Ubisoft is Bankrupt

Brian

Of ideas!

Michael Buble Gotcha GIF by bubly

assassins-creed-mirage-f.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

The company has at least six new entries in the long-running series in development…

6 assassin creed games in development. 40% increase in headcount. It really does feel like Ubisoft is down to one large IP.  

Maybe Skull & Bones can save them 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Eventually each and every one of us will be working on Assassin's Creed.

Hell, we're probably working on it already and simply aren't aware of it!

I'm waiting for a Kickstarter expansion of an AC board game to pop, so I am objectively part of the problem here.

Also...

47 minutes ago, Brian said:

Of ideas!

Michael Buble Gotcha GIF by bubly

I was going to say morals before I clicked the thread, wo well played.

Hard to disagree with the OP. Pretty much all Ubi games are the same: Big open maps that act as a checklist and usually get boring way before their narrative wraps up...

Far Cry 3 created the mold and was the last truly good Far Cry game.

AC rebooted itself and is the same game re-skinned since origins.

Watch Dogs hasn't ever really been good.

Their 1 unique(ish) game has been Fenyx.

• True 1

19 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Hard to disagree with the OP. Pretty much all Ubi games are the same: Big open maps that act as a checklist and usually get boring way before their narrative wraps up...

Watch Dogs hasn't ever really been good.

Their 1 unique(ish) game has been Fenyx.

Recognize that they may just not be to your taste, and move on.

I’m fine with AC continuing to sprawl but they need to bring back the mechanic from Bro where I can cultivate a squad of assassins who will magically leap from rooftops and out of shrubs to merc people when I snap my fingers as I slowly pimp walk down the street.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Eventually each and every one of us will be working on Assassin's Creed.

Hell, we're probably working on it already and simply aren't aware of it!

I could get in on that grift, hook me up with some remote work and I'll do something for Assassin's Creed!

• Halal 1

Actually @Commissar SFLUFAN get Yves Guillemont on the phone I just came up for an idea for an Assassin's Creed game.

Check this out:

In this Assassin's Creed, the assassin stuff happens in a very distant future, think space and different planets and stuff (you know to kill the space pope)

BUT (this is the twist)

Somehow all of the Animus stuff takes place in the PAST! :o

Winner Check GIF by Publishers Clearing House

• Shocked 1

18 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Ubi is out of ideas but we want MS to buy ABK so that we can keep getting the COD we've been getting! 

Actually the hope is if MS buys ABK the yearly COD release goes away and we get to see some other Activision IP's return.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, Dexterryu said:

Far Cry 6 is really good, it’s the best in the series since Far Cry 3 IMO.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, Dexterryu said:

While Assassin’s Creed Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla all have similar design structures, they still feel fairly distinct from each other. Odyssey is the best of the three IMO, it’s one of my all-time favorite games.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You mean, more crappy remakes of Tony Hawk.  Or, perhaps Guitar Hero, Cabela's Hunting or Skylanders?

The most recent Tony Hawk 1/2 remake is amazing but THPS3 is GOAT, so that definitely needs to happen yes!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

The most recent Tony Hawk 1/2 remake is amazing but THPS3 is GOAT, so that definitely needs to happen yes!

If MS buys Actilizzard, I am sure you will get what you want!  Old games with new graphics is the perfect way to fill up a subscription service! 

• True 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:58 PM, Kal-El814 said:

I’m fine with AC continuing to sprawl but they need to bring back the mechanic from Bro where I can cultivate a squad of assassins who will magically leap from rooftops and out of shrubs to merc people when I snap my fingers as I slowly pimp walk down the street.

resetera-brandmark.png?_v=92b3d4c7
WWW.RESETERA.COM

Credit to reddit for this. Seems someone broke embargo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buS97fWv6GE -Estimated release date is october 12 -The game...

Rumor is that feature might be back!

• Hugs 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:54 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Recognize that they may just not be to your taste, and move on.

I'm not saying that they are bad. They are just the EA sports of their genre's. You're buying the same game reskinned, which is why they catch flack. 

On 5/17/2023 at 3:00 PM, Phaseknox said:

Far Cry 6 is really good, it’s the best in the series since Far Cry 3 IMO.

While Assassin’s Creed Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla all have similar design structures, they still feel fairly distinct from each other. Odyssey is the best of the three IMO, it’s one of my all-time favorite games.

I really tried to like Far Cry 6, but didn't find story or characters to pull me in... which is why the same gameplay loop since FC3 got boring for me and I ended up quitting. As for AC, I played and liked all of them... but with each one I was ready to be done with before the stories finished because they just got a little too repetitive.

13 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

I'm not saying that they are bad. They are just the EA sports of their genre's. You're buying the same game reskinned, which is why they catch flack.

While I get what you’re saying and agree with you to a certain extent, Ubisoft games definitely aren’t as much of reskins as EA Sports games are which are quite literally the same exact games with minor additions/changes made to them.

14 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

I really tried to like Far Cry 6, but didn't find story or characters to pull me in... which is why the same gameplay loop since FC3 got boring for me and I ended up quitting. As for AC, I played and liked all of them... but with each one I was ready to be done with before the stories finished because they just got a little too repetitive.

The story and characters were part of the reason why I enjoyed Far Cry 6 so much, they were a lot better than the stories and characters in Far Cry 4, 5 and New Dawn IMO. Playing as silent protagonists in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn really hurt the immersion factor in those games for me, I hate playing as silent protagonists in games.

As for the latest Assassin’s Creed games I somewhat agree with you when it comes to Origins and Valhalla, but not Odyssey. I could play that game forever, I absolutely love Kassandra and the adventures that she goes on.

3 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

While I get what you’re saying and agree with you to a certain extent, Ubisoft games definitely aren’t as much of reskins as EA Sports games are which are quite literally the same exact games with minor additions/changes made to them.

The story and characters were part of the reason why I enjoyed Far Cry 6 so much, they were a lot better than the stories and characters in Far Cry 4, 5 and New Dawn IMO. Playing as silent protagonists in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn really hurt the immersion factor in those games for me, I hate playing as silent protagonists in games.

As for the latest Assassin’s Creed games I somewhat agree with you when it comes to Origins and Valhalla, but not Odyssey. I could play that game forever, I absolutely love Kassandra and the adventures that she goes on.

For the first part, I kind of feel like they are the same game play loop (across several genre's)... big open map with lots of things to collect. Scattered "strongholds" for you to take down and claim territory, specific NPCs with quests in each area... one of which will betray you at some point, wrapping up with one "charismatic" bad guy that everyone teams up to bring down at the end.

FC3 was the best of the FCs for me. It had characters that found a way to make you care about them. They were your characters friends, not random people your character gets to know and become trusted buddies with the second they meet (basically why FC4-6 feel hollow to me). It's the only thing that didn't feel like it was trying to copy something going on in pop culture.

Odyssey and Valhalla were close for me. The #1 thing that turned me off on Odyssey is the quest design that seemed to want to send me as far away as possible and make me steer a ship for 15-20 minutes at a time if I wasn't fortunate enough the have a fast travel unlocked.

8 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Fenyx rising was an obvious BotW rip off but it was a very fun game, wish they'd make more of those. They also should've stuck with the original title (Gods & Monsters iirc)

As I stated earlier, they are working on a sequel. They couldn't call it Gods & Monsters because of a trademark dispute with Monster Energy (who like to go after anything with Monster in the title)

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As I stated earlier, they are working on a sequel. They couldn't call it Gods & Monsters because of a trademark dispute with Monster Energy (who like to go after anything with Monster in the title)

🤣 seriously? Fuck Monster cough medicine tasting bullshit. Glad they're making another though will definitely pick it up.