Asking as a teacher, what was your favourite subject from ages 5-11?

gamer.tv

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Oh, unless Gym counts. I like Gym. I liked when we would do vollyball. Hated cup stacking tho. Shit was lame. 

This. Gym volleyball is an all time great. 

Besides gym, what classes I liked depended on the teacher. The only class I outright hated was music/instrument class. 

I liked math a lot, and history.

In 6th grade I had a teacher who was really in to ancient Egypt, and every year she would have her class put on a sort of "living museum" in her classroom for the rest of the school to go through. Students would dress up as ancient Egyptians and talk to visitors about their projects, which were exhibits on hieroglyphs, the pyramids, ancient hunting techniques, art, whatever. It was really awesome how into it she was and how much freedom she gave the students to be creative and find a topic that interested them. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Teachers pet

i sure as fuck was one in Kindergarten. I even got my teacher to come to my Bday party, plus I still hold the record for most lost teeth in a year (14) 

plus I actual went with my sister yesterday and delivered a meal for my grade 1 teacher to her house. Husband is sadly dying from a slow progressing cancer of some sort. Told he’s on a new medication which seems to be keeping him pretty pain free. Sadly it also stopped his hands/feet from properly functioning. So he can’t walk or feed/wipe himself.

so some 30+ years later, and I’m still playing the role of a teachers pet. Ok, more for my sister because they share the same Bday and always go out and celebrate it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nokra said:

I liked math a lot, and history.

In 6th grade I had a teacher who was really in to ancient Egypt, and every year she would have her class put on a sort of "living museum" in her classroom for the rest of the school to go through. Students would dress up as ancient Egyptians and talk to visitors about their projects, which were exhibits on hieroglyphs, the pyramids, ancient hunting techniques, art, whatever. It was really awesome how into it she was and how much freedom she gave the students to be creative and find a topic that interested them. 

That living museum idea is good, I’ll pass it on to some colleagues as they cover Ancient Egypt with 10-11 year olds.

12 hours ago, silentbob said:

I was a fan of Math. I remember being in Grade 1 and I finished all the math book problems. So last month of school they gave me some questions from the Grade 2 textbook to keep me busy

Every teacher both loves and hates these types of children. I have some that I teach where if it’s a skill based mathematics lesson (say long division), they’ll finish 4x faster than everyone else. It’s like planning for two lessons of the same thing each time.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Every teacher both loves and hates these types of children. I have some that I teach where if it’s a skill based mathematics lesson (say long division), they’ll finish 4x faster than everyone else. It’s like planning for two lessons of the same thing each time.

Try severe punishment to get these nerds in line! 

13 hours ago, silentbob said:

i sure as fuck was one in Kindergarten. I even got my teacher to come to my Bday party, plus I still hold the record for most lost teeth in a year (14) 

plus I actual went with my sister yesterday and delivered a meal for my grade 1 teacher to her house. Husband is sadly dying from a slow progressing cancer of some sort. Told he’s on a new medication which seems to be keeping him pretty pain free. Sadly it also stopped his hands/feet from properly functioning. So he can’t walk or feed/wipe himself.

so some 30+ years later, and I’m still playing the role of a teachers pet. Ok, more for my sister because they share the same Bday and always go out and celebrate it

Now that is a great thing to do with a very sad situation. Good work.