The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I ask this with all seriousness - is there any way that this ends with anything other than the GOP turning the US into Russia?

With all due respect, I don't even know what a sense of normalcy is for this country.  The fact I just feel a constant state of apathy and if this shithole of a country gets nuked is an acceptable outcome is already concerning to me.  At this point I just only care if people close to me will be okay, and that I just do my small part that the community slowly reverts from a cesspool.

Damn to nationalist pride.  

23 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

I know, was uncalled for. @marioandsonic I seriously and sincerely apologize.

I don't think an apology was necessary, assuming you meant Republican politicians complicit in this. I think Wade would agree that violence is the ultimate recourse, and the death of politicians is sometimes okay for the good of the population. The ends absolutely do justify the means if it means the ends are fairness, peace, and normalcy. Obviously one person gunning down a politician won't bring that, but sometimes a good political purge is what a political class needs to bring it into line. Would anyone here actually hesitate of some alien offered them a button to press that would instantly kill Trump, Kavanaugh, Graham, and Hatch by brain aneurysm?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why does he even try to defend the "Renate Alumnus" yearbook quote? How else are we supposed to interpret it? If a bunch of HS douchebags wrote down that with my name, wtf else is it supposed to mean?

Yeah, the insinuation is clear and Kavanaugh is intelligent enough that I don’t buy that he didn’t understand what all the other sports Bros were suggesting when they tagged their year book pages with the same phrase. She was right to take offense at it.

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

We are EXACTLY where we were 10 days ago.

I seriously doubt today's ordeal tilted anyone's vote one way or the other.

That may be true, but at least we have people, in front of cameras and on the record about the assault.

I think there is value in that. Maybe I’m wrong.