The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

1 hour ago, Man of Culture said:

Case in point. It's not hard, you just have to pay attention.

Lol what a wonderful example to show off your superior positioning skills, thanks for the lesson! So what I need to do is always play with an AI to draw enemy fire, and only in missions where there's no reinforcement waves and a giant hole in the building separating myself and the enemy, Got it!

1 hour ago, Man of Culture said:

The wonderful thing about this game is that it is easy to exploit. AI always gravitate toward attacking the most aggressive enemy, so if you chill out for a bit, they'll change up who they're attacking. This is true for coop as it is true for solo with AI. In this case, the AI was incidental and I had no idea they would be here until I actually started the mission. I'm currently level 22 and aside from running around with @BasemntDweller2 for a bit yesterday and doing some overworld stuff with randoms for an hour, 99% of my gameplay has been solo. This is why I say you have an issue with bad positioning and a lack of awareness. 

I don't think you even understand exactly what his complaint even is if you think that video was proof of anything to contradict it. 

I've had instances where I'm in a room, and literally an entire group of 4/5 enemies spawn out of thin air inches away from me, and its instant death.  There is no positioning or awareness issue, its simply a "bad luck", this happens to be where the next wave of enemies spawns from.  It happens a lot more in the free roam areas than it does in actual missions, or its just easier to predict where the next waves will come from so you naturally avoid it, but I've had it happen in missions as well.  

The game can at times punish you for playing more aggressively or pushing really far forward near the enemies spawn.  It's not like Division 1 where you can pop a heal to get over-shield  and get the hell out of there quick.  If you are in an area where enemies spawn really close to you, you're basically screwed.

Regardless though, I am really loving the game thus far.  Lvl 17 so far.  It's not a hard game, but it does play a bit more tactically than the first game which I like.  You do need to stay aware of your surroundings a lot more cause getting flanked will give you a hard time.  I've had one mission where I died a few times and that was with the Boss with a foam gun, as it was the first time I experienced that game mechanic, and its relatively bugged.  

I'd be behind cover and he'd shoot at me with the foam gun and it gets me 100% stuck and pretty much insta death.  Took me a few tries to figure out how the mechanic works and how far you need to be away, if cover protects you, ect before you I got through that.

2 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

While enemies sometimes have weird spawns, this is false. Pay more attention to your radar, it'll start turning red in the direction of said enemies well before you even come into sight or even audio range of enemies 99% of the time. If you're getting surprised from rounding corners it's simply a matter of you being careless. Here is a clip of how I tackled the National Archives, the final room in which you've got a Machine Gunner perched in sniping position, rushing shotgunners coming from both your left and right sides as well as generic red bars trying to flank you. This is the kind of spot that infuriates people like mo1518 and yet I tackle it with relative ease. Not because I'm a good player (I'm not), but merely because I paid attention to my environment and my radar, choosing skills and talents that would better aid me in a solo environment and using weapons with high burst down potential to secure quick kills in a pinch situation.

Edit: That being said, I am on PC, so I can crank the distance at which objects (and possibly NPCs) spawn well beyond that on console. So NPC's literally spawning out of thin air might be an issue specific to consoles.

Yup, you still don't understand.  

16 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

I do, you're just being contrarian at this point.

You've posted 2 separate gameplay video that have absolutely nothing to do with the point that was brought up.  The videos you posted are of the most straight forward basic missions, with enemies attempting to flank, that literally has absolutely nothing to do with what @mo1518brought up.

And I'm not saying that the spawn issue is something that happens all the time or is game breaking, just that its happened a few times and is annoying when it has happened.

28 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

You've posted 2 separate gameplay video that have absolutely nothing to do with the point that was brought up.  The videos you posted are of the most straight forward basic missions, with enemies attempting to flank, that literally has absolutely nothing to do with what @mo1518brought up.

And I'm not saying that the spawn issue is something that happens all the time or is game breaking, just that its happened a few times and is annoying when it has happened.

I give up, it's hopeless. He's either trolling us (very successfully) or he has somehow never experienced what is a common occurrence in both div 1 and 2.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Alright, let's tackle this one by one.

"Come up on three guys in an alleyway and take them out, and all of a sudden a door beside me bursts open."

Yes, this happens. Yes this is predictable. You need to play the game with the sense that every locked door is potentially a monster closet where enemies can spawn from. In this particular occasion, this usually happens when you're rescuing a hostage or preventing an execution. This never happens from while just randomly exploring.

"My death wasn't due to a lack in attention, it was that I snuck up on the dudes to use my smg, and now I'm too close to the surprise reinforcements."

Bad positioning and poor situational awareness.

"It happens a lot more in the free roam areas than it does in actual missions"

You have more opportunities to run into such events in the open world. My former statements still hold true.

"In another area I'm clearing a control point - I decide to flank to take out the last stragglers, or we'd be playing peekaboo with cover for a minute. Knock the last one down and a door opens directly behind me and there's a yellow bar boss. I'm instantly killed. Surprise motherfucker." 

This literally only happens if you go right into whatever building is within the control point near the storage area. Once again, predictable and could have been avoided with better positioning. 9 times out of ten, the first wave of reinforcements will come from within the control point and the second wave will come from an exterior location.

"Missions do it too. Sure, you can see the monster closets in most cases, but sometimes you're in a fight for your life, both guns empty and pull out a sidearm to finish one last guy when reinforcements appear right on top of you." 

As I demonstrated with the National Archives clip, this is 100% manageable. Prioritize targets better. Technicians/Rushers come first, always, every time.

"I would just appreciate if the challenge in the game didn't rely on predicting where, when or if a wave of enemies is going to appear, and not to be punished when I use close range weapons or flanking moves. It already feels just like Div 1 - get you a good M1A or you're going to have a bad time."  

The challenge in virtually every action game comes about from being able to correctly recognize patterns, predict behaviors and to respond accordingly based on your position, equipment and skills. So you basically want it to be a mindless shoot fest where you can just point and click and not have to really think about your loadout and how that affects your playstyle? No wonder why you're suffering so much...

Does that response satisfy you, JP? In regards to your statements:

"I've had instances where I'm in a room, and literally an entire group of 4/5 enemies spawn out of thin air inches away from me, and its instant death.  There is no positioning or awareness issue, its simply a "bad luck", this happens to be where the next wave of enemies spawns from." 

100% false. This is absolutely a positioning and awareness issue, especially in missions where spawn points are far more easy to spot than in the open world. 

"The game can at times punish you for playing more aggressively or pushing really far forward near the enemies spawn.  It's not like Division 1 where you can pop a heal to get over-shield  and get the hell out of there quick.  If you are in an area where enemies spawn really close to you, you're basically screwed."

Yes, this made the first Division broken and allowed players to become godlike. You're playing pre-end game Division 2 like post-end game Division 1. You are not godlike yet, you need to take cover and be cautious or else you're going to get wrecked. Save the brash and bold gung ho actions for the end game when you can actually spec into a proper build that gives you shit like "heals on kill", etc. Your deaths here are not the game's fault, but your own.

"I've had one mission where I died a few times and that was with the Boss with a foam gun, as it was the first time I experienced that game mechanic, and its relatively bugged.  I'd be behind cover and he'd shoot at me with the foam gun and it gets me 100% stuck and pretty much insta death.  Took me a few tries to figure out how the mechanic works and how far you need to be away, if cover protects you, etc. before you I got through that."

Boss,  Special and Hunter enemies have skills that are equivalent to your own. This is really you just not paying attention and dying as a result of not knowing what you yourself are able to do and what an enemy who can do the same thing as you looks and acts like. Literally a problem solved by understanding game mechanics and being more situationally aware.

I've been playing this game since Monday. I'm 30 hours deep now and 28 of those were solo, I'm about to hit level 30 and beat the final main mission. You're not saying anything I don't already know and you're not giving me situations that I haven't already experienced myself. Virtually everything that the both of you have told me is nothing more than a symptom of players wanting to play a certain way and getting absolutely punished for not paying better attention.

This entire response can be summed up to... learn and memorize where monster closets are, avoid them.  

As for the Foam Boss issue, yeah, I had to learn the game mechanic that apparently cover doesnt work on Foam Guns, as he can shoot foam over my head and it gets me stuck at my feet and waist for a good solid 5/6 seconds.  I learned from it and didn't die afterwards.  That doesn't negate the fact its broken and a boss shooting foam over my head shouldn't get my entire body stuck like he was hitting me dead center out of cover.  

• Like 1

Just now, Man of Culture said:

You have the capacity to literally do the same things to enemies. Also, you don't need to learn where the monster closets are. Treat all doors that aren't where you came from as a monster closet. Do that, position yourself appropriately, prioritize targets based on ability and your survival rate will go through the roof. The problem here literally exists between the chair and controller.

I've barely even died playing this game.  As I said early on, I find it to be far too easy. 

I like the fact that if you get flanked and pushed on you'll probably die.  I prefer that realism over Division 1.  The only times I have died is when I happen to get unlucky and the room I'm in also happens to be the door where enemies spawn out of, or poor game mechanics like cover not protecting you from foam that doesn't physically hit you.  Its a new game mechanic and it was the first time I encountered it.  I learned its broken and know how to work around it.  Thats not good game design or user error, its learning broken game mechanics and working around them.

19 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Because craftable exotics require rare parts which have a very low drop rate from faction containers. So if you build an exotic in tier 1, it'll be worthless by tier 2 and you'll have to hunt for the parts all over again to upgrade it to later tiers. Given that it could potentially take dozens to hundreds of hours to come across another set of the same parts, best to wait until tier 4 or 5 to craft exotics.

I was hoping it was that. 

The way way you yelled I felt like I was that lady in a horror movie about to open “that door”. 

6 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

I put nearly 300 hours into Div 1. I don't know how it is you guys are playing, but it sounds like you just enjoy rushing into enemy fire and getting merc'd.

It was pointed out to me that you're actually Lucian. I wish you hadn't changed your name, I would have known to just ignore you from the get go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Hit level 21 this weekend. Should knock out 30 by week's end. I'm enjoying it so far. The only complaint I have is that the enemies sometime seem to spawn out of no where, often behind me, which makes for what feels like a few unfair knockdowns. 

I haven't had that happen *yet* but I have had a few doors that would not open for me and I had to restart the game. I hit level 20, very satisfying game so far. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

One thing that is a little jarring on console is the constant pop-in of items, especially when running around the White House. Stuff on shelves or tables will pop in when your just a few feet from them. 

Yah the texture loading can be a problem if not installed on a ssd. 

I am playing on my X installed on an ssd and I have no issues with texture popping. The game loads so much quicker too when installed on a ssd. Didn’t think it would be that noticeable but for games like Division and Destiny, ssd has been a god send. 

8 minutes ago, OldBenKenobi said:

Yah the texture loading can be a problem if not installed on a ssd. 

I am playing on my X installed on an ssd and I have no issues with texture popping. The game loads so much quicker too when installed on a ssd. Didn’t think it would be that noticeable but for games like Division and Destiny, ssd has been a god send. 

I need to just buckle down and get one I guess. I have a 4GB external standard drive, but not SSD. 

11 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I need to just buckle down and get one I guess. I have a 4GB external standard drive, but not SSD. 

Go for it!

I have an external 4 TB too for all my other games but I just recently bought a 500GB Samsung ssd for 109.99 at Best Buy and have just Division 2 and Destiny 2 installed on it. You will love the difference in loading times if you play these two a lot. 

Just now, OldBenKenobi said:

Go for it!

I have an external 4 TB too for all my other games but I just recently bought a 500GB Samsung ssd for 109.99 at Best Buy and have just Division 2 and Destiny 2 installed on it. You will love the difference in loading times if you play these two a lot. 

I can 2nd this.  I've had an external SSD since back in the Division 1 days, and in this game it actually gave you a real advantage over others with the Dark Zone.  Loading in faster after dying or being able to fast travel to different checkpoints with loads that are 15/20 seconds faster than others allowed you to get around quicker to cut off Rogues.  

Something I've noticed...

If you get certain weapons with talents you really love, save them in your stash, as the Re-calibration in this game allows you to trade talents off one gun and put them on another gun of the same type.  Same goes for Armor, you can only trade the talent of the same Armor type.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

SSD apparently makes a huge difference for Anthem too. So I may just need those three installed for now. 

I always just rotate the 4/5 games I play the most on my SSD.  I've had Anthem on there and while load times still aren't great it never did stick out to me.

My turret keeps disappearing within five seconds of throwing it down. At first I thought the enemy was shooting it out because I'd throw it down in the middle of a firefight then wonder why the fuck it wasn't doing anything. I just threw it down and watched it to see what happens and it literally just disappears. :angry:

31 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

My turret keeps disappearing within five seconds of throwing it down. At first I thought the enemy was shooting it out because I'd throw it down in the middle of a firefight then wonder why the fuck it wasn't doing anything. I just threw it down and watched it to see what happens and it literally just disappears. :angry:

I was having this as well with all deployables.  Must be a glitch and really annoying. 

I enjoyed the first Division, and Divison 2 is OK, but I am finding it harder than the first (and there is no way to decrease it from Story difficulty?) and I think aim assist is almost broken.  I have to tap to aim, shoot, and tap to aim again to "zero-in" on the enemy again or the enemy just walks faster than aim assist moves... is this intentional?   I am not that far into the game... maybe L.6, but I have literally died on every single mission/side quests/event and it sucks.  If it comes down to me getting better at the game or walking away because it isn't fun... I am walking away.   This is coming from a person who HATES griping about any game.

The Story mode difficulty just seems like a "Hard" setting for me.  Is there something that I can at least adjust to make aim assist work and follow the enemy better?  I get that some enemies rush you, but when you are looking directly at them with aim assist on and you go to aim at them but you totally miss them with a shotgun then aim assist isn't working

Sidenote:  I do not have the chem launcher skill yet, but it is next.

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So I just started. Only level 4 right now. I stopped 2 rogue radio broadcasts and each time a yellow “access” key drops. No idea what to do with it and i can’t find it in my inventory? 

It's part of the radio Broadcast event.  You need it to restart broadcast the second time.  You are actually using it and not even realizing it.  :P

7 minutes ago, Pent said:

It's part of the radio Broadcast event.  You need it to restart broadcast the second time.  You are actually using it and not even realizing it.  :P

Lol. I spent like 10 minutes each time searching the area for something to unlock. 

• Haha 1