I'm about to board an aircraft for the first time in three years

Commissar SFLUFAN

I last flew back in January of 2021. I went to Hawaii even though I didn't really want to, but my mom was too stubborn to cancel a planned family trip and didn't feel comfortable letting her go alone (she was dealing with hip problems that she had surgery for a few months later). The one nice thing was that our outbound flights got upgraded to first class. And since its a long haul flight to Hawaii on a 777, it was the full-on pod with seats that lay completely flat. For someone who is 6'4" that was really nice.

I do plan on going back to Japan in March, so that'll be something to look forward to. And while actually sitting on a plane isn't exactly comfortable for me, I'm one of the few that actually enjoys going to the airport. Mostly because I'm the kind of person who arrives well ahead of time and just like to chill out. I always chuckle when I see people stressed out and rushing around. I'm sure some of it is people in a tight layover, but for most people having to go to an airport is not some last-minute decision. Be prepared, have all your stuff ready, leave as early as you can.

• 2 weeks later...

I only fly first class, but Ill tell you this as someone that travelled 3-4 times a month during covid...IT WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC not being jammed into a plane. Even in 1st class not having someone sitting next to you was glorious. 

All this being said, you missed out. 

of course we are all paying for that luxury now with these terrible flight costs. No reason why a flight I took pre-covid was 300 vs 750 now. 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, SmugPrick said:

but Ill tell you this as someone that travelled 3-4 times a month during covid...IT WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC not being jammed into a plane.

Traveling during Covid is something I’ll greatly miss. I still think back from time to time about being at the absolute ghost town that was Disneyworld back when they reopened but severely limited daily attendance. No waits for anything ❤️

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Traveling during Covid is something I’ll greatly miss. I still think back from time to time about being at the absolute ghost town that was Disneyworld back when they reopened but severely limited daily attendance. No waits for anything ❤️

for sure, I remember my layovers in Detroit, airport was COMPLETELY dead. departure status screens were able to be consolidated onto only one. Eerie but man was it a great time to travel. 

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Top 5 airports GO

Newark

Frankfurt

Seoul

Denver

Narita