RIP in Peace, Bed Bath & Beyond (20% discount coupons valid through Tuesday)

230106122031-bed-bath-and-beyond-coupon.
WWW.CNN.COM

Bed Bath & Beyond coupon shoppers take note: If you have a stash of its big blue 20% off coupons in your drawer or in your inbox, better plan to use them soon.

After a tumultuous struggle to stay in business over the past several years, Bed Bath & Beyond declared bankruptcy on Sunday. That means your stash of its 20%-off coupons are about to be useless.

Bed Bath & Beyond said it would sell off its merchandise and then go out of business. The company said customers will have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to use their remaining 20%-off coupons.

The company will stop accepting coupons on Wednesday. Instead, Bed Bath & Beyond expects to offer “deep discounts” on its products as part of its going-out-of-business sales.

They’re in the process of closing out all their stores in Canada for the past month. I was wondering if the US side was also going to end soon.

I don’t shop at B,B&B but did buy stuff from buybuybaby who I generally found overpriced but often would have harder to find items. Plus their shitty site was easy to glitch into using the 20% off on items that aren’t supposed to qualify.

Every so often they would have a good price for something online, but going into the brick and mortar store was always a weird experience. It always felt somehow like the overall footprint of the store was huge but that they didn't actually have a good selection of any one thing that I was looking for.

12 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Guess I'll have to find a new place to go to every few years to get a new pillow.  I admit, I always hated going in there.  I didn't like the narrow aisle packed floor to ceiling shelves junk store vibe they had going on.

The actual shopping experience was kind of shit, but they carried a lot of kinds of items where it's helpful to be able to see and touch it before buying it. For certain things you could also at least rely on them having stuff that was what you actually need and not weirdly off the mark. For an example of both, I need a new bath rug, so I went into Bed Bath and Beyond a couple of months ago (it's where I got the one that needs replacing) and they had none in stock (tons of empty shelves in general), so I ordered one that looked okay on Amazon, and what arrived was basically just a towel. Then I looked at Target and most of what they listed online was only available for shipping and looked like it was probably going to be like the one from Amazon in terms of just being a towel patterned like a bath rug.

The one near me closed some months ago and I found out when I decided I needed some sort of small kitchen appliance or apparatus that I didn't want to wait 2 days for shipping on. It's weird, on one hand I live in suburbia do most of my non-food shopping online, but on the other hand I wish I could have a regular retail experience like in Japan. Right now I need to buy a decent wireless keyboard and I could get whatever I want on Amazon, but no guarantees when I actually get hands on with it, that its actually what I want. I could go to Best Buy, but there's maybe a dozen keyboard options in total and only like one or two that might fit my criteria. But if I was in Japan I could go to a Sofmap or Yodobashi Camera and there will be like 40-50 keyboards I could get my hands on. The death of retail is a bummer, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a contributor to it.

107175974-1673286185432-gettyimages-1246
WWW.CNBC.COM

Bed Bath & Beyond's bankruptcy comes after several last-ditch efforts to raise cash failed to keep the company alive.

So basically, they did a $1 billion stock buyback a year ago, and now they are bankrupt and can't even pay their workers severance. Sounds like looting the company to me. 

I didn't really like them as a store, but I did end up in one at least once or twice a year. It sucks seeing these retail chains go down like this. I guess you can get most of what they sell at Target, but they did carry a lot of things that no other big chains really do.

How has no one posted this yet???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...