Turning 33

Fizzzzle

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

Oh im at the age where im beginning to question for sure, but there are enough girls out there who like old guys. And as long as they want it there are no issues. Their desires matter too, only something women say when they realize certain things. 

Hey, they read at a senior level!

I was, let’s call it dating, this 19 yo a few years ago who worked at a fucking McDonald’s. She told me, “you look like a really hot dad” so no Peter Pan here thanks 

If you look like a hot Dad that means now you have to become one, no takesies backsies!

I'll be 40 this year. I'm kind of looking forward to it so that it stops hanging over my head. It will be done and then I can move on.

I realize this is a very CS-centric perspective, but I do think the significant digits of binary correspond to more meaningful landmark ages in human life than decimal digit flips, and I do try to remember that.

1 -> When you turn one, this is pretty significant relative to being born.

2 -> Yet again, very significant. We call it the terrible twos for a reason.

4-> Your language is readily understandable by adults other than your parents and you have some meaningful mobility much to the peril of your parents.

8 -> You've got some big boy/girl pants now. Probably an opinion or two that isn't utterly worthless too.

16 -> Most of your meaningful physical development is finished or nearly finished. We'll even give you some responsibility and you really want for your own independence at this point. You're pretty ignorant about the world though and struggle to make it on your own.

32 -> You're a practiced adult at this point. Your prime as a person has begun.

64 -> You're now an older adult dealing with the perils of age at an ever accelerating rate, but you do still have life left and you hopefully have a lot of wisdom and experience to show for it.

Not sure anyone has ever made it to the next one: 128. But if they have, it's significant in that everyone is marveling at how you're still alive.

From this ordering, 40 isn't really all that special. If I had to add one more milestone, I'd probably make it 24, which is still pretty close to meaningful changes in binary: 11000

It does, however, mean that 33 lines up pretty well with the 32 milestone! But maybe you should think of it as already passed in that case!

• Halal 1

I don't have a problem with weight, but I do find that my face gets fatter. It makes sense - my face is starting to look more like my dad's. But my dad was 40 when I was born. I never knew him when he was young and handsome (he's still handsome, just not the young part)

My cheeks used to have a concave (or convex? I can't remember the difference), now it seems like my face is a blob.