What group of people is more annoying?

stepee

Between the two groups, which would you consider more annoying?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Between the two groups, which would you consider more annoying?

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There's no such thing as "overcooked" meat.

I'm a well done steak guy too (no I don't like steak) but meat can totally be overcooked, even beyond the well done state. Burnt meat can taste pretty bad.

You could also argue that all cooked meat is overcooked seeing as animal flesh wasn't made to be cooked. Well, assuming that there isn't some greater entity who placed animals on earth with the intent of humans hunting and cooking them as some science project.

• Like 1

I voted wrong because I'm a dumb-dumb, but in my day-to-day life, meat eaters are more annoying. No one where I live ever asks about religion, or if it comes up, no one really asks "oh REAAALLLY, YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?! HOW WEIRD!" People just leave religious people alone.

Meat eaters, on the other hand, it's like you can't even mention the word "vegan" around them having to want to have a whole conversation about it.

17 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Meat eaters, on the other hand, it's like you can't even mention the word "vegan" around them having to want to have a whole conversation about it.

WTF even is a meat eater? A regular human? Cuz like, I have never talked about vegans nor does anyone I know personally. This has to be an internet exclusive thing.

45 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I voted wrong because I'm a dumb-dumb, but in my day-to-day life, meat eaters are more annoying. No one where I live ever asks about religion, or if it comes up, no one really asks "oh REAAALLLY, YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?! HOW WEIRD!" People just leave religious people alone.

I eat meat now and I think it’s one of those things where unless you go through a period of not eating meat, you don’t experience how obnoxious people can be once they hear you don’t eat meat. It’s not something that’s like a super big deal, so the person dealing with it likely isn’t making a scene so nobody else notices it.

Thats my theory anyway because I don’t know how else people are always so surprised by this because it’s so constant. People can act so incredibly offended, even literally angry, and get incredibly pushy over just politely saying no to something because it has meat in it. I had someone straight harass me nonstop at a party once trying to force me to have a jello shot until the host had to tell them to fucking let it go.

54 minutes ago, stepee said:

I eat meat now and I think it’s one of those things where unless you go through a period of not eating meat, you don’t experience how obnoxious people can be once they hear you don’t eat meat. It’s not something that’s like a super big deal, so the person dealing with it likely isn’t making a scene so nobody else notices it.

I think you both have it backwards. People who eat meat never talk about it. While a Vegan will push it in your face any chance they get.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

I’m just speaking from experience when I didn’t eat meat. If you eat meat, you probably don’t experience as many people being annoying about it. I’ve also never actually met a vegetarian that is like that myself but I’m sure there are some. But I think it’s the blowback to that minority that made some meat eaters obnoxious about it.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I’m just speaking from experience when I didn’t eat meat. If you eat meat, you probably don’t experience as many people being annoying about it. I’ve also never actually met a vegetarian that is like that myself but I’m sure there are some. But I think it’s the blowback to that minority that made some meat eaters obnoxious about it.

I think the best way to go about it is not declare what you can eat just say it's something you can't eat. You won't get any shit for it.

For example we went to Chili's for my birthday a long time ago and my mom brought along her friend (who recently died of cancer I think) and she couldn't eat anything on the menu. I think she eventually just ordered a half of an avocado. But no one asked why and she was free to do what she wanted it. It was just a bummer she couldn't have anything to eat.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think the best way to go about it is not declare what you can eat just say it's something you can't eat. You won't get any shit for it.

For example we went to Chili's for my birthday a long time ago and my mom brought along her friend (who recently died of cancer I think) and she couldn't eat anything on the menu. I think she eventually just ordered a half of an avocado. But no one asked why and she was free to do what she wanted it. It was just a bummer she couldn't have anything to eat.

Yeah I’m just saying I have first hand experience of it being an annoying thing. It sounds like fizzle has as well. Like, I don’t know any vegetarians like people say are always talking about it, but I believe they exist.

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

meat eaters for sure. annoying as fuck 

I voted for atheists because I think they have more of a reputation for being militant (and I say this as a meat-eating atheist myself), but... I can actually see how meat-eaters would be especially annoying to a vegetarian/vegan since it's frequently assumed to be the "default position".