Chris Evans wraps up on Avengers 4

So I guess the question is: Legit sentiment about retiring from the character, or some sort of negotiating through social media for that Robert Downey Jr. payday?

37 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So I guess the question is: Legit sentiment about retiring from the character, or some sort of negotiating through social media for that Robert Downey Jr. payday?

He has seemed to be pretty consistent that he wants to do other things and mostly be behind the camera going forward.  My guess is that Bucky takes over at the end of Avengers 4.  I wouldn't be surprised if Stark calls it quits or is killed either.  If he survives he may become more of a Fury type character showing up for a few minutes in films and maybe being a lead in main line Avenger films only.  Thor seems to want to stick around so maybe they keep him.

• Guillotine 1

I can only see two ways that this ends satisfactorily:

1. Cap sacrifices himself to save everyone

2. Some time travel shenanigans and memory wipe allow Tony to place Steve back in 1945 so he can live his life out in peace with Carter.

You have to either kill him or erase his memory because it's just not believable that Steve Rogers would not keep fighting evil forever. I can see Tony Stark retiring and becoming a Nick Fury-type mentor (which is what I suspect will happen), but not Captain America. 

• Guillotine 1

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I can only see two ways that this ends satisfactorily:

1. Cap sacrifices himself to save everyone

2. Some time travel shenanigans and memory wipe allow Tony to place Steve back in 1945 so he can live his life out in peace with Carter.

You have to either kill him or erase his memory because it's just not believable that Steve Rogers would not keep fighting evil forever. I can see Tony Stark retiring and becoming a Nick Fury-type mentor (which is what I suspect will happen), but not Captain America. 

Your #2 wouldn't work because as you say Steve would keep fighting injustice and there was still plenty of injustice after 1945 and he could still be alive today regardless since we don't know how long the super serum will keep him alive. 

2 hours ago, legend said:

Losing Cap (should it happen) will be a gut punch for me :( 

It will be one of the few times I may truly feel hurt a fictional character is gone if that happens. I felt some feels for Logan, but Cap is my favorite character in the MCU and if he dies Chris Evans will sell the hell out of it I'm sure. 

The character truly represents what America should be and we need that now more than ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It will be one of the few times I may truly feel hurt a fictional character is gone if that happens. I felt some feels for Logan, but Cap is my favorite character in the MCU and if he dies Chris Evans will sell the hell out of it I'm sure. 

The character truly represents what America should be and we need that now more than ever. 

I agree entirely!

All of the original core is passing the mantle. That's plainly obvious based on exactly who they pared down with the Snap. One last ride with the old crew, and a proper send off without all of the tertiary characters needing to be focused on.

15 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah Evans is just so good in the role (and as a person too (he basically just IS Steve Rogers)), and Cap in these movies is such a beacon, and an inspiration of how good a person should be. I wish I were a bit more like him. 

We should all be more like Cap, and we're not, so no worries bru. He's an ideal that we all strive for but can't per se reach, but the point is in the trying - just like the American ideal. I also wish I was more like Cap.