I think this NYT reporter wants Trump's yeti mushroom.

Mr. Trump, by contrast, does not appear to be suffering the effects of time in such visible ways. Mr. Trump often dyes his hair and appears unnaturally tan. He is heavyset and tall, and he uses his physicality to project strength in front of crowds. When he takes the stage at rallies, he basks in adulation for several minutes, dancing to an opening song, and then holds forth in speeches replete with macho rhetoric and bombast that typically last well over an hour, a display of stamina. 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Both Donald J. Trump and President Biden are over 75. But voters are much less likely to worry that Mr. Trump is too old to serve.

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I dunno, I think trump is clearly less affected by his age at this point than Biden. I honestly cringe whenever Biden is speaking because it's such a struggle for him. 

While Biden's advanced age more than likely plays a role, it's also probably exacerbated by the effort that he's making to control his stutter.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While Biden's advanced age more than likely plays a role, it's also probably exacerbated by the effort that he's making to control his stutter.

I'm aware of his stutter, and perhaps now that he has some decline he has to consciously attempt to reign it in more than before, but the difference in his speech 4-8 years ago vs now is night and day. 

Trump is a moron, I hope it's clear I despise that fascist, but he sounds pretty much the same as he did 8 years ago. Biden does not. 

8 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Biden does not.

This is the same man who told someone in a wheelchair to stand up for applause like 10 years ago. Biden has been a gaffe machine since like 1972, he's just in the spotlight more now. Does age make him do it a bit more? Maybe? But there's this weird notion (not talking about you, speaking in general) that all his gaffes are from his age and not Biden being... well, Biden.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

This is the same man who told someone in a wheelchair to stand up for applause like 10 years ago. Biden has been a gaffe machine since like 1972, he's just in the spotlight more now. Does age make him do it a bit more? Maybe? But there's this weird notion (not talking about you, speaking in general) that all his gaffes are from his age and not Biden being... well, Biden.

I'm not talking about gaffe's though. I'm talking about especially when he's trying to speak off the cuff, the cadence and struggle of his speech. 

I don't know how much cognitive decline Biden has obviously, but to the average dumbass who just watches the two of them in public, Trump absolutely seems like he has a better handle on things than Biden even if what Trump is saying is batshit insane. That's all I'm saying. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm aware of his stutter, and perhaps now that he has some decline he has to consciously attempt to reign it in more than before, but the difference in his speech 4-8 years ago vs now is night and day. 

Trump is a moron, I hope it's clear I despise that fascist, but he sounds pretty much the same as he did 8 years ago. Biden does not. 

I think perhaps what also clouds this is reverse-Patrick-Stewart-syndrome. Stewart looked 50 years old when he was 25, so he appears to have never aged. Trump has had the mental faculties of a 90-year old man since he was 50, so he appears to have not declined. In fact, Trump has always been worse than Biden in his critical thinking (probably all the STIs), it's just that he hit bottom so long ago that it's hard to notice.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm not talking about gaffe's though. I'm talking about especially when he's trying to speak off the cuff, the cadence and struggle of his speech. 

I don't know how much cognitive decline Biden has obviously, but to the average dumbass who just watches the two of them in public, Trump absolutely seems like he has a better handle on things than Biden even if what Trump is saying is batshit insane. That's all I'm saying. 

I’m not in denial about age affecting cognition, however, I do believe a chunk of his slowed more methodical speaking is him trying to control his stutter and it being more difficult for him to control than when he was younger. In regards to Trump, he’s worse now than he was when president IMO, his word slurring, his misremembering, his general body language is all worse to me; I think Trump is a man who barely ever experienced stress in his lifetime and with all the lawsuits/indictments he is now experiencing real stress for the first time, and it’s hitting him both visibly and mentally.

Biden should NOT be commander and chief of this country. He litteraly can't walk, speak, or think on his own. It's an utter joke he is president but you guys wanted him this badly. 

Trump is way ahead of Biden in cognitive ability and hasn't aged at all since the last vote. Anyone defending this is clearly a lefty nut. 

Now, I don't like Trump as a person nor do I want him president. Just clearing that up since I'll get attacked for saying this lol. 

• True 1
  • Wrong 4

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Biden should NOT be commander and chief of this country. He litteraly can't walk, speak, or think on his own. It's an utter joke he is president but you guys wanted him this badly. 

Trump is way ahead of Biden in cognitive ability and hasn't aged at all since the last vote. Anyone defending this is clearly a lefty nut. 

Now, I don't like Trump as a person nor do I want him president. Just clearing that up since I'll get attacked for saying this lol. 

I will take Biden’s disarticulated brain hooked up to a couple of electrodes over Trump. Did I “want him badly?” Hell no. 

But those are our choices. 

• Halal 1

I didn’t want Biden. I wanted not-Trump. I didn’t even get a real chance to vote for anyone else in the 2020 primary, because everyone else had dropped out by then. But at least he’s just a slow old man. I don’t have to worry about him starting nuclear war from Twitter while taking his morning dump. 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I didn’t want Biden. I wanted not-Trump. I didn’t even get a real chance to vote for anyone else in the 2020 primary, because everyone else had dropped out by then. But at least he’s just a slow old man. I don’t have to worry about him starting nuclear war from Twitter while taking his morning dump. 

It’s crazy how long trump’s presidency seems in my head vs Biden just cuz of how omnipresent Trump was. I wish we could transport everyone’s brains back to that nightmare for 5 mins just so we can all recall how exhausting it was and that we can choose to not do that shit again. 

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I will take Biden’s disarticulated brain hooked up to a couple of electrodes over Trump. Did I “want him badly?” Hell no. 

But those are our choices. 

Yea I understand. It will be very interesting what happens in November. 

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@CastlevaniaNut18 why didn't you react to Paperclyp's post which litteraly said the same thing I did? Got to love it! :sun:

I want to make clear that I am absolutely not saying what you said in your post. I have no idea which one is more cognitively in decline. I am (poorly) trying to say that to just anyone watching the two of them speak or respond to folks, Biden will appear more “in decline” whether it’s true or not. And I think that’s the general sentiment of the article posted as well. 

Trump is a moron. I want to be absolutely clear. Even at his peak he was an idiot and he is in no way qualified to run a Burger King much less the country. I remember things like him calling Tim Cook (I think it was) Tim Apple. In terms of gaffes he does 100x more of them than Biden in part because he never shuts the fuck up but also because he is a fucking moron. And did I mention he is a fascist. Like a literal fascist and is kinda proud of it? Well he is. If you support him then you are not in any way in support of anything this country is at least pretending to be about. I dunno do I need to go on. 

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea I understand. It will be very interesting what happens in November. 

Trump doesn't sound the same as he did when he ran in 2016. Putting aside his Nikki Haley/Nancy Pelosi gaffe (which I only bring up to hardcore Trump fans since, in general, I think young people mix up names without realizing it, as well), the motherfucker rambles on and on about nothing, with classic lines such as "We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on." 

Given that Trump couldn't get anything he wanted through besides a tax cut for the rich that exacerbated income inequality, I'm waiting for Biden's age to actually affect what he does.

Trump said he'd bring manufacturing back? Biden's the one who's actually been doing it.

Trump said he supports workers? Biden's the one who's actually made it easier to unionize and stood on a picket line in their defense, as well as negotiated paid leave for railway workers.

Trump said he'd pass an infrastructure bill? How'd that go?

And let's not talk about the far-right anti-abortion judges ripping rights away from women that Trump put on the court versus the pro-choice ones Biden did.

Ain't no woman should carry a baby to term if the baby is guaranteed to die. The trauma of that woman... and the trauma even AFTER the pregnancy (IIRC her body will continue producing breast milk as if the baby were still alive), are beyond life-changing.

This vote will be easy for me. When Biden's age actually matters in some way considering the amount he's gotten done versus Trump's slow, lethargic ass, let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Halal 4

Even if someone isn't ever going to vote for a Democrat, Trump has literally nothing going for him beyond vibes. That's it. His big campaign promises were building a wall along the entire southern border that Mexico would pay for (OLO), repealing Obamacare with something better (OLO), resolving the Israel / Palestine conflict (OLO), and a tax cut for the wealthy. That's a bad batting average, and the tax shit is you know... also bad.

Unless you've got a hard on for policies that specifically favor the wealthy, what does Trump bring to the table beyond the mere vibes of owning the libs? And if that's what gets you to the polls, just fucking own it, who cares. But get the fuck out of here with this concern about Biden's cognitive decline as if Trump's brain worms haven't been running the show since he was on The Apprentice, please.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Halal 3

All Trump is is a bully. He's not a politician in anyway. He is gross and completely ignorant. He did make me laugh on a few occasions when he was going against Hillary but it was just mean jabs. He's completely delusional and is never wrong. It can be comical. 

@Paperclyp I got ya. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

All Trump is is a bully. He's not a politician in anyway. He is gross and completely ignorant. He did make me laugh on a few occasions when he was going against Hillary but it was just mean jabs. He's completely delusional and is never wrong. It can be comical. 

@Paperclyp I got ya. 

He's gross and ignorant, but he's also ineffective at things that help anybody. At least Biden can take claim to the shit Trump pretended to care about but couldn't get done because he was a poor leader (infrastructure, workers). Trump's claim to fame is rigging the system for people like him, white nationalists in Charlottesville, a white nationalist kid in Wisconsin gunning people down, and an insurrection because he got emotional after losing in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

He's gross and ignorant, but he's also ineffective at things that help anybody. At least Biden can take claim to the shit Trump pretended to care about but couldn't get done because he was a poor leader (infrastructure, workers). Trump's claim to fame is rigging the system for people like him, white nationalists in Charlottesville, a white nationalist kid in Wisconsin gunning people down, and an insurrection because he got emotional after losing in 2020. 

I understand. Mainly my point was that even though Trump is out if his mind and losing some of his cognitive abilities, he is still better off mentally than Biden. That is saying much at all. 

Again, when it mattered most, Trump absolutely screwed this country and the world. 

The covid pandemic.

In an effort to undo everything Obama did, he disbanded the pandemic response because “it was a waste of money”. Guess what that did for us?

Biden? He’s done so much for this country in four years like @SaysWho?has shown us, but we’re so focused on his age that it keeps getting overlooked.

And on a personal level, I’ll vote for anyone who wiped out my student loans EASILY. Knowing Trump, he’ll disband the SAVE Act. And he screwed my grandpop’s company in Philly. So fuck him with an AIDS infected needle.

• True 1

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

Again, when it mattered most, Trump absolutely screwed this country and the world. 

The covid pandemic.

In an effort to undo everything Obama did, he disbanded the pandemic response because “it was a waste of money”. Guess what that did for us. 

Biden? He’s done so much for this country in four years like @SaysWho?has shown us, but we’re so focused on his age that it keeps getting overlooked.

And on a personal level, I’ll vote for anyone who wiped out my student loans EASILY. Knowing Trump, he’ll disband the SAVE Act. And he screwed my grandpop’s company in Philly. So fuck him with an AIDS infected needle.

A bit harsh with the aids comment but I agree with you overall. What's everyone's thoughts on Kamala Harris?

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

A bit harsh with the aids comment but I agree with you overall. What's everyone's thoughts on Kamala Harris?

He hired my grandpop’s company for work, then didn’t pay them when the bill came due. And his mishandling of Covid resulted in the deaths of some members of my family and friends.

And I couldn’t go near my own father for the last year of his life because I was afraid of giving him Covid. So I think my AIDS comment is pretty tame.

• Hugs 2

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

He hired my grandpop’s company for work, then didn’t pay them when the bill came due. And his mishandling of Covid resulted in the deaths of some members of my family and friends.

And I couldn’t go near my own father for the last year of his life because I was afraid of giving him Covid. So I think my AIDS comment is pretty tame.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather and family.