Super Mario Bros. Wonder | New Sidescrolling Mario Game - Nintendo reports 4.3 million units sold in two weeks (fastest-selling Mario game ever)

Keyser_Soze

I just found a Sonic-inspired level in the Magma world, awesome

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't normally kink shame, but... :raisedbrow:

I like big trunks and I cannot lie

Those Mario Bros can't deny

When the Princess walks in as an itty bitty Peach

And jumps on that powerup with her feet

You get sprung

The mushroom makes you tough

'Cause you notice that trunk was stuffed

With water from the pipes emerging

Those Daisies aren't the only thing that's growing

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

One mechanic I do not like in the recent 2D Marios is the number of holes or pits or whatever you all call them that normally result in insta death if you fall in them that are ah ha actually a secret path. They telegraph some of them well enough, but there are some that you think, OK I see an item close by it would make sense that maybe this is a secret and yet, nope, just a normal pit and I'm dead. 

That is my only complaint with the game so far. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

One mechanic I do not like in the recent 2D Marios is the number of holes or pits or whatever you all call them that normally result in insta death if you fall in them that are ah ha actually a secret path. They telegraph some of them well enough, but there are some that you think, OK I see an item close by it would make sense that maybe this is a secret and yet, nope, just a normal pit and I'm dead. 

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. Oh, look, there's a pit that would be very difficult to fall in, during normal game play, it must be a cool secret area! Then I jump in and die. 

7 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

It's not like you don't have 50x Mario lives lol.

Damn, this game is good. I think I'll couch my previous statement and say I'll 100% the levels. I just 100% every world, beat Bowser, and unblocked the last post-game level. However, I have zero desire to unlock all the standees. That can be left for those more dedicated than I. That is, unless another level is unlocked when you get all the standees, but I somehow doubt that. I have 95 standees and I think I'm good there.

10 hours ago, stepee said:

What’s considered 100%ing - the purple “10’s”, top of the flag, and the main emblem/s?

I would consider what I'm going for as 100%. Checks on all the world's/levels saying their complete, so that's top of all flag poles, all wonder seeds, and all 10 coins. However, I'd include all badges in there as the final special stage level doesn't have any wonder seeds, 10 coins, or flag pole. Rather, just completing the level gives you the final badge in the game.

I'm sure there are some that want to go full 144/144 on the standees, but I'll pass. I don't really wanna to grind for purple coins.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I would consider what I'm going for as 100%. Checks on all the world's/levels saying their complete, so that's top of all flag poles, all wonder seeds, and all 10 coins. However, I'd include all badges in there as the final special stage level doesn't have any wonder seeds, 10 coins, or flag pole. Rather, just completing the level gives you the final badge in the game.

I'm sure there are some that want to go full 144/144 on the standees, but I'll pass. I don't really wanna to grind for purple coins.

The categories you laid out don’t guarantee a green check on every level. I think some need secrets exits or something to achieve a completion check mark. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

The categories you laid out don’t guarantee a green check on every level. I think some need secrets exits or something to achieve a completion check mark. 

Secret exits give you wonder seeds. If you're missing a secret exit, you'll be missing a wonder seed.

7 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Secret exits give you wonder seeds. If you're missing a secret exit, you'll be missing a wonder seed.

Do all the levels tell you how many seeds there are from the jump? Cuz I have a level where I’ve gotten all the coins, got the flag pole, gotten all the seeds it says there are, no check mark received.

41 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Do all the levels tell you how many seeds there are from the jump? Cuz I have a level where I’ve gotten all the coins, got the flag pole, gotten all the seeds it says there are, no check mark received.

No, it'll only tell you how many not secret seeds there are. If you complete a level and get 2 seeds, 3 coins, and flag pole but don't have the checkmark then you're still missing the third, secret seed. No level has more than 3 seeds. Also, no level that has only 1 advertised seed has a second.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, johnny said:

how does the online work? the search parties are hard and was thinking of trying online for those. 

You just activate online from that signal thing on every course and then it connects you. It will pair up with up to three other people on your levels but they will just be ghosts playing at the same time as you, it doesn’t interrupt your actual play. But if you die they can try to save you, and vise versa. It’s kind of a souls like thing but even more passive and super chill.

31 minutes ago, johnny said:

how does the online work? the search parties are hard and was thinking of trying online for those. 

They are ghosts in your world. If you die, they can resurrect you either by touching your or by their standee. It’s non-invasive.  

On some of the more challenging platforming levels, I have definitely bonded with a player or two who was struggling like me. It took a while for me to get through a certain section and the person sat at the end waiting for me. It’s was a cool moment. 

• Hugs 1

Had the most wonderful thing happen, the rubber on my left analog stick on my default joycon on my oled finally gave out the other day. So I was able to get one last set of joycons before the switch2. Got this easter light pink/green that i’m quite fond of.

Oh yeah these ones:

Joy-Con (L)/(R) - Pastel Purple/Pastel Green

A.CO

I love those soft neons.

• Like 1

once again HUGE thank you to @stepeefor hooking me up with this game. 

i’ve been playing it a lot and have almost all of the purple coins in all of the levels minus special world. kinda saving those for last. this game has been a TON of fun. i’d love to see a little more voiceover in the next mario. the little flower guys were so cute. 

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Just played a level in World 2 where 

Reveal hidden contents

You know, thinking back, the most memorable level in Mario Odyssey was the New Donk City celebration with Pauline singing. So this level in Mario Wonder, the piranha parade, and a few others made me realize that I really like musical Mario.

I really hope we see more of this in the future.