Sony has officially announced the end of Life

darkness35

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/ps-vita-production-to-end-in-2019-in-japan

F

:flag:

PS Vita will be manufactured until 2019 in Japan and there are currently no plans for a successor, Sony Interactive Entertainment senior vice president Hiroyuki Oda told Famitsu at Tokyo Game Show 2018.

“Currently, we do not have any plans regarding a new handheld device,” Oda said. “In Japan, we will manufacture PlayStation Vita until 2019. From there, shipping will end.”

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

The best thing about the Vita was streaming from my PS4 while pooping. 

It was a great handheld, if not a little claustrophobic. It a shame really, it couldve been great. 

Yeah that was cool but anytime I got to far away from my console the streaming went to shit. 

18 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think my favorite thing about having one is having all my PSP games on a more comfortable system with a better battery. 

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!

I enjoyed my Vita a lot and still play it to this day faithfully. Wish Sony would have been better about it. They ruined the system. 

21 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!

I enjoyed my Vita a lot and still play it to this day faithfully. Wish Sony would have been better about it. They ruined the system. 

Other than a PSP backlog, I just need to play Danganronpa 2 and 3 on my Vita. I know they're on Steam, but I've owned them for Vita for quite a while and I like those types of games on portables.

It really could have been a great system, but Sony mishandled it so badly. Other than the PSP being a success(though DS thoroughly trounced it), Nintendo is the only company who can enjoy constant success with the handheld market.

26 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Other than a PSP backlog, I just need to play Danganronpa 2 and 3 on my Vita. I know they're on Steam, but I've owned them for Vita for quite a while and I like those types of games on portables.

It really could have been a great system, but Sony mishandled it so badly. Other than the PSP being a success(though DS thoroughly trounced it), Nintendo is the only company who can enjoy constant success with the handheld market.

Didn’t Vita do really well in Japan?

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Didn’t Vita do really well in Japan?

No, it did ok but not great. 

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Compared to what? It sold better there than it did in NA, but that's not exactly a crowning achievement, especially when compared to other handhelds.

Well compared to Nintendo handhelds, still the 2nd best for non Nintendo handhelds and sold more then a few major consoles in japan. Yet still a far cry from what psp did.

I think an even bigger shame is how much Sony botched the vita tv. It’s a fantastic device hampered by their short sidedness with the game whitelist restrictions. I think there is only really 2-5 games that can’t work/will crash and those could have been patched/fixed (gyro and camera related)