Remember the Final Destination Series?

If I were to name my guilty pleasure movie series, this would be one of them. Yeah they aren’t the greatest written films, but some of the death scenes are just great to watch. I really hope they keep them in 3D as well, because the last 2 look great on my projector. 

how do you top the 2nd highway scene and the bridge collapse in the last movie? Anyone have any initial grand death scene setup?

Tsunami beach like opening.

Wild Fire like we just saw in Colorado 

Ripley’s Aquarium like collapse

one of them Skywalks on the outside of a big building

Skydiving or Red Bull Bi-Plane Competition 

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

I kind of feel this franchise would work better as a TV/streaming series. 

Maybe like a black mirror kind of thing.

Either way, I'm hyped. The Final Destination movies are all a lot of stupid fun. The central conceit of every scene being like "oh, what in this scene is going to murder this person" is an ingenious storytelling device.

The tanning bed one always gets me. Or the one where the dude wins the lottery, but then narrowly escapes getting his arm stuck in a garbage disposal, only to narrowly escape a fire, only to narrowly escape a rickety fire escape, only to get impaled through the head my a fire escape ladder. I've avoided walking directly underneath fire escape ladders ever since.

Really, the writers of those movies have sick imaginations.

• skillzdadirecta changed the title to Remember the Final Destination Series?
2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Maybe like a black mirror kind of thing.

Either way, I'm hyped. The Final Destination movies are all a lot of stupid fun. The central conceit of every scene being like "oh, what in this scene is going to murder this person" is an ingenious storytelling device.

The tanning bed one always gets me. Or the one where the dude wins the lottery, but then narrowly escapes getting his arm stuck in a garbage disposal, only to narrowly escape a fire, only to narrowly escape a rickety fire escape, only to get impaled through the head my a fire escape ladder. I've avoided walking directly underneath fire escape ladders ever since.

Really, the writers of those movies have sick imaginations.

I try to avoid driving behind any truck carrying any sort of load in case it came loose. 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I kind of feel this franchise would work better as a TV/streaming series. 

i disagree. should just be dumb fun with weird/creepy kills and get me out of there in 100 mins or less. a whole series means we have to hear them talk even more about how they avoided death and it’s coming for them 

9 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I strangely enough haven't seen a single one. Should I just watch the whore series or are there only a handful that I should bother with?

Well I don’t remember the “whore” Series but the original is sort of weird. I think they’re all connected with my memory thinking except for the 4th in the series being the only one that isn’t. Still they’re like 90 minutes long and go pretty by fast, as they all have a great massive opening action scene.

If it weren't for the kids, I'd definitely rewatch these. I can sneak in a good ole' pg-13 here and there, but these would invoke questions from my 3 year old that I'm not ready for. 'Daddy, does death really have a plan?'

I don't think I've seen 4 or 5. I've seen the plane, the wood hauler and, I think, the roller coaster? The wood hauler being my... 'favorite'. I kind of remember poor visual effects from the roller-coaster accident.

19 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Start from the beginning. They are very fun and connect in some subtle and not so subtle ways.

For some reason I always thought they were completely separate from each other almost like an anthology series. It's cool to know they connect - I'll check them out soon. I always have fun watching long-running franchises for the first time.

50 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

So what kind of opening accident do we think the new one will feature?

i already gave some of my ideas near the beginning of this thread, but will add one more

July 4th Disaster on a Lake. People tossed from inner tubes high into the air, one sliced in half by a paraglider being pulled on the back of a jet boat. Jostles line causing it to catch the line to be pulled in by the motor propellers, slicing glider up. Boat can’t stopped and crashes on land and into families having a BBQ. Propane tank loosens, spark lights tank, sends it off like a rocket into someone and pinning them to a breaker wall by the beach. Someone buried in the sand can’t get himself loose, propane tank lites sand on fire and causes sand to glass over the person. One of them water jet riders loses control with pressure spiking on his controls and falls sideways towards people and water jet starts ripping the skin from their faces like a high pressure power washer. 

just an idea

28 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

They're fun, silly movies and worth watching if you like horror movies. Though the basic idea is essentially the same in each movie, the Rube Goldberg-ishness of the franchise is clever and preposterous.

I love both silly horror movies and creative deaths. This honestly sounds right up my alley I just never got around to them for some reason.