Better Call Saul - The Final & 6th Season

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well she's the one pushing it, mostly it seems because she just doesn't like him, so . . . though I don't blame them for wanting to get that Sandpiper money, as it was something Jimmy earned.

I honestly need a refresher with what is going on there. It's been so long since we last saw this show, and I never rewatched it so I don't really remember what happened with the Kettlemans, why they're going after Howard, Sandpiper, etc. 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, Brick said:

I honestly need a refresher with what is going on there. It's been so long since we last saw this show, and I never rewatched it so I don't really remember what happened with the Kettlemans, why they're going after Howard, Sandpiper, etc. 

Yeah a lot happened in those first few seasons that are definitely coming back around.

Yeah in hindsight maybe not the best idea to have Kim meet with Cliff since if Howard heard about it he might piece together Jimmy is behind it, and yeah he did indeed. Seriously though, I can't remember, why are they going after Howard?

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Yeah in hindsight maybe not the best idea to have Kim meet with Cliff since if Howard heard about it he might piece together Jimmy is behind it, and yeah he did indeed. Seriously though, I can't remember, why are they going after Howard?

Because Kim hates him. he tried to talk her out of being with Jimmy and she took offense. Also they want to try to drive a wedge between him and Cliff so that they can settle the Sandpiper case and Jimmy can get his money. It was really Kim's idea to go after Howard and Jimmy is kind of going along with it. Half heartedly I might add. I think Howard was on to something when he said he thought Jimmy wanted to be caught. Jimmy really hasn't been convering his tracks well at all in retrospect and Howard isn't stupid. He's been down this road with Jimmy before.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Because Kim hates him. he tried to talk her out of being with Jimmy and she took offense. Also they want to try to drive a wedge between him and Cliff so that they can settle the Sandpiper case and Jimmy can get his money. It was really Kim's idea to go after Howard and Jimmy is kind of going along with it. Half heartedly I might add. I think Howard was on to something when he said he thought Jimmy wanted to be caught. Jimmy really hasn't been convering his tracks well at all in retrospect and Howard isn't stupid. He's been down this road with Jimmy before.

I think it's quite possible having Howard "discover" the scheme is part of the plan. And yeah agreed, Kim hates Howard and wants that Sandpiper money (in part to fund her law practice helping the poor, I think). 

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think it's quite possible having Howard "discover" the scheme is part of the plan. And yeah agreed, Kim hates Howard and wants that Sandpiper money (in part to fund her law practice helping the poor, I think). 

Possibly... Jimmy seemed to be really rattled and unsure of himself when he let Howard goad him into boxing. Also i don't know if Jimmy is aware that howard has hired a tail. Given that Mike has men watching Jimmy and Kim, this might not end well for Howard's P.I.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Possibly... Jimmy seemed to be really rattled and unsure of himself when he let Howard goad him into boxing. Also i don't know if Jimmy is aware that howard has hired a tail. Given that Mike has men watching Jimmy and Kim, this might not end well for Howard's P.I.

Yeah I don't think he expected the boxing or having a P.I. tail him, so I'm with you there, but discovering the plot might be part of a long con perhaps. This will spiral out of control either way though.

Well, yesterday's episode reminded me why Kim hates Howard so much - I forgot how much he punished her in early seasons for associating with Jimmy, so a lot of he resentment does seem justified in retrospect. This was clearly a table setting episode for next week's mid-season finale. Just a reminder after next week's episode 7, the show will take a break until coming back with episode 8 on July 11th. This final season will be 13 episodes total. We usually only get 10 a season so an extra three episodes is nice.

• Like 1

Kim's dislike of Howard isn't justified at all. The show is going out of it's way to show that Howard is a decent guy who means well... the scene with his wife was heartbreaking. Kim resents Howard for the simple fact that he tried to warn her about Jimmy and she's pathologically drawn to him because of her mother who was a lot LIKE him and she seemed to always seek her approval. See how she reacted to the D.A. chick trying to seek her help in the Salamanca case. She resented her as well for calling Jimmy a scumbag (which he is). On another board, folks were saying this episode finally tipped them and they actively hate Kim now. I don't know if I hate her, but she has lost all sympathy from me and deserves what ever she has coming to her... which I suspect is being betrayed by Jimmy at some point.

Kim has clearly taken Howard's actions personally and is looking at revenge more than justice, true. But Howard isn't innocent when it comes to her. He's the nice guy who means well to literally everyone else. With Kim it's like he was a scorned lover.

Howard can certainly be a major asshole, but I have a feeling whatever Kim has planned is going to be too much, and Jimmy is going to feel bad about it, feel Howard doesn't deserve it (it sounds like she wants to end his career and reputation), and since she goes too far, Jimmy is going to sever ties with her. 

8 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Kim has clearly taken Howard's actions personally and is looking at revenge more than justice, true. But Howard isn't innocent when it comes to her. He's the nice guy who means well to literally everyone else. With Kim it's like he was a scorned lover.

What has Howard done to Kim that warrants ANY of this? He sent her to the basement for fucking up a case (In his mind)? That's it literally.  That was years ago at this point and she quit shortly afterwards. Most of Howard's bad deeds regarding Jimmy were Chuck's doing and Jimmy rebuffed Howard everytime he tried to make that right.  Howard seems, to me, to truly want whats best for Jimmy and ESPECIALLY Kim but they're both too caught up in their own shit to see it. 

And given the shit that Jimmy has done and will do in Breaking Bad, I don't know what they could possibly have planned for Howard that "goes too far". Jimmy basically drove his own brother to suicide and hasn't lost any sleep regarding that and both he and Kim were fine with letting Howard blame himself for that. Jimmy also spent years robbing his own father which Kim also knows about. I'm sorry, as likeable as the two if them are they really aren't good people and they certainly don't have the moral high ground over anyone especially Howard.

Mike is a straight up murderer but he has more integrity than the two of them.

Like I said previously, Howard really just is too much of a try-hard. That scene with him making the latte, complete with art…brutal.

Jesus fuck! 

This fucking show, man. That was some of the most tense television I've seen in a while. Lalo is scary psychotic. 

Also the title of the episode, "Plan and Execution", just *chef's kiss* on that clever pun. 

• True 2

Well either Kim dies or what they've now done to Hamlin destroys them as a couple (or the fact Kim hid the fact Lalo was alive from Jimmy, she clearly wasn't surprised like Jimmy was, instead telling Hamlin to leave). 

And man, Hamlin. I feel so bad, that was some rough shit. Hamlin reputation will be tarnished in death forever now most likely, not a fate he deserved. Fantastic episode though. 

Edit: and the actor playing Hamlin, Patrick Fabian, killed it this episode, especially his monologue at the end while drinking. He was basically the audience when he ran through the potential reasons "why" they did this to him. Just great stuff.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well either Kim dies or what they've now done to Hamlin destroys them as a couple (or the fact Kim hid the fact Lalo was alive from Jimmy, she clearly wasn't surprised like Jimmy was, instead telling Hamlin to leave). 

And man, Hamlin. I feel so bad, that was some rough shit. Hamlin reputation will be tarnished in death forever now most likely, not a fate he deserved. Fantastic episode though. 

Edit: and the actor playing Hamlin, Patrick Fabian, killed it this episode, especially his monologue at the end while drinking. He was basically the audience when he ran through the potential reasons "why" they did this to him. Just great stuff.

Yeah now I think Kim may be the one to leave Jimmy as Howard's death and his speech prior to it may shock her to her senses. Especially when she sees that Jimmy will be perfectly content to let Howard die as a disgraced drug addict who probably got what was coming to him. Who knows... but yeah, Patrick Fabian deserves emmy consideration for his work this season.

• True 2

I'm all messed up. I never watch the show the night it airs, usually dvr it on Sunday when we dont have the kids. I thought the finale was Kim saying 'This happens today' and turning the car around, so I was just scrolling through this thread, thinking we were all on the same page and then I was like 'Wait, what?!' Lol. I guess I have one more episode to watch!

Whew I'm finally all caught up. This show is just one of the best of all time. I'm really going to miss the quality filmmaking that went into it. Loved the shot when the camera was attached to the garage door. Clever creative shit like that doesn't come around too often.

I want to see the actor who plays Lalo playing a Bond villain. That guy is just terrifying.

My theory for Kim is that she moves to Omaha, and when the timeline finally catches up, Gene gets in contact with Kim Wexler, Underworld Queen of Omaha.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Whew I'm finally all caught up. This show is just one of the best of all time. I'm really going to miss the quality filmmaking that went into it. Loved the shot when the camera was attached to the garage door. Clever creative shit like that doesn't come around too often.

I want to see the actor who plays Lalo playing a Bond villain. That guy is just terrifying.

My theory for Kim is that she moves to Omaha, and when the timeline finally catches up, Gene gets in contact with Kim Wexler, Underworld Queen of Omaha.

She'll be married and have kids and he'll be sad. 

I think the confrontation with the Air Force Captain is really illustrative of Jimmy’s character and how he views himself: “Always on a high horse always trying to make me feel like I’m..” It’s like he is a character in a Greek tragedy, someone who is a good lawyer, a hard worker, someone who can do and act right, but someone who will always be seen as scum, untrustworthy and low scum. And that’s why Jimmy becomes Saul—everyone treats him like Saul, so might as well become Saul. 

I'm wondering if they'll cover up Howard's murder as a suicide somehow. He was drunk, came over unhinged and embarrassed, popped himself in the head kind of thing. It would totally seem believable given how he caused the Sandpiper case to fall through with his "drug problem".