Marvel Studios' Special Presentation: Werewolf by Night

Brick

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Not sure how his is Marvel related. Maybe as a way to introduce the supernatural creatures like werewolves and vampires into the MCU in preparation for Blade? 

Werewolf By Night was a marvel comic from the 70's and was in fact, the series Moon Knight first appeared in. Werewolves and Vampires are very much a part of the Marvel Universe. Who can for get the time Captain America got turned into a Werewolf and became Cap-wolf? I'm not kidding

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is a comic series that started decades ago. Maybe back in the 70s? I remember reading a few issues when I was a kid in n the 80s. It's not a series I ever kept up with.

clean.jpg

That said, Disney is burying the lede here. Man-Thing is in that trailer at the 1:05/6 mark.

clean.jpg

Yup and that's Moon Knight's first appearance there.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer... looks fun and that indeed was Man-Thing burning someone's fear LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished it. That was a lot of fun. Was this supposed to be done in mostly practical effects? If it wasn't, they did a great job of emulating the look of practical effects. I also appreciate the look of film for this, complete with random cue marks.

This was a lot of fun. I could go for more mini movies like this from Marvel. They definitely took advantage of the black and white to be a bit gruesome with some of the deaths.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Presumably, with the best hunters all gone, monsters will make more of a resurgence in the MCU. Speaking of, we putting together Midnight Sons? We've got Wong, Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf by Night, Man Thing, and soon Blade. Who are we missing?

This was really good. More TV movies like this from Marvel/Disney please. Michael Giacchino, primarily a fantastic composer as most of us know (The Incredibles, Lost, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek 09, etc.) directed this and he crushed it. I'm pretty impressed, and Gael Garcia Bernal was excellent as the title character. I hope everyone watches this to encourage more one-off quality work of this caliber. And the reveal of who Ted is was great - Werewolf by Night has been confirmed to be canon. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...