The Crow Reboot Starring Bill Skarsgard First Look

• skillzdadirecta changed the title to The Crow Reboot Starring Bill Skarsgard First Look
13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Looks decent but I can't help but think dude would make a GREAT Joker.

Given that Andy Muschietti is directing Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and he directed the two IT movies with Bill, I highly expect him to cast Bill as his Joker.

• Halal 1

Just now, Brick said:

Given that Andy Muschietti is directing Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and he directed the two IT movies with Bill, I highly expect him to cast Bill as his Joker.

Makes sense but at this point would it be TOO on the nose? Pennywise, The Crow and The Joker??? Dude would be typecast like a mofo.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Makes sense but at this point would it be TOO on the nose? Pennywise, The Crow and The Joker??? Dude would be typecast like a mofo.

Yeah that's the only thing that keeps me thinking that maybe it won't happen, because it's too obvious, or he turns the offer down.

I was too young to see The Crow when it came out, but it was such a cultural presence that it got built up in my head as this super dark, gritty movie.  Then I finally saw it and it’s goofy as all hell.  I wonder if the remake is going to ditch that part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Has some visually cool stuff, but I miss seeing the kiss white makeup face with the black eyes. Maybe I’m too stuck up on the original, but the trailer looked too bright. Wish it all took place mostly at night in the rain like the first one. I’ll wait for reviews cause I’m so-so right now after the trailer. 

Machine Gun Kelly Crow doesnt look appealing specially after the trailer.. 

Why call the guy Eric Draven? why not tie in to the older films, if there was a “franchise” where tie-ins were possible this was it….City of Angels implied a darker motive behind the Crows bringing people back… why not explore that??

Oh well at least its yet another reason to give the original and its underrated sequel another go round (Iggy is having a great time in City of Angels)… that 4K disc in May will be most welcome

Im guessing even the legacy of great soundtracks will also be broken as well.. oh well 2 films is still not bad

• True 1

Sorta tired of directors using women as rape/death props. I know it's the premise of the crow setup but it's sort of gratuitous and disgusting and not in a "oh because they want to show you how bad the bad guys are" way. It's almost fetishizing it for men. Baldy in Dune2 was doing the same shit and it's sort of a dated trope for horny men. 

• Confused 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:10 AM, SuperSpreader said:

Sorta tired of directors using women as rape/death props. I know it's the premise of the crow setup but it's sort of gratuitous and disgusting and not in a "oh because they want to show you how bad the bad guys are" way. It's almost fetishizing it for men. Baldy in Dune2 was doing the same shit and it's sort of a dated trope for horny men. 

True. What do they call the trope in comic books? Fridging or something? It's a thing, and it's been long identified as a sexist issue.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

This is less a revival because someone had a creative, and interesting vision, and more the studio owned the rights and wanted to use them, so they got a writer and director for hire. 

You just described like 99% of movie remakes :p 

• Halal 1