The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

So is there anybody in the thread running a clan on Xbox? I've been solo'ing the game so far, and it's been fine, but really slow, since it takes me probably twice as long to do anything. I'm enjoying the game but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on some great game time with friends. I think once I get to the end game I'll missing out on a lot. I created a clan but I'd happily ditch it and join someone else's.

My GT is XxEvil AshxX on xbox if you'd like to run some missions. As of now I'm lvl 18 and just got to The Campus.

I play a lot, but work most evenings from like, 3 till 11 so prime time gaming is a bust unless it's a day off. You'll usually see me on late morning/early afternoon, or late at night (though if it's after work I only have about an hour in me before I turn into a drooling, incoherent zombie). 

Honestly it would be great to play anything with people again. My friends have all but abandoned me over the past year, since I couldn't game at 7 pm with all of them. :(

I’m 475 GS now, but it’s a slooooooow incremental grind after the patch. I’m mostly getting drops below my GS and the few I get above aren’t really fit for my build. If I could craft a few specific pieces at 465-490 that would probably be a huge difference for me. 

Also - I realized that I’ve only had 1 sidearm drop in like 6-8hrs of play. 

I was planning on grinding out the Liberty exotic (even though I hear it’s not great) just to craft a sidearm that might have a high GS...but with the crafting bench bug I can’t do it. Same with chatterbox. 

Question about control points - do you have to set the difficulty on them like a mission? All my control points have a 1 next to em. Don’t see how to change it. Or do I need to take it back at one. Then it will get taken back by enemies and that will advance it to 2? 

24 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I’m 475 GS now, but it’s a slooooooow incremental grind after the patch. I’m mostly getting drops below my GS and the few I get above aren’t really fit for my build. If I could craft a few specific pieces at 465-490 that would probably be a huge difference for me. 

Also - I realized that I’ve only had 1 sidearm drop in like 6-8hrs of play. 

I was planning on grinding out the Liberty exotic (even though I hear it’s not great) just to craft a sidearm that might have a high GS...but with the crafting bench bug I can’t do it. Same with chatterbox. 

Question about control points - do you have to set the difficulty on them like a mission? All my control points have a 1 next to em. Don’t see how to change it. Or do I need to take it back at one. Then it will get taken back by enemies and that will advance it to 2? 

There are activities connected to the control points that have a plus 1 or plus 2 next to them.  If you do those, they will increase the level of the control point they're linked to. The game will tell you when a control point's level increases or decreases.

5 minutes ago, TomCat said:

so its public executions, broadcasts, and supply runs that raise the Tier score of control points?

Yeah if you zoom in, the lines will appear that connect to the control points. Tough to tell when at the default view. 

Just now, Man of Culture said:

Yes, mostly elite and purple enemies solo. Mostly elites if you're in a group. It's also the only difficulty outside of challenging that rewards you with a random blueprint. Level 3 CPs are literally the only kind of CP worth doing.

thanks! 

is there any side missions that are absolute must-run for blueprints? so far ive only done like 4-5. I got the one on your recommendation for the extended mag for 5.56 ammo. 

btw - youve been a wealth of knowledge on this game. So thanks for that. The amount of content is actually a bit overwhelming and youve def help bring clarity to the many systems. 

Just hit t4 yesterday. Crafted/looted some stuff and I'm right around 420 GS now. I've done some CP2 without too much issue. Are CP3 solo-able at this point or should I wait until I'm a bit higher? Also what's the best way to gear up at this point since I don't see any invaded missions?

2 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

For CP3 Solo you're going to want to build for the following:

Crit Chance 

Crit Damage

Weapon Damage

Armor Regeneration /s

Armor on Kill

Useful Skills would be:

Healing Chem Launcher

Reviver Hive

Useful Specialization would be:

Demolitionist or Survivalist. The former because the grenade launcher has amazing kill potential and the latter because incendiary grenades are great for crowd control.

Useful talents to go for, in no particular order, would be things like:

Unhinged

Breadbasket

Killer

Patience

On The Ropes

Safeguard

Preservation

First Blood

Frenzied

Strained

Recharged

Rooted

Beserk

Clutch

Efficient

Mad Bomber

Finally, you'll want to Mix and Match Brand Sets to maximize your damage output based on the weapons you plan to use/enjoy using.

As far as the best way to Gear Up? Farming landmarks in the Occupied Dark Zone or level 3 CP are good ways to farm. Your Gear Score is an average of everything you currently have equipped as well as what is in your backpack. If you want to move up fast, get rid of anything lower than your current GS.

Edit: if you get a goo gun healing mod that doubles its ammo, you have gained the ability to face tank tough enemies. Goo healing stacks, so you can drop 3 goo, stand up and blast away without a care in the world.

Also, if you wonder why I don't have elite damage up there, if you spec for nothing but that or have an incredibly high amount of it, you're going to have trouble with purple mobs as they are not considered to be elite despite being armored. You will underperform against them whereas elites get melted. Boosting Crit Damage, Crit Chance and Weapon damage will make you effective against everyone.

Thanks for this. I've been full demolitionist since specializations. While solo I usually run LMG/Marksman. LMG being something with a 100 round clip and Marksman being something high enough damage to 1 headshot kill things without armor. With a friend or small group I'll drop the Marksman and switch to an SMG. Definitely didn't know about GS being affected by what I'm carrying, not just what is equipped.

Since I've mostly been focused on just getting my gearscore up I haven't really been picky about specific gear perks/talents so far. I figured I'd start getting more picky once I got near/to the cap.

Skills-wise I've been using the flame turret (mostly for CC reasons). I've mostly stuck with the healing hive but I should probably try out revive.

31 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

The reviver hive is mostly about survivability since you will get jumped every now and then by an elite shotgunner who will wipe you out in short order. It will automatically deploy and revive you. Also, don't move as it revives you as you technically become invulnerable for about 5 seconds. This gives you enough time to pop armor and then roll out of the way. That and if you're in a group, you can revive others without putting yourself at risk. Start figuring out how you want to build your character and finalize that build by GS 500. Btw, GS 450 stuff is still viable in WT 5 so long as you're spec'd well.

I really like the large clip LMGs. Sometimes in a 4-man I'll carry 2. With Specialization perks and 100 round clips I'm practically and endless bullet hose. I carry Marksman primarily solo so I can grenade/headshot kill mechanical types sending drones and car bombs at me.

So far my favorite gun has been a 600RPM / 100 magazine with a perk that caused hits to have a chance to refill the mag.

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

Some people have a glitch where they cannot upgrade their bench after progressing to a new world tier.

Ah... Is it because they don't have all the materials? I had to get like 30 printer filaments (whatever that is) before I was able to upgrade my bench. You get them from deconstructing mods. Once I did that I was able to upgrade my bench to world tier 5.

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ah... Is it because they don't have all the materials? I had to get like 30 printer filaments (whatever that is) before I was able to upgrade my bench. You get them from deconstructing mods. Once I did that I was able to upgrade my bench to world tier 5.

does it require printer filaments to upgrade? i thought it just required you to progress throug the world tier. Im in WT5 and i was able to upgrade my bench, but the numbers never actually changed. All my gear is stuck at 400-440. Sucks bc I have everything I need for the liberty exotic but it shows only up to 440 if i craft it. 

I really want the chatterbox, but im going to wait until this is resolved. but maybe i should deconstruct some mods i dont need to see if that makes a difference. doubful

So did the last Stronghold last night. Got to WT1. Matched with a couple of guys after looting and killing to get my GS up. One of the guys was clearly helping a friend one guy barely high enough to do the missions and the other guy was 450+. 

We sprinted through the missions and Judicial strong hold. Now I’m WT2 near GS 300. 

I want to go find some masks. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So did the last Stronghold last night. Got to WT1. Matched with a couple of guys after looting and killing to get my GS up. One of the guys was clearly helping a friend one guy barely high enough to do the missions and the other guy was 450+. 

We sprinted through the missions and Judicial strong hold. Now I’m WT2 near GS 300. 

I want to go find some masks. 

ill definitely hunt masks with you. its something ive been wanting to do as well but thought it would be better and more fun with a group. 

@Man of Culture whats good DPS in this game? I know there people spec building a sniper set and getting like 1.5mil crit head shots which is crazy. 

i played around in the range yesterday and my LMG seemed to get a sustained DPS of around 350-500K. My SMG was around 250K. 

No idea if this is good, bad or mediocre. 

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

does it require printer filaments to upgrade? i thought it just required you to progress throug the world tier. Im in WT5 and i was able to upgrade my bench, but the numbers never actually changed. All my gear is stuck at 400-440. Sucks bc I have everything I need for the liberty exotic but it shows only up to 440 if i craft it. 

I really want the chatterbox, but im going to wait until this is resolved. but maybe i should deconstruct some mods i dont need to see if that makes a difference. doubful

Left side of the screen it shows the requirements, there’s quite a few items you need