Better Call Saul - The Final & 6th Season

15 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Who was the guy that lifted his head at the very end of the trailer? It looked like I was supposed to recognize him? I think that was Lalo behind him. 

It looks like Lalo's freaking TWIN! I have NO idea wtf is happening & I'm loving every single second of it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I missed this show SO FREAKING MUCH! Bittersweet for this to be the final swan song but nevertheless, it is chock full of threads to be tied up & I am so along for that ride! Can we all agree that Nacho is completely & totally FUBAR'd from all directions? Sorta feel bad for this kid, no doubt about that.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Holy shit those were two very tense episodes of television. I feel so bad for Nacho, but man is he playing it as smart as he can. And Kim. And Lalo. The show is in top form, and I didn't imagine so much would happen in just two episodes, but then I remember it's the final season.

Nacho makes it out alive... Yay or Nay?

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nacho makes it out alive... Yay or Nay?

This is probably going to come bite me in the ass before all is said & done BUT ... I feel there's a far greater chance that Lalo shows up in the Gene timeline than Nacho makes it out alive.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Weirdo...

See the Netflix thread to see what I'm talking about... or better yet, ask @SimpleG :p

I saw it and in this instance it’s more about me being cheap so I can watch it over a one month or less period of time to save on subscription fees. 

34 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I think he makes it too. Because, while it's not proof or anything that he does--

Reveal hidden contents

He could still not make it, though.

Spoiler

Saul mentions Nacho AND Lalo right? Or am i messing that up? When Walt and Jesse threaten to kill him doesn't he mention Lalo too?

For some reason I completely missed season 5. I’m rewatching season 4, at the moment and I’m just continually blown away by the craft on display in all the little details. Obviously BB and BCS are well regarded for their fun use of POV and tabletop shots, but what I appreciate so much is the sound side. A ton of storytelling gets done just with the sound design.

Incredible stuff. Can’t wait to get caught up!

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can we all agree that Howard really isn't as big a douche as Jimmy and Kim make him out to be?

Howard is a “try hard”, as the kids say, more than anything. He has a lot of insecurities and seems to think he needs to play a certain part, but being in season 4 right now as seeing his facade break in the aftermath of Chuck’s death makes it pretty clear that he’s not that bad a dude.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can we all agree that Howard really isn't as big a douche as Jimmy and Kim make him out to be?

Dude... I've felt bad for him ever since the show revealed that Howard actually wanted to hire Jimmy but Chuck vetoed it. Seems like he's giving Jimmy the benefit of the doubt when it matters.

Not that he doesn't have flaws or moral failings but everything we've seen of him leads me to believe he's not the villain that Jimmy and Kim think he is. 100% agree with you.

Despising Walt by the end was the point, but yeah Jimmy, now Saul, is certainly more likeable; he's funny, smart, and even though he's a con artist, in a way he's not fake like Walt was when he was putting on his tough guy persona wanting to be Tony Montana, but practically breaking down crying when someone actually tough threatened him. Walt was pathetic in that way. We could still see Saul do something really despicable though, but I don't think it'll be Skillz's prediction. 

I should watch a recap though because it's been two years and I can't remember why they want to screw over Howard so much. I barely even remember the Kettlemans, so not sure what the deal there is. 

Can someone explain Kim Wexler to me? She's a great character and I like her, but I just don't understand her motivations and can never predict what she's going to do or how she's going to react to something.

Spoiler

Throughout season 5 I kept waiting for the "you've gone too far" moment. The show constantly teased at the crumbling of Kim and Jimmy's relationship, but every one of his unethical decisions and acts of dishonesty towards her seems just to increase her loyalty towards him.

44 minutes ago, Moa said:

Can someone explain Kim Wexler to me? She's a great character and I like her, but I just don't understand her motivations and can never predict what she's going to do or how she's going to react to something.

Reveal hidden contents

Throughout season 5 I kept waiting for the "you've gone too far" moment. The show constantly teased at the crumbling of Kim and Jimmy's relationship, but every one of his unethical decisions and acts of dishonesty towards her seems just to increase her loyalty towards him.

IMO it's because she is exactly like Jimmy. She has become a Jimmy watching the little guy be fought for by Jimmy. She likes seeing the top dog get humbled. And on some level she can't hold it against Jimmy when he goes too far because she probably would have done the same thing.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Reveal hidden contents

If you see the episode with her flashback to when she was young you kinda get why her attraction to Jimmy because of her relationship with her dysfunctional mother. She has a savior complex that drives her to want to rescue Jimmy (and others) because of her mom. That's a key difference between her and Jimmy because at the end of the day, Jimmy is at his core, purely motivated by self interest. Say what you want about Chuck but he was right about everything he said about Jimmy. By the wasy I started the series over yesterday on Netflix and I'm already halfway through season three. Such a brilliant show and Jimmy's character and arc is even clearer watching the show all at once. 

• Like 1

Given the way Jimmy looked at Kim when she dealt with the Kettlemans, I think she's going too far even for him, and he's going to break things off with her, maybe even after she does something that he thinks is so egregiously wrong he can't forgive her. I think she likes making people suffer if she thinks they deserve it. She was pretty ruthless.