Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

If deciding between console versions it’s so back and forth which version is better that I’d just wait for DF on a big game like this which will have a video up before release most likely. But I do think XSX will end up being the way to go simply because of better vrr support and I believe Capcom is doing their unlocked frame rate nonsense with this game.

I can't wait you know that. I'll go xsx just because of what you said. 

Edit: oh, you said the comparison might be up before release. Ok that would be cool. 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Mystic Spearhand Vocation" trailer
6 hours ago, Biggie said:

I wonder if this will be a Biggie friendly type game. As I stated earlier I am kinda over any type of Souls-like or From Software types of games.

If it's anything like the first game it should be pretty easy. Not to mention the first game specifically a hard mode and if you die an easy mode. I have no idea if that will be included in the new game, however.

That being said if you make sure your pawns are leveled up to and your equipment and abilities are leveled up the game isn't that difficult. (Again just basing it off the first game)

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

Max showed some preview footage off of this, so I guess a lot of videos will be coming down the pipe.

Seems mostly like the first one, or a realized version of what the first one wanted to be.

Things that stuck out to me were:

- Not everyone is a human this time

- There is a minimap (thank goodness!)

- It looks a bit more open than the first game.

Obviously the graphics aren't ass this time around as well.

I tried to ask him some questions but in a chat that big you miss things so I'll just have to find out in a couple of weeks.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm trying to figure out what class I'm going to run with at first. I ran ranger/archer/mystic archer in the first game. May try something different hear. 

Here*

You buying at launch?

I'm trying to figure out what class I'm going to run with at first. I ran ranger/archer/mystic archer in the first game. May try something different hear. 

I went strider then assassin with sword then didn't like the sword moves and went assassin with knives. :p

BTW they are vocations ser :talkhand:

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Here*

You buying at launch?

My damn phone autocorrected...  Yeah I'm getting at launch. Want to get Rise of the Ronin too, but I'm gonna be out of town for a couple of weeks away from my PS5 and won't be able to play it unless I buy anpother PS5 for my Parent's house... which I'm considering because of Helldivers 2 and Rise of the Ronin. Are Digital PS5's easy to find in the wild?

• Shocked 1

My damn phone autocorrected...  Yeah I'm getting at launch. Want to get Rise of the Ronin too, but I'm gonna be out of town for a couple of weeks away from my PS5 and won't be able to play it unless I buy anpother PS5 for my Parent's house... which I'm considering because of Helldivers 2 and Rise of the Ronin.

Mr money bags here. :p

I'm excited for DD2! 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: new preview videos posted
1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Yeah DD2 is a wait until I get something more powerful.

Well the 5090 is still on track for this year I believe so if you have a cpu ready by winter you should be g2g

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well the 5090 is still on track for this year I believe so if you have a cpu ready by winter you should be g2g

Surely my i7 6700K is enough

3x.webp

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well it does have frame gen so maybe :P

The bigger issue actually is you’ll need a case big enough because it’s huge.

Yeah, unless it is all front-loaded. There is like only half an inch - an inch between my GPU and CPU fan.

Edit: Actually, I'll prolly need a different mobo. Basically, I need a whole new PC tbh. Need a better PSU. RAM is dated as well. SSD is only 500gb.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, unless it is all front-loaded. There is like only half an inch - an inch between my GPU and CPU fan.

Edit: Actually, I'll prolly need a different mobo. Basically, I need a whole new PC tbh. Need a better PSU. RAM is dated as well. SSD is only 500gb.

If the cpu is above the gpu then that wouldn’t be an issue as it’s all dropping downwards, but it’s super long, three slots, and pretty deep.

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol I know I was just being an ass:

k so here is what my PC would be like with your GPU

PCPARTPICKER.COM

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor $180.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler $248.88 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Storage Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive $66.00 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card $2219.98 @ Amazon
Case NZXT S340 ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply SeaSonic S12G 650 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  

aaa72d56b0b6db7f49a923d675aa8ac7.png

The NZXT S340 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 364mm long, but video cards over 334mm may block drive bays. Since the Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card is 356.1mm long, some drive bays may not be usable. The NZXT S340 ATX Mid Tower Case hard drive bays are positioned where some of the bays may be physically blocked when using longer video cards.

I don't think that will be an issue for me.

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I will probably bite and buy one this year if the PS5 Pro and Switch 2 don’t happen. Gonna be prebuilt because fuck building that shit on my own. 

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

I will probably bite and buy one this year if the PS5 Pro and Switch 2 don’t happen. Gonna be prebuilt because fuck building that shit on my own. 

Definitely seems like Switch 2 is out, but I bet we do get the ps5 pro. Also still hopeful we see a Windows z1 or better oled handheld this year.

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Definitely seems like Switch 2 is out, but I bet we do get the ps5 pro. Also still hopeful we see a Windows z1 or better oled handheld this year.

Think we're getting a PS5 pro this year? Then I'll definitely hold off buying a second PS5

Think we're getting a PS5 pro this year? Then I'll definitely hold off buying a second PS5

Yeah the rumors on that have been so consistent and has recent reports say it’s still happening this holiday so I think so at this point. But who knows, maybe this will be a Switch Pro situation and it never happens! But I would definitely hold off and wait for it imo.

• Halal 1

Ugh.. I like 60fps, but 30 is usually okay for big open worlds and slower action... but an uncapped 30? What the fuck is that all about? That tells me "45fps in a small room" and "25fps everywhere else".

I was on the fence about getting this on console or PC, but it looks like I'll be hitting up the PC version, unless the specs are ridiculous.

46 minutes ago, nublood said:

Still can't believe this and Rise of Ronin are releasing the same day. Seems like it's been a while since two AAA games have released together like this.

Its weird but I'm leaning more towards Rise of Ronin, because I really liked Dragons Dogma

So I was all for this game until I heard somebody talking about what it might be like based on the first game. They got to talking about having limited inventory and needing to pack for a trip, take camping stuff and provisions, needing to sleep or lose health at night, making sure you pack the right stuff to deal with the creatures and threats you could face, maybe getting it wrong, etc. I was just like “sounds like Id be annoyed”.

I really dont care for survival mechanics in games. The fact that I can automate eating in Palworld with the feed bags makes it mostly tolerable, but I get annoyed every time I have to switch around armor because the sun went down or came back up. I dont want to layer more micromanaging and adventure halting into it. 

The only thing in a game like this that could kill my interest even more is if there was aggressive weapon and armor degradation, and I couldnt repair them. Except maybe for an over emphasis on single use potion and item crafting with an encyclopedia’s worth of ingredients and materials to find and keep track of.  

otherwise I really like the look of the game. I like the idea of being able to focus on being a support class role within the party and not the one solely responsible for being DPS, tank, and healer all in one.