Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

18 minutes ago, nublood said:

Yall trippin. DD2 is gonna be good. And I can’t believe Ronin is releasing on the same day. But I’ll probably go with DD first and Ronin later on. No way I can balance playing two big ol’ open world games like that with my schedule. 

I got a feeling it will be. They basically been polishing this game for 10 years and while maybe their reach is exceeding their grasp they're trying to dethrone Elden Ring. Gotta tip my hat to the ambition there

19 minutes ago, nublood said:

Yall trippin. DD2 is gonna be good. And I can’t believe Ronin is releasing on the same day. But I’ll probably go with DD first and Ronin later on. No way I can balance playing two big ol’ open world games like that with my schedule. 

I've only said positive things about this game and I'm really looking forward to it. 

10 hours ago, eventide11 said:

Then why are you playing through the first one?

9 hours ago, Biggie said:

Because @best3444 had me doubting that the game is mid

Reveal hidden contents

Wait... I'm not playing the first Dragon's Dogma because I never bought it. I thought you were talking about Final Fantasy VII Remake. 

Man still going through the first game. The combat is amazing. Imagine if in Skyrim instead of waving your sword with no impact you were traveling with 3 other dudes and they would launch enemies in the air and do air juggles with fireballs.  And then you had special ninja abilities that made you dash back and forth with a dagger before unleashing a flurry of attacks. Combat is so fun!

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Man still going through the first game. The combat is amazing. Imagine if in Skyrim instead of waving your sword with no impact you were traveling with 3 other dudes and they would launch enemies in the air and do air juggles with fireballs.  And then you had special ninja abilities that made you dash back and forth with a dagger before unleashing a flurry of attacks. Combat is so fun!

Imagine if this game were half as good as Skyrim. One of the greatest RPG’s ever. 

33 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Imagine if this game were half as good as Skyrim. One of the greatest RPG’s ever. 

I beat Skyrim for the first time last month. It's easily one of the best RPGS ever made. I gave it a 9/10 in this era. 

Actually if you're interested Fanatical has it for cheaper than that but you have to choose 2 other games ($9.99)

Personally from those selections I don't have the Megaman collection or Bionic Commando so @best3444 if you want Dragon's Dogma I could give you the key to that if you were interested.

(Meaning I'd buy the bundle myself for those 2 games and give you the extra. If you're interested in the other games yourself then you could spend the $10 on yourself if you wanted)

43 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Actually if you're interested Fanatical has it for cheaper than that but you have to choose 2 other games ($9.99)

Personally from those selections I don't have the Megaman collection or Bionic Commando so @best3444 if you want Dragon's Dogma I could give you the key to that if you were interested.

(Meaning I'd buy the bundle myself for those 2 games and give you the extra. If you're interested in the other games yourself then you could spend the $10 on yourself if you wanted)

Wow, that's really nice of you! I tried looking up reviews for Dragons Dogma but it didn't list on open critic? I'm interested in this for sure, man!

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

get out GIF

Skyrim became boring after 20-30hrs, had bad combat and janky animations. Good soundtrack though. FF7 was controversial, broke new ground and changed the way RPGs were made and is still being talked about and played almost 30 years later. What does Skyrim have? Arrow to the knee? 🥱

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "The Archer" vocation trailer
7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Find your friends list and double click on my name, a chat window should pop up and then you should see the code I sent. If you don't see that then I'll just PM it to you.

Could you just pm it to me saving me from unplugging my deck eight now?

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ll await your utter disappointment

I only played 25 minutes and it certainly wasn't bad. The character models have aged but the combat was great. I had to eat dinner so I stopped but I saved in a good area. I really can't comment too much on it. Definitely not disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I only played 25 minutes and it certainly wasn't bad. The character models have aged but the combat was great. I had to eat dinner so I stopped but I saved in a good area. I really can't comment too much on it. Definitely not disappointed. 

It's tough... just saying :whistlin: Just make sure you recruit new pawns every couple of levels. Your main pawn levels with you. The ones you hire, don't. Also pay attention to what your pawns are saying... they'll tell you what weaknesses certain monsters have if they've fought them before in other peoples' games. "It hates fire!" stuff like that.