The Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 6 - Biggie Hangs On and This Team Makes Me Drink!

Slug

I hate it when my 'skins are on Monday Night Football and I hate it even more when they're the Feature Game here in the MGT because I can never bring myself to bet against them even when I know I should.  Ugh.  Just...ugh.  Gratz Biggie, I guess.

-= WEEK 5 RESULTS =-

Feature Game:  Bets on the Saints won and I died a little inside.

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Redskins TD, Redskins FG, Redskins safety, Saints TD, Saints FG, Saints safety, or other? ($900 for the correct call)

Mark Ingram got a 2 yarder in the first quarter.  Great. (Saints TD)

2) Monday Night Officiating: How many penalties will be recorded in the Feature Game ($1,500 for the correct call, $800 for the closest guess if nobody nails it)

10.  And yes, most of them were on the 'skins.  What of it?

3) Who will score the first touchdown in the Tennessee @ Buffalo game? ($900 for the correct name - And by score we mean the guy holding the ball in the end-zone; only call a QB if you believe the first TD will be a rushing TD by him).

Allen kept the ball on a 14 yard scamper for the game's first TD.

4) Eating dirt - Name the QB that will be sacked the most in Week 5. ($1,000 for the correct name)

Matt Ryan got intimate with the turf 6 times to lead all QBs in Week 6 at failing to avoid sacks.

5) Call the winners:
Green Bay at Detroit
Baltimore at Cleveland
Denver at N.Y. Jets
($800 for EACH correctly named game winner, $1,600 bonus if you call all 3 correct)

Tough week.  Only a couple players got 2 of these and nobody called all 3 for the bonus.

6) Name the team that will score the most points in Week 5. ($1,000 for the correct team)

Friggin' Saints. :|

7) Name the team that will score the fewest points in Week 5. ($1,000 for the correct team)

The Ravens were the only team not to reach double digits, only scoring 9 in a game that did it's best to mimic the effects of chasing 3 Ambien with a fifth of bad whiskey.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in Week 5. ($2,500 for each player named correctly, $7,000 bonus if both names are called)

Isaiah Crowell lead runners with 218 and DeAndre Hopkins pulled in 151 to lead receivers.  Nobody called either player.

-= THE LEADERBOARD =-
@Biggie - $15,200
@BasemntDweller2 - $10,600
@Alpha1Cowboy - $10,400
@mikechorney - $10,300
@thewhyteboar - $9,550
@SFLUFAN - $9,100
@RedSoxFan9 - $8,800
Slug - $6,600
@Greatoneshere - $6,400
@Keyser_Soze - $6,400
@Kal-El814 - $6,200
@johnny - $2,700

Remember; it's never too late to start!  Everyone begins with $1,000 no matter which week you jump in!

Good luck to everyone in Week 6!  Feature Game and Questions follow this post!

-= THE RULES =-

1. You make your bet and answer the questions simply by posting on the thread each week with your pick for the featured game along with your bet, followed by your answers to the prediction questions.

2. Everyone starts with $1,000. If a user doesn't start until week 3, they still start with $1,000. Your best bet it to get in early and play every week.

3. If you somehow reach $0 you are not out of the competition. You can't bet on the feature game during weeks that you are broke, but you can answer the prediction questions and hope to earn cash to gamble the following week.

4. IMPORTANT: I will set a deadline for getting your entries for the week in (usually before kick-off of that week's first game). It is imperative that you make your post before the deadline. The entry thread will be locked at the deadline so if you don't get your entry in by then you lose out on the chance to make money that week.

5. I work full time AND coach youth football AND go to school when I can AND have a near crippling gaming addiction AND probably drink too much. Responsibilities and personality flaws allowing, I will attempt to post the results and the next week's game/questions each Tuesday, as early as possible. Keep in mind though that there may be some wackiness here and there based on my schedule and hangovers. Pay attention.

6. For the official recording of stats/yardage NFL.com will be used. Whatever their site says on Tuesday morning is what counts.  No whining.

7. Accounts created within the current calendar month are not eligible to play and any entries from such accounts will not be considered.

-= Previous Weeks =-

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5

• Thanks 1

## WEEK 6 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS ##

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 6 ENTRIES - 10/11/2018 (Thursday) 08:19pm EASTERN

THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 6 Feature Game
Philadelphia Eagles (-3) at New York Giants
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Eagles TD, Eagles FG, Eagles safety, Giants TD, Giants FG, Giants safety, or other? ($900 for the correct call)

2) Which team in the Feature Game will turn the ball over the most?  ($800 for the correct call)

3) The Cleveland Browns haven't won 2 games in a row since 2014.  Does that change this week? ($800 for the right answer)

4) Name any 2 teams that will BOTH score more than 25 points this week. ($1,000 for the correct name)

5) Call the winners:
Carolina at Washington
Chicago at Miami
Seattle at Oakland
($900 for EACH correctly named game winner, $1,800 bonus if you call all 3 correct)

6) Which Week 6 game will end with the lowest combined score? ($1,000 for the correct answer)

7) How many extra point attempts will be missed in Week 6? ($1,500 for the number)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in Week 6. ($3,000 for each player named correctly, $7,500 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Giants for $4,600
1. Eagles FG
2. Eagles
3. Yes.
4. Washington and Green Bay
5. Washington, Miami, Seattle
6. Baltimore @ Tennessee
7. 3
8. Gurley, Adams
#####################

36 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

If it makes you feel better @Slug, my Philadelphia Eagles played like dogshit on Sunday and lost to a team we routed at the NFC East game last year. :( 

Yeah, that was bad.  The only saving grace of this past weekend was that since every other team in the East lost, we maintain our shaky, tenuous grip on 1st place for one more week.

25 minutes ago, Slug said:

Yeah, that was bad.  The only saving grace of this past weekend was that since every other team in the East lost, we maintain our shaky, tenuous grip on 1st place for one more week.

We didn't deserve our win anyway so you guys deserve to be at the top of our wonderful division. :p 

Spoiler

Giants - $900

1. Eagles FG
  2. Giants
  3. Yes, Browns win 2 in a row!
  4. Tampa Bay & Kansas City
  5. Washington, Miami, Oakland
  6. Jacksonville at Dallas
  7. 2
  8. Most Rushing Yards: Sony Michel Most Receiving Yards: DeAndre Hopkins

Using an interesting strategy and picking the opposite of what I think since what I think is always wrong. :p

48 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I mentioned it because I actually like to go back and see what a I picked and faceplam my choices. :p

And I absolutely appreciate it!  That's why the links are there.  I think you've caught an error I've made the last few weeks and it's a Good Thing. :)

Philadelphia Eagles (-3)  $2500.00

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Eagles TD

2) Which team in the Feature Game will turn the ball over the most?  Giants

3) The Cleveland Browns haven't won 2 games in a row since 2014.  No

4) Name any 2 teams that will BOTH score more than 25 points this week. Eagles and Rams 

5) Call the winners:
Carolina
Chicago
Seattle 

6) Which Week 6 game will end with the lowest combined score? Seattle/Oakland

7) How many extra point attempts will be missed in Week 6? 3

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in Week 6 Gurley and Hill 

Philadelphia Eagles $2000

EAGLES FG

NYG

No

Minnesota Vikings

KC Chiefs

5) Call the winners:
Carolina at Washington       Carolina
Chicago at Miami                 Chicago
Seattle at Oaklan                   Seattle

Cowboys Jaguars

Todd Gurley                             Adam Thielen