What are some prejudices you hold?

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

I can’t quite tell from the description but if this is just leaving your cart somewhere so you can walk down an aisle without the cart and get the items, I do that all the time. I don’t like pushing the cart around all the other people and it takes longer than just grabbing. Especially since my accident pushing the cart makes me feel less mobile and like someone will hit my leg and I won’t be able to move out of the way.

That is my main grudge but this with no other people around, but worker me. I’ve seen some just outright abandon them with stuff in the cart completely. Some will fuck off to just talk for 5-10mins with someone, leave the cart to block aisle/shelves, but be in the most open part of the store. It can get really frustrating on our real busy days (Sunday) when everyone is out shopping for the kids school lunches. 

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

That is my main grudge but this with no other people around, but worker me. I’ve seen some just outright abandon them with stuff in the cart completely. Some will fuck off to just talk for 5-10mins with someone, leave the cart to block aisle/shelves, but be in the most open part of the store. It can get really frustrating on our real busy days (Sunday) when everyone is out shopping for the kids school lunches. 

I think I do okay then, I’m not abandoning it and I feel like I do a very good job finding spots that won’t be in the way of people.

I assume guys driving small Japanese cars with any sort of "street racing" after-market kit have really sick fantasies about Asian women. All of them.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I assume guys driving small Japanese cars with any sort of "street racing" after-market kit have really sick fantasies about Asian women. All of them.

Is that a bad thing?

Anyway, cross fitters. “Fittest people on the planet” who couldn’t make it in d2. Yeah, you’re so shit hot you decided to forgo a major sports league and instead decides to give yourself disc hernias for time.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Because of recent trends at my place of employment, the entire "work from home" advocacy movement as it has definitely contributed to my souring mental health to the point where I'm becoming genuinely angry at co-workers who partake in it.

Oh I would infuriate you... I plan on  never regularly going into any kind of office for the rest of my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Halal 1

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh I would infuriate you... I plan on  never regularly going into any kind of office for the rest of my life.

Fiancé got laid off, she’s looming for jobs, a lot are hybrid or in office, I’ve told her not to apply and wait for a wfh only. Just be a trophy wife at home for awhile.

Our lifestyle has only been minimally impacted and she never wants to go back to the office. And she doesn’t need to.

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

People who abandon their shopping cart at the top of an aisle so they can walk down another empty aisle to look for something. The carts are on fucking wheels for a reason people. These people pissed me off at my old job and they do at my new one as well.

Now I don't abandon my cart but I do this fairly often in a trip usually if I have no reason to go the length of the aisle. A lot of the time when I go people are working, stocking the shelves and the aisles are blocked by food and stuff. So it's an easy way to not get in the way.

Dude's in big, lifted pick-up trucks with over-sized wheels. In my area, at least, they all seem to be Q-anon level Trumpers. I went to a local party store the other day and watched a few 50-something, blue collar guys struggle to get out of a pick-up that was almost twice my height. They followed me in and spent five minutes, in the beer aisle, teasing one of them about wanting a 'gender neutral' Bud Light. It was around noon, so I guess it was their lunch time. I was actually going to get a beer, but didn't even want to interact with them because they were standing there for so long. 

Also, anyone that drives a Jeep Wrangler.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, unogueen said:

Transhumanism is the worst opinion on future humanity there is, just shy of colonizing entire different planets. I don't care how much of a super-earth it is, your body was moulded by terra firma.

We're all going to be cyborgs soon enough man, and based on how you typically put a sentence together, you are more than half way there! Embrace the change! :sun:

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Because of recent trends at my place of employment, the entire "work from home" advocacy movement as it has definitely contributed to my souring mental health to the point where I'm becoming genuinely angry at co-workers who partake in it.

We've moved to a kind of hybrid system here and it's a pretty sweet balance.

14 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Evangelical Christians. Sorry, but almost all the ones I know are judgmental arseholes. 

Also see: “Only god can judge me” which implicitly (explicitly?) says “I’m saved and that means I can do and say whatever I want and I’ll be damned if I have to face any consequences”

2 hours ago, Slug said:

We've moved to a kind of hybrid system here and it's a pretty sweet balance.

Full time wfh isn’t for everyone but god I hated hybrid, at least the way an old employer did it. You had to be in office on the 3 days that you chose (bad idea) so there was no uniformity so we still all had to be on Teams calls just from the office. 

my job before that pre pandemic was full time in office but my manager was very flexible about if we needed to work at home for one reason or another and that was good for full time in office. 

but unless I absolutely have to I’m not planning on going back to the office anytime soon if ever

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Full time wfh isn’t for everyone but god I hated hybrid, at least the way an old employer did it. You had to be in office on the 3 days that you chose (bad idea) so there was no uniformity so we still all had to be on Teams calls just from the office. 

I had never really thought about it like that. You have to go to the office AND have zoom calls?! that's peak corporate efficiency right there.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Now I don't abandon my cart but I do this fairly often in a trip usually if I have no reason to go the length of the aisle. A lot of the time when I go people are working, stocking the shelves and the aisles are blocked by food and stuff. So it's an easy way to not get in the way.

that I don’t mind as much. It’s the ones that don’t consider how busy things are and just leave them for everyone to go around at mostly the entrance of the aisle. It just irks me

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That sounds bad.  Yeah no we do it with full flexibility.  "Work where you want".  They converted our offices into fully unassigned workspace.  Nobody has a private workstation there, nobody has an assigned office.  Your day to day, business as usual work can be done anywhere you want.  Wanna work from home?  Great.  Wanna go to the office?  Great, just go in and grab an open workspace.  You prefer work from home but feel like you haven't gotten out of the house in awhile?  Go in, grab an open work space.  Teams is still heavily used, but we recognize that some things require face to face meetings or collab so you can book one of the conference rooms in the office for the day if you need.  It works out real well.  I primarily work from home.  And when I do go to the office it's usually not all day.  I'll pop over in the morning, take care of some face to face stuff, grab lunch then finish my day at home.

I have heard of some teams whose management require them to be in the office some arbitrary number of days.  It's fear based.  They're afraid.  The ones that do that are the out of touch management types that built their career on being seen and reporting metrics on work other people do.  They *need* people to be in the office to see them "working" otherwise leadership will start to realize that they don't actually produce anything.

• Halal 3

3 hours ago, Slug said:

They're afraid.  The ones that do that are the out of touch management types that built their career on being seen and reporting metrics on work other people do.  They *need* people to be in the office to see them "working" otherwise leadership will start to realize that they don't actually produce anything.

There is sooooooo terribly much of this in just about every organization you’ll find