Tom Henderson (VGC, IGN): TLOU1 Remake and Factions nearly finished, could release this year

SaysWho?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed TLOU back when it came out, and still enjoyed it when I played the remaster years later, but is a remake really necessary? It made a lot more sense when Demon Souls was remade, but given how good TLOU already looked back then, and still looks good today, I'm a little peculiar about it. But if that's what the people want, and since there's a TV series coming out for it, they probably can justify it. 

:shrug:

3 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed TLOU back when it came out, and still enjoyed it when I played the remaster years later, but is a remake really necessary? It made a lot more sense when Demon Souls was remade, but given how good TLOU already looked back then, and still looks good today, I'm a little peculiar about it. But if that's what the people want, and since there's a TV series coming out for it, they probably can justify it. 

definitely not necessary but i love the game and will buy it as long as they've made improvements beyond graphics. 

3 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Iirc, a smaller team on another studio was working on it and went over budget or over the scope of what they could do, so naughty dog took over since it’s their baby.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I guess if it’s a full remake and not just another remaster like the PS4 version, that could be interesting. But other than a few tweaks to AI, I can’t think of much I would want done to that game. 

i think they'll use TLOU2 gameplay and improved AI, fix some random things, pretty up the game, improve performance, and send it out. I mean, I feel like that's the minimum they should do if they charge more than 25 dollars for it. 

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Everyone ITT "I don't see a point"

Release day "I bought it, this game is awesome!"

Me getting it would require a couple of things:

1. For the upgrades to be substantial. If it's truly a remake, and not just a remaster, and it changes some things around, adds in more content, maybe even cut content from when they were originally making the game, then maybe it'll be worthwhile. If it's simply the PS4 version, but just slightly better looking, and running at 120 fps at 4K, then no. 

2. Actually getting a PS5. 

If they basically throw in the sequel's combat system and expand the level design accordingly, I'm all in. And it says remake, not remaster. I can't imagine ND being dumb enough to put resources into, what, re-remastering the original? I think they'll at least update the combat to TLOU2 standards of sorts. 

Fuck this remake. The guy at Sony who started on this project originally setup a small team to create remasters of PlayStation classics. Sony told him to do the last of us for some dumb reason then took the game away and gave it to naughty dog so they could finish and then shuttered the original team.