Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I mean maybe you're right and blacksmith and weapon guy are to different things. I haven't seen the guy. 🤷‍♀️

Instead I went to go look for this book and that's what lead me to that Chimera and it's a hell of a trek just to get to this bandit camp. :p

I saw the stone or whatever you need to fast travel. I "think" I picked it up but cannot find the damn thing in my inventory. The stone is gone where it was laying too lol. 

Dragon's Dogma 2 is scheduled to swoop down onto Steam in just over a month, wreaking fiery havoc upon fantasy fans' free time. But you may be able to get a taste of Capcom's RPG sequel sooner than that, as recent changes to the game on Steam, as registered by SteamDB, hint that a demo might be approaching over the horizon.

These changes were spotted by Reddit user CannedBeansofDeath, who posted a screenshot of SteamDB's changelist for Dragon's Dogma 2 on the r/DragonsDogma board. Alongside various statistics, SteamDB tracks updates to all applications registered on Steam, regardless of whether they're released or not. In this instance, the site registered an update to the Dragon's Dogma 2 app on February 16th, which added a new 'package' (i.e. game files) to the app listed under the billing type 'Free on Demand'.

Given Dragon's Dogma 2 is currently listed on Steam at an RRP of £53.98 / $69.99, it's unlikely that Capcom has suddenly decided to make it a free-to-play title. Hence, a demo is the logical conclusion for adding a free on demand package to the Dragon's Dogma 2 app.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: SteamDB entry indicates that a demo may be incoming
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Mage" vocation trailer, SteamDB entry indicates that a demo may be incoming
1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This game can look good at times and you can take cool screenshots. I had to download a mod to remove the watermark though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It definitely looks good in caves where your lantern exposes shadow effects. Even the open world looks pretty good. 

The fast travel issue had me stop playing this. Even though I was enjoying it. It kinda reminds me of a single player MMO with little actual story but just side missions that have no weight to them. It's definitely a unique game and I'm currently playing the Witcher 3 wishing it had the combat excellence this game has. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Warrior Vocation" trailer
5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Getting a good taste of DD makes realize how good DD2 will be. 

I'm still sticking with it. Quests are kinda long.

A quality of life thing I hope is in the sequel is if you empty a flask of oil or water you keep the flask. It's kind of weird to find an empty flask, have the ability to fill it but when you use it the flask disappears.

• True 1

33 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm still sticking with it. Quests are kinda long.

A quality of life thing I hope is in the sequel is if you empty a flask of oil or water you keep the flask. It's kind of weird to find an empty flask, have the ability to fill it but when you use it the flask disappears.

The quests are a bit too vague in the first one. Hopefully they are a bit more clear in part 2. Other than that, please have a better fast travel mechanic. Game will be dope af I just know it. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Eh, they put a waypoint on the map. Pretty straightforward from what I've seen so far. :p

Not some of the quests. Like ones where you have to inquire about a tablet for instance. It says speak with the villagers or something but it doesn't point you in any location. Unless I'm missing something?

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Not some of the quests. Like ones where you have to inquire about a tablet for instance. It says speak with the villagers or something but it doesn't point you in any location. Unless I'm missing something?

I did that. It points you to a person with information about it. If it's outside of the city it points you to the city gate and then shows you on the world map.

Also, the eternal ferrystone allows fast travel to return to the city and has unlimited uses.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I did that. It points you to a person with information about it. If it's outside of the city it points you to the city gate and then shows you on the world map.

Also, the eternal ferrystone allows fast travel to return to the city and has unlimited uses.

Hmm. I guess I wasn't following correctly. I didn't know about that stone either.

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I didn't know about that stone either.

Yeah it doesn't really tell you about it but it's either in your inventory or you storage when you start the game. I guess because it was part of the dark arisen expansion / version or whatever, so you just get it but if you play the game it has to explain the process to you.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah it doesn't really tell you about it but it's either in your inventory or you storage when you start the game. I guess because it was part of the dark arisen expansion / version or whatever, so you just get it but if you play the game it has to explain the process to you.

How many hours do you have in it?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Sorcerer Vocation" trailer
37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Pretty sure it won't... the director of the game doesn't seem to be a fan.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Looks like they do understand the importance of fast travel. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Looks like they do understand the importance of fast travel. 

I believe that's just to the main city... I could be wrong though. I don't think it alows you to fast travel to other locations. They couldnhave changed that in Dark Arisne though.

Here's the game's director's thoughts on fast travel

KOTAKU.COM

Game director Hideaki Itsuno has some choice words for games that rely too heavily on fast travel

• Halal 1

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I believe that's just to the main city... I could be wrong though. I don't think it alows you to fast travel to other locations. They couldnhave changed that in Dark Arisne though.

Here's the game's director's thoughts on fast travel

KOTAKU.COM

Game director Hideaki Itsuno has some choice words for games that rely too heavily on fast travel

I understand some of his points. No criticisms here. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Magick Archer Vocation" trailer
43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I wonder if this will be a Biggie friendly type game. As I stated earlier I am kinda over any type of Souls-like or From Software types of games.

It's not like a souls game. Trust me, get ready for this and buy it. The first Dragons Dogma game is really good and its 11 years old. 

• Halal 1

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's not like a souls game. Trust me, get ready for this and buy it. The first Dragons Dogma game is really good and its 11 years old. 

If I do get it I’m going with my Series X. Hbu?

If deciding between console versions it’s so back and forth which version is better that I’d just wait for DF on a big game like this which will have a video up before release most likely. But I do think XSX will end up being the way to go simply because of better vrr support and I believe Capcom is doing their unlocked frame rate nonsense with this game.