What big PS5 game should I play next?

TheLeon

I’m finally wrapping up Ragnarok, what should I play next?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Whatever game is picked, I’ll finish it before I play anything else*

• Ghost of Tsushima
    • The Witcher 3
    • Death Stranding Director’s Cut
    • Returnal

Well, I started Returnal last night, and it’s… intimidating. There’s something about that rogue-like style that feels a lot more manageable on a 2-D scale. I’m looking forward to figuring out more. 

I’ll probably start up Ghosts in the next couple days as well, see which one hooks me more, or maybe bounce between the two. 

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Witcher 3 is one of the best games that has come out in the past 10 years. Those other games are pretty good! 

The Witcher III failed to really pull me in, so I stopped playing it after a few hours. I plan on playing it again, but what I played of it didn’t impress me all that much. It seemed good, but not great. I liked Ghost of Tsushima a lot more myself, it pulled me in immediately and I didn’t stop playing it until I finished it.

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

The Witcher III failed to really pull me in, so I stopped playing it after a few hours. I plan on playing it again, but what I played of it didn’t impress me all that much. It seemed good, but not great. I liked Ghost of Tsushima a lot more myself, it pulled me in immediately and I didn’t stop playing it until I finished it.

It's official: Jin is hotter than Geralt

11 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I do not understand the love this game gets. Ghost is so much better.

• True 1

21 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Well, I started Returnal last night, and it’s… intimidating. There’s something about that rogue-like style that feels a lot more manageable on a 2-D scale. I’m looking forward to figuring out more. 

I’ll probably start up Ghosts in the next couple days as well, see which one hooks me more, or maybe bounce between the two. 

One huge tip I keep repeating:

Go into Options and turn on Auto-Run. I really don't know why it isn't on by default but the entire game revolves around speed and fast positioning more than anything else. You can outrun a lot of projectiles and enemies in this game. The biggest hinderance is playing it like a modern TPS. Think of it like a Contra-style arcade game but in a modern 3D package more than anything. 

At first it feels really fast for precision movement in some instances but you'll get used to it quickly and the benefits are huge imo. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

17 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's official: Jin is hotter than Geralt

As you know it takes a lot for me to like a male protagonist in video games, but I really liked Jin Sakai. He’s one of the few male characters in recent memory that I was fine playing as, and that I didn’t want to play as a female character instead. I somewhat like Geralt as a main character as well especially since he can romance the ladies, but I admit that I would rather play as Ciri.

• Sicko 1