Jump to content

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum official trailer


Recommended Posts

https://screenrant.com/john-wick-3-trailer-release-date/

Quote

Lionsgate has released a teaser for the John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellumtrailer, ahead of the full trailer's release on Thursday. The studio only just kicked off its marketing for the film today by releasing the John Wick 3poster and motion poster, in turn confirming that Parabellum is part of the sequel's official title. The subtitle comes from the saying "Si vis pacem, para bellum” or “If you want peace, prepare for war" - a fitting sentiment for a man like John Wick.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

John Wick.

 

John Wick: Chapter 2. 

 

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum. 

 

Why not just stop with John Wick: Chapter 3? It's as silly as The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. Or the various Fast and the Furious movie titles. Otherwise, I'm very excited for the film. 

I agree completely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

John Wick.

 

John Wick: Chapter 2. 

 

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum. 

 

Why not just stop with John Wick: Chapter 3? It's as silly as The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. Or the various Fast and the Furious movie titles. Otherwise, I'm very excited for the film. 

 

John Wick: Volume 2: Chapter 1 - Congruence

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

 

Brotherhood of the Wolf is one of my all time favorite movies. Dude was such a badass in that. 

 

Also John Wick is a god not a superhero 

 

He was awesome in that... he also starred in the live action adaption of Crying Freeman which was directed by the guy who did Brotherhood of the Wolf. His best movie is a cheesy b-movie called Drive that co-starred Kadeem Hardison and Brittany Murphy :lol: Me and my sibling LOVED that movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2019 at 9:55 AM, Greatoneshere said:

John Wick.

 

John Wick: Chapter 2. 

 

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum. 

 

Why not just stop with John Wick: Chapter 3? It's as silly as The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. Or the various Fast and the Furious movie titles. Otherwise, I'm very excited for the film. 

 

Studios in general are pushing for subtitled sequels over numbered sequels. I imagine they wanted this to be John Wick: Parabellum but the creatives behind the movie wanted to continue the naming convention introduced in volume 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

 

Studios in general are pushing for subtitled sequels over numbered sequels. I imagine they wanted this to be John Wick: Parabellum but the creatives behind the movie wanted to continue the naming convention introduced in volume 2.

 

That doesn't make any sense after you've already done a sequel and called it John Wick: Chapter 2. The point is consistency - either they should have gone with subtitled sequels over numbered sequels or vice versa. Changing mid-stream just makes them look stupid. Think about the Fast and Furious franchise:

 

-The Fast and the Furious

-2 Fast 2 Furious

-The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

-Fast & Furious (with the ampersand)

-Fast Five

-Furious 6 (now officially known as Fast & Furious 6 apparently, yes, with the ampersand)

-Furious 7

-The Fate of the Furious

 

It was the same kind of stupidity as with Edge of Tomorrow. It was based off of a Japanese manga that was called All You Need Is Kill (great name) and they didn't go with that and called it Edge of Tomorrow instead. But eventually Edge of Tomorrow's tagline took over, Live. Die. Repeat., and for the home video release of the film they treated the movie like that was the title of the movie over Edge of Tomorrow. Wikipedia and IMDb treat Edge of Tomorrow as the "official" or "legal" name of the film, but yeah, again, stupid.

 

Same with The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. You already said "The Lego Movie 2". You don't need to add "The Second Part". Or in the alternative call it "The Lego Movie: The Second Part" and drop the 2. One or the other, but not both, it's redundant lol.

 

I also think of Star Trek, and how the two most recent films don't even have a colon to separate the subtitled word from the franchise name. So it's not Star Trek: Into Darkness and Star Trek: Beyond; it's officially "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "Star Trek Beyond". Another small but just dumb thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

That doesn't make any sense after you've already done a sequel and called it John Wick: Chapter 2. The point is consistency - either they should have gone with subtitled sequels over numbered sequels or vice versa. Changing mid-stream just makes them look stupid. Think about the Fast and Furious franchise:

 

-The Fast and the Furious

-2 Fast 2 Furious

-The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

-Fast & Furious (with the ampersand)

-Fast Five

-Furious 6 (now officially known as Fast & Furious 6 apparently, yes, with the ampersand)

-Furious 7

-The Fate of the Furious

The reason they changed to 5,6,7 is because they treated it as a relaunch and a new container trilogy within the existing franchise. 

38 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It was the same kind of stupidity as with Edge of Tomorrow. It was based off of a Japanese manga that was called All You Need Is Kill (great name) and they didn't go with that and called it Edge of Tomorrow instead. But eventually Edge of Tomorrow's tagline took over, Live. Die. Repeat., and for the home video release of the film they treated the movie like that was the title of the movie over Edge of Tomorrow. Wikipedia and IMDb treat Edge of Tomorrow as the "official" or "legal" name of the film, but yeah, again, stupid.

I agree that was weird. Edge of Tomorrow is the best name of all 3 and they should have just stuck with it. 

38 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Same with The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. You already said "The Lego Movie 2". You don't need to add "The Second Part". Or in the alternative call it "The Lego Movie: The Second Part" and drop the 2. One or the other, but not both, it's redundant lol.

Like, you know these movies are self aware of being stupid and “The Second Part” was intentially superfluous. It’s a joke. 

38 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I also think of Star Trek, and how the two most recent films don't even have a colon to separate the subtitled word from the franchise name. So it's not Star Trek: Into Darkness and Star Trek: Beyond; it's officially "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "Star Trek Beyond". Another small but just dumb thing. 

I don’t think a colon is necessary here. Just add the words “is going”. The title refers to how the series itself is going those places. I dunno that’s how interpreted it. 

 

As far as John Wick. Sure it can be viewed as inconsistant but it can also be viewed as consistsnt. It’s following a pattern of increasing the title name. People may not like it but it is following a pattern and therefore there’s order to the naming which I think is what people want. You can also go deeper and see the titles get grander as the stakes and scope of the movies do. Given the subtle messagery littered through the first 2 films it’s not that much of a stretch to draw that parallel. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...