Nintendo Direct 6/21 - 7am PT / 10am ET, Switch 2023 titles (Pikmin 4, etc)

crispy4000

• crispy4000 changed the title to Nintendo Direct 6/21 - 7am PT / 10am ET, Switch 2023 titles (Pikmin 4, etc)

I got excited because I saw Pikmin 4 from the side of my eye, and I thought it said new information on Prime 4. Alas. Maybe they'll still surprise us with it. I'd also love them to remaster 2 and 3 after how great 1 turned out. 

46 minutes ago, Brick said:

I got excited because I saw Pikmin 4 from the side of my eye, and I thought it said new information on Prime 4. Alas. Maybe they'll still surprise us with it. I'd also love them to remaster 2 and 3 after how great 1 turned out. 

I loved Metroid Prime so much more than I expected and would buy MP2 in a heart beat. We are due a few surprise, coming in three weeks, announcements. 

36 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I loved Metroid Prime so much more than I expected and would buy MP2 in a heart beat. We are due a few surprise, coming in three weeks, announcements. 

I know the current rumour is that they're just going to port over 2 and 3 as an HD bundle, but man that would be such a wasted opportunity. I really do want them both to get the remastered treatment. 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

The rumor is that they announce a new 2D Mario coming this year at this event. The rumor said there would be a new direct this week and also I believe they called the recent  Sonic launch. 2023 going for official GOAT status?

I heard a rumor they were gonna put it in your butt. No wait, that was fact. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

The rumor is that they announce a new 2D Mario coming this year at this event. The rumor said there would be a new direct this week and also I believe they called the recent  Sonic launch. 2023 going for official GOAT status?

I would welcome a new 2D Mario as long as it isn't one of those NEW Super Mario Bros. games as those play things too safe. Give me a new 2D Mario with the ingenuity, and creativity of something like Donkey Kong County Tropical Freeze. 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I would welcome a new 2D Mario as long as it isn't one of those NEW Super Mario Bros. games as those play things too safe. Give me a new 2D Mario with the ingenuity, and creativity of something like Donkey Kong County Tropical Freeze. 

I’m not and never have been a fan of the NSMB aesthetic style and the first three games are just okay (but they are still good platformers if not up to Mario standards) but I’d say U is a better platformer than DKCT and  it’s biggest fault is simply that the other three games came out first. If it was only U+Luigi that ever released I think it would be considered simply one of the best 2D platformers, period. It’s a fantastic game. 

That said I don’t want U2 either because the style is worn. Apparently the new Sonic game uses the Mania physics in the 3D engine now. I’d like to see them get the Mario world physics in a game engine that could make 3D models that looked hand drawn like the characters in Guilty Gear Strive done up like the late 80s/early 90s art.

Mario World physics but have it literally look exactly like 

61RrwLn4qeL.jpg

Add a Mario World like map and bring the cape power up back and call it Super Mario Bros 5 and I’d probably cry

• Halal 1

2D Mario

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

I give up. Odyssey sells 25 million copies. Bowser’s Fury carries that subpar 2D/3D world to relevance.  You create a weird 3D collection of Mario games and fucking Disney vault them after 7 months. The hate Nintendo has for 3D Mario is fucking insane. 2D Mario peaked with the power glove. It’s time for you to move on Nintendo. #Ban2DMario

• Guillotine 1

I want both 2D Mario and 3D Mario releases at a more frequent rate. A 2D entry this year and a 3d entry next year would work for me. They have done two Mario games within a year before, it just seems weird since they combined their platforms. 

I don’t know what the proper rate for Mario games is, I’m thinking I’d like to see it alternate and every two years you get one of the forms of mainline Mario. Maybe that’s too much, idk, but I know the proper ratio is a lot more than we’ve been getting.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if it’s enough time but keep in mind that would be every 4 years to release, I would assume different teams would do each in this scenario. That doesn’t really seem that outlandish for a platformer. Maybe 4 is good, mayyybe 5, maybe 3 if it’s just an expansion style direct sequel, but I don’t want to wait 6 years for each 3D entry.

If it meant more consistent Mario platforming games I could also be okay I suppose with:

2D Mario 2023

Sunshine/64/Odd style 3D Mario 2025

3D World Mario 2027

2D Mario 2029

Sunshihe/64/Odd style 3D Mario 2031

3D World Mario 2033

etc

Edit: I would normally be okay with that schedule I mean, now since it’s been so long if 3D Mario doesn’t come out next year I’m going to fucking SCREAM

Mario RPG is a day one. Wanna see more of the Peach game. I feel like I’ll end up getting the Luigi’s Mansion port because I love that series so much. I’ve still not played a Pikmin game, even though I own them all. I may get the first two on Switch now, so that’s really cool. I almost never skip a Dragon Quest game. 

AND A NEW 2D MARIO, OMFG, YESSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1