Wednesday | Netflix Series From Tim Burton - Out now!

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

The story is fun but she makes the show. Without her it wouldn't have been successful and would have felt like a Scooby Doo mystery. 

Buttttt it also wouldn’t have been as good if she did that performance but the rest wasn’t as fun, tbf, I think they just did the perfect casting with her. had the right story, and Tim Burton in 2022 was the right person to do it. If all just worked.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Buttttt it also wouldn’t have been as good if she did that performance but the rest wasn’t as fun, tbf, I think they just did the perfect casting with her. had the right story, and Tim Burton in 2022 was the right person to do it. If all just worked.

I enjoyed Emma Myers being the anti-Wednesday roommate. And,

Spoiler

I needed the Enid hug at the end. It felt so earned.

• True 1

I get strong Harry Potter vibes from this except it's got POC and you won't feel gross because you're supporting a poopy creator (I don't know much about Charles Addams but he's not alive so he can't really tarnish his work) so I can see why this has had such broad appeal.

Maybe @skillzdadirecta just skip Harry Potter and get into Wednesday instead. :p

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 5:01 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I get strong Harry Potter vibes from this except it's got POC and you won't feel gross because you're supporting a poopy creator (I don't know much about Charles Addams but he's not alive so he can't really tarnish his work) so I can see why this has had such broad appeal.

Maybe @skillzdadirecta just skip Harry Potter and get into Wednesday instead. :p

I’m through 3 episodes now and to me it’s a kids show. Even when the Harry Potter actors were half the age of this shows actors it didn’t come off as a kids movie. Probably because the adult actors played a bigger role as well as the setting. Oh, and buckets of money 

I finished this the other night and very much enjoyed it. I can certainly see the "young adult/Harry Potter" vibes in it (themes, setting, etc.), but that doesn't change the fact that it's massively entertaining and fun, IMO. All of the cast was great, but Jenna Ortega really does stand out. 

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

I finished this the other night and very much enjoyed it. I can certainly see the "young adult/Harry Potter" vibes in it (themes, setting, etc.), but that doesn't change the fact that it's massively entertaining and fun, IMO. All of the cast was great, but Jenna Ortega really does stand out. 

She does stand out and I think she will have a very successful career going forward.

• Halal 1

Easily one of my favorite shows in a while, entertaining and fun with a dark sense of humor.

8 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m through 3 episodes now and to me it’s a kids show. Even when the Harry Potter actors were half the age of this shows actors it didn’t come off as a kids movie.

It doesn’t seem like a kids show to me. The few Harry Potter movies that I saw seemed to be aimed at a younger audience than this. I find this show to be aimed at older teens and adults.

• Halal 1

30 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Easily one of my favorite shows in a while, entertaining and fun with a dark sense of humor.

It doesn’t seem like a kids show to me. The few Harry Potter movies that I saw seemed to be aimed at a younger audience than this. I find this show to be aimed at older teens and adults.

I think the first couple of Harry Potter movies (and books) were definitely kids' movies/books, but they also certainly grew darker with each movie/book. Wednesday seems to maintain a pretty consistent level of darkness throughout, which I think moves it at least a little bit away from "kid movie territory". 

33 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I think the first couple of Harry Potter movies (and books) were definitely kids' movies/books, but they also certainly grew darker with each movie/book. Wednesday seems to maintain a pretty consistent level of darkness throughout, which I think moves it at least a little bit away from "kid movie territory". 

I don't see each episode = a HP book 

They are more like chapters in a book 

I get why people would go to Harry Potter as an easy comparison point, but for me you’ve gotta narrow that down to like Half-Blood Prince. There’s a darker tone, the kids are older, there’s a mystery and a looming threat, but a lot of it is just these moody horny teens trying to get through the school year. 

• Halal 1

Jenna Ortega is impressing me because with her off the screen, I get bored. She has such a huge screen presence and has the "it" factor for a star imo. She's very pretty and only fuckin 20yrs old. I had to look that up. She potentially has a great career ahead. The show is solid but not great 3 episodes in. 

Tim Burton is so unique as well. 

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Jenna Ortega is impressing me because with her off the screen, I get bored. She has such a huge screen presence and has the "it" factor for a star imo. She's very pretty and only fuckin 20yrs old. I had to look that up. She potentially has a great career ahead. The show is solid but not great 3 episodes in. 

Tim Burton is so unique as well. 

I would like to point out she is pro-immigration and anti-discrimination. I expect her to become iconic and a good influence on the youth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:30 PM, Fizzzzle said:

I'm probably going to start watching it tonight or tomorrow. Last week I watched Inside Man instead and, uh.... Not great. It's an acting tour de force, but Jesus does the plot get stupid as hell. Definitely worth it if you're a fan of the actors, as 99% of the show is comprised of scenes of two brilliant actors playing off each other, but it ends up feeling like a waste of time by the end 

ugh that’s disappointing to hear as I found this post looking for a thread on this because I just finished the first episode and found it super captivating 

• 1 month later...