Marvel shows leaving Netflix in March

• EternallDarkness changed the title to Marvel shows leaving Netflix in March
6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Nah. Don't need'em. Toss'em in the trash.

Prune their timelines. There are just some side characters I really want to see return and get some focus on. Jessica Henwick's Colleen Wing, Simone Missick's Misty Knight, Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple, David Tennant's Killgrave.

5 minutes ago, ort said:

Didn't Netflix pay for these and make them with their own studio or whatever? It seems weird that they could lose their own shows.

I thought Marvel/Disney paid for these and only sold the streaming rights to Netflix. I'm pretty sure Marvel TV produced all of the Netflix series.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have an active Disney+ subscription, can someone confirm that if you go on there and click the "Marvel" button that these shows are listed? We already basically got it with NWH and Hawkeye but that'd be another really strong hint that they're actually properly folding these shows into the MCU and not just recycling some of the actors.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't have an active Disney+ subscription, can someone confirm that if you go on there and click the "Marvel" button that these shows are listed? We already basically got it with NWH and Hawkeye but that'd be another really strong hint that they're actually properly folding these shows into the MCU and not just recycling some of the actors.

they’re not listed on disney plus at all yet. probably won’t be listed until the 16th. 

14 hours ago, ort said:

Huh. What's the most adult thing on Disney Plus right now? Do they even have any R rated content?

(EDIT: Yes, a bunch apparently)

In international markets that don’t have Hulu, there’s a “Star” section of D+ that carries that stuff. In the US, this will be the first “mature” content to hit the service, so it will come with parental controls

Hasn't she already said she wants to come back as Colleen Wing?

Jessica-Henwick-Unforgettable-Gala-Getty
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The actor also reveals one factor for bowing out of the 'Shang-Chi' audition process was holding out hope her 'Iron Fist' character, Colleen Wing, could return to the MCU proper someday.

“If I did [Shang-Chi], I would effectively be putting Colleen to bed. It wasn’t the main factor, but it definitely came up in conversation,” Henwick tells The Hollywood Reporter. “I love Colleen. She changed my life. Of course, if I was given the opportunity to revisit her, I would, but I just don’t know how likely that is. Charlie [Cox] knew about that opportunity years ago. He already knew it was happening. I think I would have heard by now if there were any plans with Colleen.”

Seems she was up the role of Xialing in Shang Chi, but backed off holding out hope she could come back as Wing instead. Marvel, make it happen.

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I hope she's able to find something worthy of her talents.  She's been involved with several lukewarm high profile projects since her debut on game of Thrones.

She pulls off total badass like few people do on screen <3 Fierce like a tiger <3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 10:36 PM, Jason said:

On 3/1/2022 at 11:04 PM, johnny said:

they’re not listed on disney plus at all yet. probably won’t be listed until the 16th. 

Apparently they're now on Disney+, and I'm still curious whether they're lumped in with the other MCU content in the way they're listed.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Apparently they're now on Disney+, and I'm still curious whether they're lumped in with the other MCU content in the way they're listed.

looking at the app on my phone, if you click on the marvel icon, those shows are featured and they have their own row called the “Defenders Saga”. Doesn’t look like it’s mixed in with any of the Phase rows 

I also noticed that Disney+ asked me to confirm which profiles should get full access to TV-MA content. That is, there are the children profiles that don't even get Cars 3 because of the "intense and frightening scenes", the "adult" profiles that get everything but TV-MA, and now the actual adult profile that can view these new Marvel shows.

Just to make myself clear, in case folks didn't know, this seems like the first time Disney+ is actual using the standard ratings system for anything. Before now, Disney+ used its own, internal age rating system that would relegate stuff like Cars 3, Big Hero 6, and Moana to the adult profiles because they were...too much for children? I don't get it because the old X-Men animated series or even the newer Marvel Rising stuff is fine for the child profiles.