Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Official Trailer

Pikachu

1 hour ago, Brick said:

I thought Namor was a hero. Guess there will be some sort of misunderstanding going on, before things get resolved, and he becomes another Avenger. 

Namor is an asshole. He's sometimes a hero, but he acts like God's gift to women and someone who is really upset that everyone thinks Aquaman came first.

• True 1

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Basically this, but it'll definitely make him interesting compared to our straightforward vanilla heroes.

I'm not even sure you'd really count him as a hero. He's more like sometimes his own goals line up with everyone else's and it's nice to have him on your side...even if he spends that time trying to steal your girlfriend.

• True 1

• 5 weeks later...

Let Ryan Coogler direct everything. What a great flick.

Not really a plot spoiler but just in case

Spoiler

The Chadwick memorial version of the Marvel Studios intro was fantastic :(

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Anybody else see this yet? Going this weekend?

Saw it last night. Very good for a sequel in the MCU and they handled Chadwick passing very well. Cinematically it was amazing, and probably the second best movie in the current phase. 

The theatre was definitely very somber for a good portion of it...and there was one person uncontrollably sobbing during the end credit scene. If you don't well up at least once during the movie, I think you might be dead inside. 

8 minutes ago, jinx8402 said:

If you don't well up at least once during the movie, I think you might be dead inside. 

100% 

I was surprised at how emotionally moving the film was, but shouldn’t have been. Coogler is VERY good at his job

Weird movie, been thinking about it a lot. They were dealt an impossible hand and ultimately handled it well enough. I understand why this one couldn’t be as self-contained as the first (one of BP’s strengths), but it felt like they had to cover too much ground in one movie. Maybe this is just because I’m aware of their upcoming slate, but I could almost feel on a scene-by-scene basis what was the story they wanted to tell, and what they had to jam in to feed the MCU machine. 

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Weird movie, been thinking about it a lot. They were dealt an impossible hand and ultimately handled it well enough. I understand why this one couldn’t be as self-contained as the first (one of BP’s strengths), but it felt like they had to cover too much ground in one movie. Maybe this is just because I’m aware of their upcoming slate, but I could almost feel on a scene-by-scene basis what was the story they wanted to tell, and what they had to jam in to feed the MCU machine. 

I don’t pay any attention to MCU stuff anymore, but I think it’s a mostly self contained story, though I’m sure it has plenty of linkage to the rest of the U.

16 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Can someone in a spoiler tag tell me how they explained BP's death in the movie? I'm really curious.

Spoiler

The opening scene he does off screen of a unknown virus while Shuri frantically attempts to make something to save him, followed by a big funeral scene leading into the Marvel Studios logo 

Stylish as hell, but I'm not sure how I feel about the actual movie. I thought Shuri was great in the first one as a supporting character but didn't love her as the lead. Also wasn't a huge fan of Ironheart...though I have to say that is likely because I knew very little about the character before seeing the movie...and after there movie I feel like I still know nothing about her. Seems like she got introduced just because they are doing the D+ show. On the flip side the soundtrack worked so damn well. 

and of course as has already been mentioned 

Spoiler

how dare they kill Angela! 

16 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Stylish as hell, but I'm not sure how I feel about the actual movie. I thought Shuri was great in the first one as a supporting character but didn't love her as the lead. Also wasn't a huge fan of Ironheart...though I have to say that is likely because I knew very little about the character before seeing the movie...and after there movie I feel like I still know nothing about her. Seems like she got introduced just because they are doing the D+ show. On the flip side the soundtrack worked so damn well. 

and of course as has already been mentioned 

Hide contents

how dare they kill Angela! 

Spoiler

She's was the strongest actor in the movie.

I feel like M'baku was just there for fan service because he's an awesome character but they didn't utilize him.

Namor was awesome, it was interesting how he had a little bit of that Mexican hot and cold temperament, very sweet and also not so much.

I thought the ending was a little weird, missed opportunity to have Namor kill Shuri and become a massive threat. Make M'baku the black panther or something. 

Agree on Iron Heart, I also think they went overboard with the level of tech her suit was and the Tony Stark heads up display in the blue suits. Like what's the Wakanda version of it?

I guess every scene with Shuri I was also thinking about how they had to work around her antivax views in every scene. 

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

M'baku definitely under utilized. And yes I think the entire final battle sequence was odd..not just Namor/Panther fight, but everyone seemed unused. I understand it was supposed to feel epic, but in other movies with massive fights there always seemed to be match ups with the heroes. Ironheart merely dips into the water rescuing people and really the only one that seemed to have serious one-on-one was Okoye and honestly it's only been a day but I can't even really remember it. 

• Halal 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, SuperSpreader said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

No he wasn't.

Just got back from seeing this. Great movie, amazing score and along with the underrated Eternals, is the most beautifully cinematic marvel movie to date. In fact there were a couple of times I forgot I WAS watching a Marvel movie. Someone posted above, that they didn't think it was a self contained movie... I disagree. Outisde of

Spoiler

Julia Luis Dreyfuss' Contessa and setting up the Iron Heart series

There's not much linkage to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In fact, you could literally go from the first movie to this without having seen another Marvel movie and not miss anything. Coogler continues to grow as a filmmaker and did I mention the score? This movie deserves Awards consideration for that and the costume design alone. Great movie and can't wait to see it again.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just got back from seeing this. Great movie, amazing score and along with the underrated Eternals, is the most beautifully cinematic marvel movie to date. In fact there were a couple of times I forgot I WAS watching a Marvel movie. Someone posted above, that they didn't think it was a self contained movie... I disagree. Outisde of

Reveal hidden contents

There's not much linkage to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In fact, you could literally go from the first movie to this without having seen another Marvel movie and not miss anything. Coogler continues to grow as a filmmaker and did I mention the score? This movie deserves Awards consideration for that and the costume design alone. Great movie and can't wait to see it again.

Spoiler

Yes he was.