Nintendo Direct 9/14 7am PST, focus on Winter Switch games

crispy4000

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought this would be a lighter direct but they're really showing stuff off.

Sony is gonna have to bring it this afternoon.

it was pretty mid imo

I'm sure people are excited for TTYD but it's another mario rpg remake

53 minutes ago, Brian said:

Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remake

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

I'm less jazzed about it than the Super Mario RPG one.  TTYD is great, but this doesn't look that much better than what it was.  Its probably less in need of a remake than the first Paper Mario.

48 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

In fairness, TTYD is also the best Mario RPG.

I go back and forth between it and Super Mario RPG.  I love TTYD's slight-Metroidvania approach, and how bonkers it gets by the end.  The Cave of 100 trails is one of the best optional challenges in a Nintendo game.  But Super Mario RPG wins in the hidden easter eggs and secrets department.

4 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I go back and forth between it and Super Mario RPG.  I love TTYD's slight-Metroidvania approach, and how bonkers it gets by the end.  The Cave of 100 trails as well is one of the best optional challenges in a Nintendo game.  But Super Mario RPG wins in the hidden easter eggs and secrets department.

The Top 3 best Mario RPG games are: 

Superstar Saga

Thousand Year Door

Legend of the Seven Stars

In that order. (IMO)

TTYD is one of the best games of all time and it’s been long enough since I last played it that I’m quite excited for that! A bit close to Super Mario RPG but I’ll make do.

I like the Mario vs DK remake because I always HATED how the original looked so can’t think of anything better to remake. That shitty poor man’s dkc rendered look they did with some stuff during the gba era was so bad. I do always wish it was a sequel to Donkey Kong 94 whenever this franchise shows up but at least it’s not one of the ones where it’s more lemmings.

Princess Peach certainly seems interesting - I wonder if it plays like a metroidvania? Having different costumes is a lot better than using her emotions like Super Princess Peach. It looks fun and has great style.

Fzero99…it’s nice to see Nintendo at least remembers the franchise exists!

Other good stuff we knew about too like Detective Pikachu 2 and Mario RPG, the Switch is going to end strong.

Main disappointment here is that the Splatoon 3 single player expansion is rogue lite :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I like the Mario vs DK remake because I always HATED how the original looked so can’t think of anything better to remake. That shitty poor man’s dkc rendered look they did with some stuff during the gba era was so bad. I do always wish it was a sequel to Donkey Kong 94 whenever this franchise shows up but at least it’s not one of the ones where it’s more lemmings.

I'm totally with you on that.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Main disappointment here is that the Splatoon 3 single player expansion is rogue lite :/

But not on that.  Splatoon's been dead to me since Nintendo rolled out pay-to-play online.  But this is the kind of thing I could see myself picking it up for bargain bin someday... if they ever release a complete edition.

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Any Switch 2 news?

I can't possibly see Nintendo announce anything Switch 2 related this year and undercut Switch Christmas sales. They were fine doing that with the Wii U only because me and like three other people owned Wii Us. Not the same situation with the Switch.