Kojima has announced something with Elle Fanning

Brian

Kojima has a close relationship with filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn (they have very similar sensibilities, hence why I'm a big fan of both) and Refn had Elle Fanning star in his 2016 horror/thriller The Neon Demon (underrated) and had Kojima shoot a pretty cool cameo scene in Refn's TV show Too Old to Die Young. And Refn had a significant supporting mo-cap role in Death Stranding. Let's also not forget Mads Mikkelsen was the main villain in Death Stranding and starred in Refn's earliest work, the Pusher film trilogy (he was great in them). Wonder if that's where the Elle Fanning connection comes in. Keanu Reeves was also in The Neon Demon, so we're very close to a Refn-Reeves-Reedus-Mikkelsen-Kojima collaboration!

• Like 1

I kind of want the gameplay content of mgs5 with the story content of DS. So, like the older MGS games I guess.

MGS2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I adore all Metal Gear from msx to 4. But his last two games are the two games I’ve tried the hardest to get into and failed.

MGS5 has great feeling gameplay but it felt too much like a sandbox with no direction with surprisingly limited story that I hear is unfinished anyway.

Death Stranding I’m actually super interested in the story and I keep hearing there is too much story and I wish that was the case where I’m at but fucking damn kojima did you really have to make this game slowly hiking balancing boxes I mean FUCK. I think maybe it opens up later with more combat, more frequent cutscenes, more crazy shit, more interesting environments and better travel. But I just can’t make it past like chapter 3 it’s just such a slog of an opening.

I just hope this is a fun to play game with a lot of crazy kojima atmosphere and story. His last two missed the mark for me.