~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

15 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The one thing I'd caution is 2014 had very low turnout, so it's easier to increase youth turnout from there when the bar is so low.

That said, nothing wrong with those numbers.

Its a significant raw number too, this is likely going to completely shift the mid term.  Its also not just the 19-29 thats up, 30-39 is up everywhere as well, and since the GOP has a larger percentage of its voters vote in midterms than Dems we're likely seeing a lot of the GOP early vote cannibalizing their ED vote.  

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its a significant raw number too, this is likely going to completely shift the mid term.  Its also not just the 19-29 thats up, 30-39 is up everywhere as well, and since the GOP has a larger percentage of its voters vote in midterms than Dems we're likely seeing a lot of the GOP early vote cannibalizing their ED vote.  

It's just not given any context. I'd like to believe all the numbers are great and the polls aren't picking up on them (and that could be the case), but it doesn't give it context to what those states' youth early vote was like in 2014 compared to other age groups and how it compares to 2016.

I just don't like using early vote as an indicator, and I wish Florida's were higher (unless, of course, youth turnout was higher than those other states in 2014 and it had less to go). It's all about context.

By themselves, there's nothing wrong with the numbers. I'm just extra cautious after the last two cycles to get excited about early vote totals. :p 

Better way to put it: we're pretty good at doing early vote prognostication in Nevada and Arizona. We haven't really figured out how to do it with other states yet.

It's still worthwhile information because one of the biggest things is how many first-time voters and non-likely voters Democrats could inspire to vote this year. That's what I'm hoping Gillum is doing.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

It's just not given any context. I'd like to believe all the numbers are great and the polls aren't picking up on them (and that could be the case), but it doesn't give it context to what those states' youth early vote was like in 2014 compared to other age groups and how it compares to 2016.

I just don't like using early vote as an indicator, and I wish Florida's were higher (unless, of course, youth turnout was higher than those other states in 2014 and it had less to go). It's all about context.

By themselves, there's nothing wrong with the numbers. I'm just extra cautious after the last two cycles to get excited about early vote totals. :p 

IjNAZBE.gif

Heres Ralston's final NV estimate. NV also surpassed 2014s total vote with just its EV.

RATINGS BASED ON EARLY/MAIL NUMBERS:

U.S. Senate: Slight lean D

Gov: Slight lean D

—If Dean Heller and Jacky Rosen are holding 90 percent of their bases and getting 5 percent of the other’s and each is getting 45 percent of indies: Rosen is ahead by nearly 20,000 votes, or 3.1 percent..

—If they are at 90-5 with the bases and Heller is ahead by 50-45 with indies: He is losing by almost 13,000 votes, or 2.1 percent.

—If they are at 90-5 with the bases and Rosen is ahead by 50-45 with indies: She is ahead by more than 26,000 votes, or 4.2 percent.

—If they are at 90-5 with the bases and Heller is ahead by 50-40 with indies: He is losing by 5,500 votes, or about 1 percent.

—If they are at 90-5 with the bases and Rosen is ahead by 50-40 with indies: She is ahead by almost 32,000 votes, or 5 percent.

So you see how well Heller will need to do on Election Day, unless he is ahead with indies by a lot.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

He has the real issues at heart.

So "super long line" = bigger than Obama's? 

I'm not saying that very white line of people is not larger than any crowd Obama drew in Montana, but that tweet isn't making any comparison claims at all. 

Though it really does look like the entire population of Montana is in one location there. We can start a final solution with minimal effort. 

23 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So "super long line" = bigger than Obama's? 

I'm not saying that very white line of people is not larger than any crowd Obama drew in Montana, but that tweet isn't making any comparison claims at all. 

Though it really does look like the entire population of Montana is in one location there. We can start a final solution with minimal effort. 

Lines and crowds are obviously a euphemism for dick and balls.

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

He has the real issues at heart.

If things don't go belly up, and we win at least the House on Tuesday, Trump makes it damn hard not to be a sore winner.

His obsession with winning being the only thing that matters makes it hard not to do a victory lap on the takeover being rooted in how many tens of millions of people Trump inspired to loath him with a fiery, burning passion ( @ort ).