Turning 33

Fizzzzle

I remember when I turned 23, I was like "fuck

... I'm IN my 20's now, I'm not just a teenager with bonus points, I need to get my shit together."

Turning 33 I'm like "fuck... I'm IN my 30's now, I'm no longer a young adult by any definition, I need to get my shit together."

My shit togetheredness has definitely improved compared to where I was 10 years ago, but at this point I'm not sure I'll ever have my shit together in any way that feels acceptable to me.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Remember you are only as old as your hands look

My hands are kind of rough. Not like a carpenter, but lots of callouses. My fingerprint ID on my laptop doesn't work like half the time.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You could always attempt to emulate Jesus Christ and Alexander the Great!

It's not too late. How old was Alexander? I thought he was under 30 when he died. We don't really know for sure how old Jesus was, but probably like 32.

It's actually kind of crazy that we know so much more about Alexander than we know about Jesus.

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

My hands are kind of rough. Not like a carpenter, but lots of callouses. My fingerprint ID on my laptop doesn't work like half the time.

It's not too late. How old was Alexander? I thought he was under 30 when he died. We don't really know for sure how old Jesus was, but probably like 32.

It's actually kind of crazy that we know so much more about Alexander than we know about Jesus.

Both the Christ and the Great were around 32/33 when they died.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Game said:

What exactly do you mean by get your shit together? What's not together?

Like... I do okay money-wise, but when I really think about it, it wouldn't take THAT much to go wrong before I'd have to move back in with my dad. And my dad is 73, his clock is ticking. He's at the age where random aneurysms or blood clots can just kind of happen. Or cancer.

54 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Alexander did it on his own

Jesus was the little bitch who cried for daddy and required unknown amounts of people.

I mean Alexander also relied on daddy.

I don't know if I'll ever write a book, but if I did I think it would be about the history of how Christianity was weaponized against the poor to keep them from rebelling. Christians were persecuted for hundreds of years under the Romans (as were the Jews) because the people in power didn't like that Christians had a "higher power." Can't be loyal to the emperor if you've devoted your life to some other guy because you believe (for some reason) that your earthly body doesn't matter and your eternal life in heaven is the only thing you care about.

Then they were like "wait.... what if WE ALLIED OURSELVES WITH GOD?!?! Then we can oppress people all we want and they'll go along with it because it will help their eternal soul or whatever!"

Christianity would have died in its infancy like most other monotheistic religions if the Roman elite hadn't figured out how to weaponize it against the poor.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SUFFER, YOU LITTLE BITCH. GIVE US ALL OF YOUR MONEY. AND NO, YOU CAN'T OWN LAND UNLESS YOU ALREADY DO, WE DECIDED. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, YOUR ETERNAL SOUL IS SAVED OR WHATEVER."

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Turning 33 I'm like "fuck... I'm IN my 30's now, I'm no longer a young adult by any definition

You’re still a young adult, you’ll realize this when you’re 53 like me. 33 seems like ages ago. I often forget just how young a lot of you here are, I’ve known a good amount of you since the old IGN days and I didn’t realize that many of you were just teens at the time.

48 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

You’re still a young adult, you’ll realize this when you’re 53 like me. 33 seems like ages ago. I often forget just how young a lot of you here are, I’ve known a good amount of you since the old IGN days and I didn’t realize that many of you were just teens at the time.

I'm not young, you're just old.

My mom died at 60, my grandparents all died in their 70's (I think one of them might have made it to 81). If we're basing things on statistics, I'm almost halfway through my expected life span.

That's kind of wild to think about in its own right. Of all the shit I've been through, I'm only halfway there. I most likely have more life to experience than I have experienced so far. That is both comforting and terrifying depending on how I look at it.

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean Alexander also relied on daddy.

I don't know if I'll ever write a book, but if I did I think it would be about the history of how Christianity was weaponized against the poor to keep them from rebelling. Christians were persecuted for hundreds of years under the Romans (as were the Jews) because the people in power didn't like that Christians had a "higher power." Can't be loyal to the emperor if you've devoted your life to some other guy because you believe (for some reason) that your earthly body doesn't matter and your eternal life in heaven is the only thing you care about.

Then they were like "wait.... what if WE ALLIED OURSELVES WITH GOD?!?! Then we can oppress people all we want and they'll go along with it because it will help their eternal soul or whatever!"

Christianity would have died in its infancy like most other monotheistic religions if the Roman elite hadn't figured out how to weaponize it against the poor.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SUFFER, YOU LITTLE BITCH. GIVE US ALL OF YOUR MONEY. AND NO, YOU CAN'T OWN LAND UNLESS YOU ALREADY DO, WE DECIDED. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, YOUR ETERNAL SOUL IS SAVED OR WHATEVER."

So Alexander needed Phillip and an army of like 40k

jeebus needed: the apostles, Paul, Constantine, the whole ass Roman Empire, the saints, millions of invaders to do the same

Who is the real god

5 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I turned 36 back in March. Aside from randomly hurting my shoulder (nothing too bad) I haven't really noticed anything aging-related yet.

I didn’t really start experiencing anything aging-related until my late 40s.

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm not young, you're just old.

My mom died at 60, my grandparents all died in their 70's (I think one of them might have made it to 81). If we're basing things on statistics, I'm almost halfway through my expected life span.

I still think that 33 is considered somewhat young, it’s your 40s when you’re not considered young anymore. And I don’t really consider myself old, but definitely older. However, part of that’s because I’ve always had a somewhat youthful look and personality. People thought that I was in my 20s when I was in my 30s, in my 30s when I was in my 40s and now in my 40s when I’m in my 50s. But unfortunately my health doesn’t match my appearance since I developed diabetes a few years back, and I’m a recent below the knee amputee. I’m taking better care of my health now, but I still don’t think that I’m going to reach a ripe old age.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

14 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I remember when I turned 23, I was like "fuck

... I'm IN my 20's now, I'm not just a teenager with bonus points, I need to get my shit together."

Turning 33 I'm like "fuck... I'm IN my 30's now, I'm no longer a young adult by any definition, I need to get my shit together."

My shit togetheredness has definitely improved compared to where I was 10 years ago, but at this point I'm not sure I'll ever have my shit together in any way that feels acceptable to me.

I'm 43 in a month from today be prepared for your metabolism to go to shit :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Sex drive, too. Unless that's a "me" issue. :s

I didn't back then I may have lost a tiny amount of sex drive recently... however considering the last time I was over to see my SO I was all over her 3 times a day if I have lost a little that's probably a good thing :lol:

12 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I didn't back then I may have lost a tiny amount of sex drive recently... however considering the last time I was over to see my SO I was all over her 3 times a day if I have lost a little that's probably a good thing :lol:

Haha. You go, boy. 

Just now, Jason said:

I'm turning 35 next month, my weight has a history of going up and down but I'm feeling this being the hardest time I've had losing weight (trying to get rid of my COVID pounds).

Stop eating like I did. I lost 19lbs in two weeks. I just drank glasses of milk which gives you all the nourishment you need. 

It's a terrible "diet" but gets the job done. 

Really the trick is to just figure you are about five years younger than you are. I find as you get older and start getting age regret, just five years younger seems like it would be enough to feel young, but not so far back you end up stuck with peter pan syndrome.

It’s an easy enough mind game. Just figure like even ten years, you might live to 80 and someone 22 today might live to 70 so you are about the same age in most ways that matter.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Really the trick is to just figure you are about five years younger than you are. I find as you get older and start getting age regret, just five years younger seems like it would be enough to feel young, but not so far back you end up stuck with peter pan syndrome.

It’s an easy enough mind game. Just figure like even ten years, you might live to 80 and someone 22 today might live to 70 so you are about the same age in most ways that matter.

The trick is to bang 18-25 yo women, always made me feel young.

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I used to say that to Andrea all the time and she called me a pervert. Stating that age group is way too young and I'm a creep. 

Oh im at the age where im beginning to question for sure, but there are enough girls out there who like old guys. And as long as they want it there are no issues. Their desires matter too, only something women say when they realize certain things. 

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

I said while avoiding peter pan syndrome :P

Hey, they read at a senior level!

I was, let’s call it dating, this 19 yo a few years ago who worked at a fucking McDonald’s. She told me, “you look like a really hot dad” so no Peter Pan here thanks