true son keys drop. They must intentionally give them a higher drop ratio. Also the black tusk keys were just as rare. 

I then ran the Grand Washington Hotel missions and neither chest dropped the piece for Chatterbox. :|

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

The pieces drop in different locations (all main missions afaik) and if it's anything like Liberty, you have to do the missions in a specific order. Unlike Liberty, the parts and blueprints aren't guaranteed drops. I lucked out and got it on the first attempt.

Liberty is in order. Not sure about Chatterbox, but I did do the first mission mentioned in the YT video i saw. just got unlucky yesterday. luckily the missions can be done on normal so you can fly through them. i just hate that the key boxes are on a 24hr cooldown so i can even try again until tonight. 

they really need to change from a 24hr cooldown to a daily reset. 

7 hours ago, atom631 said:

you shouldve messaged me. I wouldve run them with you. 

also - use an LMG and the liberty exotic handgun. Its crazy how long I can keep shooting. my LMG has the 20 additional bullets too, so after i take down a yellowbar im still with over 100 rounds in the gun. its an awesome combo. 

It didn’t say you were online. 

I would use an LMG, but I did not have a good one. 

On the one hand I like lots of loot drops. On the other hand when I get a weapon I really like it becomes detrimental to my Gear Score within a few chests/drops. Which happens very quickly in this game. 

I wish I could workshop a weapon I really liked into having a higher damage value so it’s score went up allowing me to keep using it and still re-roll it if it just needed a little perk tweak. 

10 hours ago, atom631 said:

Liberty is in order. Not sure about Chatterbox, but I did do the first mission mentioned in the YT video i saw. just got unlucky yesterday. luckily the missions can be done on normal so you can fly through them. i just hate that the key boxes are on a 24hr cooldown so i can even try again until tonight. 

they really need to change from a 24hr cooldown to a daily reset. 

I got every chatterbox piece on the first try, didn't know they weren't guaranteed - now I feel better about my luck. I was super pissed cause I went and got all the parts for the liberty and felt so smart having a d50 in my stash ready and waiting... Except it's a purple d50, and the blueprint requires a yellow :doh:

So I had 2 really different and weird things in the game just now. 

First, i think I accidentally triggered a hunter fight

Spoiler

There was this yellow highlighted ? Side mission east of the White House. It had been there a while but I didn’t bother with it. Since daily missions are deactivated and all the key boxes are still not refreshed, i decided to try it  

i get up to a conference room and walk in and the lights go on and a dead agent is hanging from the ceiling. Then lights go out and a single yellow bar appears and he was tough AF. we exchanged a few back and forths, but he eventually put me in this shocked state where I couldn’t do anything.  he walked up to me and then bolted through a door. I go back to normal and I couldn’t follow him. Then I got a mission complete notice and that what that.  

Next I had this weird yellow material in my inventory called something like BSAV. 

Spoiler

The writing states a community in a contaminated area of the east mall needs it. So I head over and make my way in. It was some museum. I had to trigger these fossil displays. Did that and a key dropped. I found the door and it was a loot stash. Next room is a giant alligator one. Trigger that and a door opens to the community i guess. I give the bsav to the only person in there and she says “ thanks you, this is life”. Then nothing else happened. That was it. I make my way one level down and get the final voice recording which cleared the contaminated area. The door heading outside had a key pad that looked like it should’ve been able to be activated, but it wasn’t. So I backtracked the way I came in and double checked everything and found nothing else. It was such a weird and uneventful experience other that the mini puzzle. I feel like I missed something. 

That side mission is what triggers the hunters in the game though in order to fight all 12 of them you have to jump through many hoops...

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b3u2ji/a_step_by_step_guide_on_how_to_obtain_all_12/

Very easy to die instantly. Also very easy to distract them (if in the area) with other NPCs to take them down.  I've gotten 10/12 so far solo

26 minutes ago, AndyD said:

That side mission is what triggers the hunters in the game though in order to fight all 12 of them you have to jump through many hoops...

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b3u2ji/a_step_by_step_guide_on_how_to_obtain_all_12/

Very easy to die instantly. Also very easy to distract them (if in the area) with other NPCs to take them down.  I've gotten 10/12 so far solo

So thats just a mission kick it off. Is that hunter supposed to be beatable? 

23 hours ago, atom631 said:

cool. cuz i didnt think i was gonna beat him anyway. lol. i think he had a shotgun and he was knocking my shields completely out in 2 shots...and I felt like i barely did any damage to him

Well, that will be the typical experience with hunters if they get the drop on you first

the patch yesterday fixed the special ammo drops!!!! rejoice!!!! 

and it was much needed. The weekly invasion missions are refreshed and it came in handy. i was looting a chest bc i thought the wave was over so im down this corridor, which was a dead end and i turn around to come back a door opens and 4 yellow-bars come out. i panic grenade launchered them all. took 3 hits and i got them all. i definitely wouldve wiped otherwise. 

33 minutes ago, elbobo said:

sounds like they are going to being nerfing talents soon 

this was the problem in the beginning with D1. They nerfed stuff instead of bringing other talents up. 

As it is, I have almost 190K armor, 55K health, 250K-400K DPS and I finding hard difficulty challenging and anything above is just too time consuming and difficult. 

The first game had huge changes so frequently to builds, that I lost interest cause it wasnt worth the time to invest in making a perfect build, only to have it be made pretty much useless with the next patch.  

Still need to get some more time in now that im WT5, but just haven't had the urge really.

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

104 hours and I've only come across 3 pieces with Unstoppable. It's a really nice talent when you're at 200K plus armor.

thats why I want it cause it will scale with the tier levels. We should get more armour with each tier.   Does the Beserk talent work if you have the talent on your backup weapon? the way i reading the talent says it has to be equipped. does that mean it can be your secondary weapon and work with your LMG or is it only when you are actually shooting the gun that required?

5 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Beserk is a chest armor talent 

yea I know I worded my statement wrong.  does the beserker talent work for the lmg if you have the Rifle as your second weapon. it reads equipped doesnt say you have to actively be shooting that gun

I just did a bank solo on hard - got through it pretty easily besides the end where I did die after killing the main boss and had to repeat...

With that said, I don't see the point. I was hoping for the Merciless rifle drop...that didn't happen. All the drops were worthless. Don't feel like replaying stuff simply for the hope that RNG is on my side after 10+ tries. I'm losing desire to play.

The dumb thing is that I paid for the pass last weekend lol